Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fano7 View Post
    which it was not meant to do.
    You know Sarin was supose to be insecticide

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    high GS = high skill in almost 99% of cases
    HAHAHAHAHA or someone who has bought a crap load of gold from farmers and bought runs into 25 man heroics!

Quote Originally Posted by justabigbird View Post
    still skill > gearscore
    why did you take a pic of me?

GearScore is actually quite usefull when leading PuG raids. Not saying GS automatically translates to skill, but if you ask for a certain gearscore you know atleast the person has decent enough gear to be able to complete the instance. In the old days I had to armory every single person before I invited them to a raid, so I would know if their gear was up for the instance, no I can just go off by numbers. If people don't meet the requirement but can prove to me they are qualified enough, I will still invite them ofcourse, but this makes my life alot easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    high GS = high skill in almost 99% of cases
    It really doesn't. In fact, people with high GS tend to be sloppy, careless and and generally big headed and intolerant of those wil lower GS. Not everyone with high GS is like that ofcourse, there are some damn fine players out there but there are also a lot of people who try to mark skill by GS. High GS = the player 'should' know what he's doing but it isn't guarantee.

I used gearscore to do a quick check on peoples gear so I knew what I'd be up against and how we may handles pulls. If people had generally low GS then I knew pulls couldn't be OTT and it generally made me more aware of the strain the group/raid may be feeling when we are doing it. It was a useful tool to check if we could push it that little bit futher or hold back. I never used to descriminate players and to look down upon people with which sadly is what most people did with it.
    Last edited by Gyrllsbear; 2010-06-30 at 02:01 PM.

Whats skill? people only have gearscore lol
    Who needs achievement if u got gearscore xD
    aslong as ur gearscore is over 6000 u can get in everything even if u are retarded

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningStick View Post
    Elitist Group is still better in my opinion though
    Yeah, this. With this you can see how many times one have killed a boss, if everything is rightfully enchanted/gemmed, gear for current specc.
    Would rather bring a 5.3k GS guy that has killed every boss up to sindragosa atleast 5times than a 6.1k gs guy that is geared from first wing and never have been killing professor. A mate of mine has only killed 6bosses in icc and has 6k gs obtained from pugs, while I got 5.7k gs and have killed 11 bosses.
    I recently unistalled GS addon, and I can't describe the good feeling, not know other peoples gearscore!

Deleted
    I opened the thread and it was all 'blablablablagearscoreblabla KITTY! Yay Kitties.' And then I forgot all about the angst around GS.

I've once read a great analogy for the thing and it's still what I'm going to stick to.
    "Gearscore is like a bikini; It shows a lot of promise but the most important parts are still hidden."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valleera View Post
    "Gearscore is like a bikini; It shows a lot of promise but the most important parts are still hidden."
    Have my babies.

Baby kittens that is.
    Last edited by Whatah; 2010-06-30 at 02:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i mostly use GS to check what tier of gear some one has, and if they don't preform how they should with that gear (atleast dps wise, tank and healers can't realy be rated this way) i just kick'em, because that means its not the gear, but the player that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Valleera;8219796.
    trufax

Quote Originally Posted by unholyhealer View Post
    Tbh Elitist Group isn't that much different from GearScore...
    Some info just displayed differently, and Elitist Group doesn't put a big number on someones gear level (that i know of)
    And that is why Elitist Group is and will always be superior.
    It does not provide an epeen massaging number which the vast majority are incapable of looking past.
    It fails due to the presence of the score, the entire cause of the problems.