Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quite good boss on heroic imo. One of the better in WotLK, alltho it wouldn't hurt to increase the difficulty slightly more on heroic.

not gone inside till now. want to see it, my guild alread managd to down him in normal, and i think they are in a good shape for HM.

hope to go there this week.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I quite enjoy Ruby Sanctum. At the moment it's my favourite raid instance, actually.

You actually have to pay some attention on the trash, rather than just gather everything in the room and AoE.

Unlike Obsidian Sanctum, the mini-bosses are actually -interesting-. Not just tank'n'spank with minimal changes to Portals.

Halion is an awesome fight, though I have only done him twice now(I don't do 25-mans). I absolutely love the Twilight Realm with the orbs, as well as the mechanics of phase 3.

TL;DR I think Ruby Sanctum is awesome.

One of the raid which I didn't enjoy, at all. Trash is annoying, mini bosses quite more challenging than OS ones but nothing special, boss itself interesting, but pink.

And yeah, putting that mini raid after ICC relase is dumb, even it's opener for Cata events, I'd rather make some solo quest-line with cinematic instead.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    If you want to call 85 guilds "a lot" be my guest. 450 on HM 10...but again, those are guilds manned to the teeth in HM 25 ICC gear...
    The difficulty, or lack of difficulty, has nothing to do with gear. The fight just doesn't have many ways to wipe you and the few it has are relatively easy to avoid. The dps requirement isn't difficult unless you have people die to things that they shouldn't be dying to.

As for my opinion having to coordinate movement with people you can't see is certainly an interesting concept but body and soul makes it less fun than it could be. If the area was smaller and it wasn't possible to just run the marks out past where anyone is standing I would probably have enjoyed it more.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2010-07-08 at 02:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You obviously can't even do trash right...so why are you even giving your "impression" of the raid. The mini bosses are a joke, the only thing that people care about is Halion.
    99 problems but a Lich ain't one...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by redwitchy View Post
    You need to tank the commander away from the others mate^^ We also wiped on this pack, but only once. Figured theres some sort a buff he gives the others if he's too close to them.
    Bzzt. It's a zone wide shout. Every NPC tanked within 8 yards of another receives the stacking 25% buff when he shouts. So tanking the commander away from the group does nothing. Sap the commander, pull the rest and chain sleep the commander. All the mobs are able to be stunned, sapped or slept.

Quote Originally Posted by Szethius View Post
    As I was saying, these mobs were stacked we had no problems with the other trash and what not just this set. The mobs were stacked with 4 other random npcs.
    use some cc

Quote Originally Posted by webdonkey View Post
    normal mode... KEK

hard mode... KEK

lets face it... its one mean dragon with icc abilities implemented...

way to go blizz, must have been hard to make... like a revamp of naxx

wow should be free cause of major fuckups like this, maybe then we wont care
    Do.not.feed.him!
    Real tanks don't use that foo foo magic stuff...we use steel and harsh language.

My faith in humanity before WotLK : ------|---
    after : -|--------

Honestly, the instance doesn't seem too hard or too easy, it just isn't fun. I don't enjoy it. I like ICC, it's fun to raid when I'm killing bosses in ICC. Having to pay attention on trash does not make the instance a good design, it just means that the repetitive boring part of the instance that no one honestly gives a crap about takes longer to clear through before you get to the decent part. If a pizza company came out with a pizza in which half of the radius of the pizza was crust, I doubt people would say "OH BOY, I'VE ALWAYS WISHED THERE WAS MORE CRUST". I don't understand why that's different for the part of raiding that doesn't matter.

As for the boss itself, the mechanics are tired and just not enjoyable. If you get a debuff, run from the raid. Stay out of fire or avoid a rotating beam. The DPS balancing is really the only "Oh wow look at that fancy new thing" part of the fight, and even that is just a dumbed down version of kalecgos.

Maybe I just like ICC because it's bigger. Who's to say. I'm just not having fun with RS.

Quote Originally Posted by Furykin View Post
    Honestly, the instance doesn't seem too hard or too easy, it just isn't fun. I don't enjoy it. I like ICC, it's fun to raid when I'm killing bosses in ICC. Having to pay attention on trash does not make the instance a good design, it just means that the repetitive boring part of the instance that no one honestly gives a crap about takes longer to clear through before you get to the decent part. If a pizza company came out with a pizza in which half of the radius of the pizza was crust, I doubt people would say "OH BOY, I'VE ALWAYS WISHED THERE WAS MORE CRUST". I don't understand why that's different for the part of raiding that doesn't matter.

As for the boss itself, the mechanics are tired and just not enjoyable. If you get a debuff, run from the raid. Stay out of fire or avoid a rotating beam. The DPS balancing is really the only "Oh wow look at that fancy new thing" part of the fight, and even that is just a dumbed down version of kalecgos.

Maybe I just like ICC because it's bigger. Who's to say. I'm just not having fun with RS.
    You have obviously never had stuffed crust pizza.

ruby sanctum is pretty easy really done hc 10 on the first week and now just fine tuning ph3 on hc 25 which should be down soon, its a nice well tuned fight that shows ppl who dont pay attention in raids.

at the moment the content is very boring just farm raids now apart from lk hc 25 which is a well tuned fight.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    this raid the trash is alot harder then any of the 4 bosses definatly so if u do it without CCing any of them
    we CC 1 assulter and 2 invokers while OT picks up remaining assulters while DPS nuke down the comander
    NOTE: we get the MT to pull the comander say 40-50 yards away from all the others

Edit: remember this raid is an introduction into cataclysm where CC is suposed to be a significant part of many pulls there
    Your speaker volume BETRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS YOU!

I've done 25Man on Heroic only in Ruby Sanctum, taking around ~40ish attempts in two nights but wiped due to easily fixable mistakes. As it's filler content, it's quite easy considering not much time spent on the boss. But it's not fun either - there was no real difficulty in it that was new.

When I saw the 25Man Normal video of the fight of the twilight cutters - I was expecting four orbs to spawn but no - it was only two orbs ... that's when I saw how much more easier it can either be. Of course that's just my opinion of a facerolling melee class who just DPS', AOE's, Run out for dispells, dodge fires - and DPS!!

I think that trash are the only really hard thing there.. We couldn't do 25man cause of trash in the middle (though It was only like an hour of tries?). In 10 man we've don it but the adds were a pain in the ass. Mini bosses are a joke, only a bit harder is the one that is splitting (took us 3 attempts - 1 where a tank DCed).. Halion itself is not hard at all on normal. You only need to get it to not stand between two balls in the shadow realm and move the bose in clockwise motion when there is a beam. We were doing it without DBM (wasn't working there, dunno why?)..

On the other hand - calling it a "free loot" is a bit too much. It takes some effort to do, you still have time to do regular ICC - and the loot IMHO is not that great.. For lock there is like 1 really useable trinkiet?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went there with a nice pug formed by my ex GM.
    No problem with trash,one wipe on miniboss cauze i sucked andwe managed to get halion to 45% I think when some1 had to go afk for 15 mins and didnt come back half an hour later when we disbanded.
    Wanna try it with my guild but I hardly ever find time to raid

I was so damn dissapointed with it, the water contained no fish!

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    You have obviously never had stuffed crust pizza.
    The normal pizza is still better than the crust. Let's call stuffed crust pizza ICC, because the trash actually drops loot.
    We can call Ruby Sanctum Pizza with a crust made out of stones.
    At least there is a lot of stones.
    :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomshroom View Post
    I was so damn dissapointed with it, the water contained no fish!
    hahaha, my first thought after killing the trash

and when it comes for RS itself, it's ok, looks nice, had to wipe a few times to get the hang of positioning in p2

It's not super difficult on normal, hc is a bit of a challange but I hope to down it today on hc if all goes well.

All in all it is different from icc. It's a good thing for me after doing almost only icc since it came out... a few wipes on nice green grass is a nice change

Quote Originally Posted by webdonkey View Post
    normal mode... KEK

hard mode... KEK

lets face it... its one mean dragon with icc abilities implemented...

way to go blizz, must have been hard to make... like a revamp of naxx

wow should be free cause of major fuckups like this, maybe then we wont care
    No one is telling you to play this game.