Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's not so much the length of time they're taking; it's what they are doing with the announcements, 16:00, 18:00 etc. If they have no idea what time they finish, then why make up a random time to keep the customers quiet? It'll end up with more angry customers.

Deleted
    Well, Blizz did state they would not open up the RS before everyone has had a chance the dl the patch, or something of that order

Now Europe is still down, however US had the world first?

Just a bit iffy

Quote Originally Posted by pancakez View Post
    i heard blizzard earns alot of money.. and they still cant apply 1 patch whitout fucking things upp...
    Who said they fucked up? Quote plx?

They work HARD to make sure the game is what your paying for. SO WHAT if it's down for 1 day? that's still 29 days of a monthly subscription you got left to enjoy what they had to fix on that ONE day.

All this pointless QQ is pointless.
    bestroo: She's not into bombing terrorist guys with big beards.
    zeidiz: QQ
    zeidiz: i can shave!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Crafters have tons of stuff to acquire and craft. Not all of it is epic, of course, but if you don't raid, why would you need epics?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pancakez View Post
    i heard blizzard earns alot of money.. and they still cant apply 1 patch whitout fucking things upp...
    I heard you know how to code, setup servers and such, oh wait.
    OP: Agreed.

10+ Year Old Account
    the whole system is tied into itself, if one part doesn't work properly, the whole server goes down, would you prefer to wait until they've fixed it, or play now and then QQ that the server crashed and its gonan take a few days to replace it.

I´d work 24/7 with any programming to get the salory the big heads have...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elixor View Post
    I´d work 24/7 with any programming to get the salory the big heads have...
    You mean the very people that aren't doing the debugging?

Since when did you become such a technician, Ralth?

Rasists

10+ Year Old Account
    Lemme give you some numbers:

To operate wow blizzard needs:
    • 20,000 computer systems
    • 13,250 server blades
    • 75,000 CPU cores
    • 1.3 petabytes of storage
    • 4,600 staffers
    while also, every patch, ensuring that
    7,650 quests, 70,000 spells, 40,000 NPCs, 1.5 million game assets, and 5.5 million lines of code.
    still work, and they have to make sure the server is totally stable, or it will come down from the load.

Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    Oi!

Have you any idea how the world works? The world of program(s)(ming)?
    Have you any idea how servers w/ shit load of traffic work?

No?

stfu.

Serious, everytime realms are down / some bug appears it's "OMG BLIZZ PLZZZ FIXX PLZZ OMG BADD OMG PLZZZ". The only persons not cryin' about it are those who enjoy, and those who actually know how this shit works.

So, give them respect for their work, they're being busy for us now since 0:01 - 18.00, and maybe even more. It's work with 001010010101010101010101, if you make that 010111010101101 you have an error k? k!
    And you do know?

nope didnt think so...
    Sometimes you just have to stop healing some people to prove a point, if they don't listen, it's really their own fault :P

Quote Originally Posted by I <3 maintinance View Post
    not with billions of $$
    Spend billions of $$ to fix a bug.. gg, or they could just spend some time doing it without spending that much, and save those billions of $$.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooboy View Post
    You mean the very people that aren't doing the debugging?
    So that you understand, I would do anything with fucking computers... Except fucking computers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I <3 maintinance View Post
    Since when did you become such a technician, Ralth?
    I'm no technician, i simple look at it though logic, to operate such a big network, its very important to keep it stable or risk a collapse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mageorian View Post
    I agree with thread starter...

its not hes noob..its u guys being nerds and nerd rage over game... get a life ..
    Totally agreed, its just a game so if your going to say things like FU blizz, then, just get a life, and if you dont want to, play a different game meanwhile, WoW is not the only game in the world ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralth View Post
    Lemme give you some numbers:

To operate wow blizzard needs:
    • 20,000 computer systems
    • 13,250 server blades
    • 75,000 CPU cores
    • 1.3 petabytes of storage
    • 4,600 staffers
    while also, every patch, ensuring that
    7,650 quests, 70,000 spells, 40,000 NPCs, 1.5 million game assets, and 5.5 million lines of code.
    still work, and they have to make sure the server is totally stable, or it will come down from the load.
    To make up some random shit on mmo-champions forum:

• Ralths tiny brain

Have you seen other games patching? I once created a tall giant with a white mane. After patching I logged in with a human black beard. ?:/ Imagine logging in and finding your Orc DK turned into a NE priest?

Having said that saying something like patching would be within 24 hours 'might' be better.. but then what if it only takes only 10 hours ... qq moar?

Well we are paying for the game so we got the right to QQ:P

Quote Originally Posted by Lamb chops View Post
    Spend billions of $$ to fix a bug.. gg, or they could just spend some time doing it without spending that much, and save those billions of $$.
    Just.... stop trolling.

i dont mind they keep working on server IF they give us an extented day on our accounts billing