Thread: Idea for Titan

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Idea for Titan

Heres a suggestion, Titan could be a whole Greek Mythology mmo based game where its based in the 20-21st century. Your main role/character could be a epic Titan with a story to follow or it could be multiple roles/characters to chose from. Now this is NOT official this is strictly ideas. Please feel free to add to my ideas or come up with your own. This thread is meant to come up with ideas and not to flame them or the people that come up with them.

WoW 2.0 inc

10+ Year Old Account
    i would like an mmo based in our time or near future idc if its greek mythology or space vikings with purple beards, it gets kinda old to play games based in really old times or really distant ones.

titan is not a wow competitor. titan is a mmofps. i will bet my 150k gold on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Titan is an MMO-FPS, How, would you make a greek mythology FPS?
    Also, i think your taking the name of the game too literally.
    Aren't Titans roman too?

Yea titans are roman too just trying to throw ideas out.

Quote Originally Posted by nyoh View Post
    WoW 2.0 inc
    It has already been said that it is not like anything Blizzard has ever made in the past. An entirely new IP.

So if by "wow 2.0" you mean something other than record shattering and a subscriber base over 10 million, you're wrong.

I think it will be like sing-star 2.0

I'm 100% the word "Titan" is just a code name, and the game will have 0 relation to any real life interpretation of the word "Titan".

Expect to see a very large integration with social networking. Blizzard wants to tap into the something like 80 million people (not sure the exact figure, but I know it's astronomical) that play Farmville. Think Second Life, but with one of the biggest and best MMO companies behind it.

Not what I'd like to see, but what I'm expecting.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

hmm, that sounds pretty cool imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say the same and my cousin, We thing "Titan" is just the protects name, it maybe whole another name, like starcraft 2 was named "Medusa" protect, maybe they're giving something else and we thing it is "titan"

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine this.
    The sims
    IMVU
    That thing where you walk around in the real world but on your computer
    Farmville
    Best FPS games
    Best RPG games
    Best sandbox games. now, put these all in a pot and blend, If " Titan " Was that.. Epic. Win.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonzi View Post
    I'm 100% the word "Titan" is just a code name, and the game will have 0 relation to any real life interpretation of the word "Titan".
    Titan is also a moon that orbits Saturn. Sci-fi/cyberpunk open world space shooter seems a lot more plausible than a mmofps based on greek mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    How, would you make a greek mythology FPS?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legendary_%28video_game%29
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

10+ Year Old Account
    What I want to see most is a futuristic/cyberpunk mmo-fps featuring the expansiveness and depth blizzard is known for

Titan is just a code name and, like every other game with a codename, it tends to have no relation to the genre or theme of it.

Also, Legendary flat-out blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Yomps View Post
    Titan could be a whole Greek Mythology mmo based game where its based in the 20-21st century.
    I guess that would be the first Blizzard game I wouldn't buy then.

I'm 99.9% sure "Titan" is a code name and has little to nothing to do with the actual theme of the game, nor will it be the actual title of the game.

It has not been confirmed anywhere that its an mmofps i personally think if they do go the shooter route either give you the first person choice or its third person, those work better for rpg type games just look at the mass effect games, i think titan will be similar to them mechanic wise only on an mmo level, i actually think its more likely to have wow like mechanics in a sci-fi way than an mmofps, mmofps is called black ops multiplayer.

Deleted
    Titan was also the codename for the shelved Halo MMO. Coincidence?

Lets see. Speculation is that Blizzard's 'Titan' will be an FPS MMO. Does this speculation come from half remembered info about Bungie's FPS MMO of the same working name?

2 mins on Google brought these links up.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/04/12/ha...soft-eyed-cas/

In the second paragraph of the article it mentions that the aborted Halo MMO was indeed to be named 'Titan'.

Now looky here:

http://investor.activision.com/relea...leaseid=464918

Bungie and Activision Blizzard are now in partnership and no doubt working on something as we speak.

What can we deduct from this? I think it will be a Greek God themed FarmVille rip-off, if it isn't I'll eat my tinfoil hat. Either that or it will be massively influenced by Bungie's previous work on the former Titan project while utilizing Blizzard's experience and expertise in the MMO genre.