Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by TruffleMuffin View Post
    I don't want to see this nerfed.
    This fight is just right, in my opinion. Shouldn't take long for people to learn it enough so it can be beaten reliably, but it's still rather hard.

Much like Emalon when he was first released. Emalon was nerfed due to endless QQ, so I can almost bet there will be some Halion nerf too. Which is a real shame.
    Ardoric Sollis Ardodeath. Proud pet collector

Ardoric <Undergeared> Raiding in blues 'cause gear is overrated (8/12 ICC 10 | 3/4 RS 10)

Quote Originally Posted by ardoRic
    You argue that you need gear to compensate stupidity, I argue that you shouldn't take stupid to your raids.

It was nice to have difficult trash. Seems OK fight. Typical dragon encounter though really but with a twist at the end.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

no need to nerf RS..
    people are just dulled from icc buff..
    wake up!!!

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrsky View Post
    As with Naxxramas at the start of Wrath. It's just a filler raid to get everyone prepared from a lore standing point of view... anyway, what's the problem with the trash? This raid is basically free loot...
    Yeah, I'd say it's easily the hardest boss so far this raid expansion. It's more of a bone thrown to hardcore guilds. This raid won't be pugged anytime soon. It's definitely substantially more difficult than LK.

---------- Post added 2010-07-03 at 02:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rugglee View Post
    for a normal guild this RS is a joke, if it got a nerf just give the items at theses noob and enjoy your free loot jesus....
    Yeah most guilds haven't downed it or even come close. What do you mean by normal guild? Most "normal" guilds haven't even downed LK 25 man so I'm going to have to assume you mean a top percentile guild? This fight is far from a joke. I'm actually very disappointed in how difficult it is for the lack of a reward. You can get MUCH better loot from 10 man hard modes that are substantially easier than normal mode Halion.

---------- Post added 2010-07-03 at 02:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick View Post
    This fight does not need a nerf. It offers LK level loot comparable to its difficulty setting for 10/10H/25/25H. The fight is easier by far than LK in its normal and heroic settings respectively, making it more accessible to less progressive raiders, but to nerf it at all would make it easier than the wing-end bosses in ICC, and at a minimum that level of a skill check should be kept in place when offering up the best gear in the game.
    ... what? It's a LOT harder than LK. LK is a very, very easy fight. Halion 10 man normal is about 15-20 times more difficult than Blood Queen 10 man heroic. Or 10 man heroic Saurfang. Both of those bosses drop substantially better loot.

Halion is a very poorly designed fight. I hope it gets nerfed very soon.

A lot harder than lich king, really? Do you really believe that? 28 guilds have 25 man hard mode kills already and thousands have done it on normal. The normal mode is a complete joke, just about everything that you could die to in the hard mode was either significantly nerfed or removed completely in the normal. The hard mode is a fair bit harder but still isn't comparable to the lich king even with the 25% buff.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, didn't even remotely have as much trouble with the LK fight.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post

... what? It's a LOT harder than LK. LK is a very, very easy fight. Halion 10 man normal is about 15-20 times more difficult than Blood Queen 10 man heroic. Or 10 man heroic Saurfang. Both of those bosses drop substantially better loot.

Halion is a very poorly designed fight. I hope it gets nerfed very soon.
    Just try Icc Heroic 10 OR 25 without the 25% Buff. :P

Some people are just so depending on that Icc Buff that they now stand before Halion and yeah you know just cant get that out of their heads :3
    Druid since Feb. 06

Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    yeah, didn't even remotely have as much trouble with the LK fight.
    Then you either got carried at lich king, didn't do lich king without the buff or just played with idiots at halion.

Give it a few weeks and there will be more guilds killing halion heroic than lich king heroic, and no that isn't because of limited attempts.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2010-07-03 at 03:54 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    Then you either got carried at lich king, didn't do lich king without the buff or just played with idiots at halion.

Give it a few weeks and there will be more guilds killing halion heroic than lich king heroic, and no that isn't because of limited attempts.
    probably the bold.

---------- Post added 2010-07-03 at 04:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xe4ro View Post
    Just try Icc Heroic 10 OR 25 without the 25% Buff. :P

Some people are just so depending on that Icc Buff that they now stand before Halion and yeah you know just cant get that out of their heads :3
    it's not the buff, i've been playing this game a loooooong time. it's the mechanics of the fight. the lazer pew pew beam is waaaaay more challenging to deal with than easy mode defile.

15+ Year Old Account
    I dont know but i've tried halion 10 on heroic yesterday for ~1 hour and he was already down on 35% (try that on Lk hero at your first evening) . We then stopped because in Germany its just sooo hot atm. It realy isnt fun to play at 29° XD
    Last edited by Xe4ro; 2010-07-03 at 04:17 AM.
    Druid since Feb. 06

probably right about this

I think the consumption should happen between laser charges and never during. It's the main source of death that my guild has had. You almost need a priest with body and soul or to have everyone without a sprint like skill to be engineering for rocket boots. I could see justifying having 2 holy priests in a 25 man raid, but for 10 man it can be a little harder to work out that way.

The fight is cake on normal mode, on heroic phase 3 is a giant clusterfuck. As of right now the fight takes a certain amount of luck and a lot of skill on heroic. That being said, I like it. Finally a challenge.

Deleted
    Should have been made harder to be honest, normal is atleast easy :P Will try heroic Hallion next week though, seems a lot more fun.

yes.. its not hard for a guild..
    yes.. it is hard for a pug. therefor it will be nerfd

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    We don't know if ruby sanctum has anything similar to the icecrown buff yet.
    And hopefully it doesnt

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanos View Post
    I'm not talking about that kind of nerf. Think more along the lines of the Lady Deathwhisper nerf, which basically came about because too many pugs couldn't get past her.

retards*
    Insert Signiture here.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanos View Post
    I do not want it to be nerfed, my guild killed it on 25 tonight easily enough like everyone else with a brain.

However, from the amount of QQ in trade chat about groups disbanding after 1hr+ on trash I think it will be.

Do you think it will be nerfed? If so, how long until it is, and how severely?
    i honestly don't think it will be nerfed too severely, they might nerf the trash and minibosses at the most. they're trying to ease people back into challenging gameplay so they aren't as surprised when cataclysm level 81 instances eat their faces off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.