Active subscription?

So with the beta opning I'm wondering.. do you have to have an active subscription in order to get into it? Anyone that happens to know if this is the case or not? Also if not, will you have to get one in order to play the beta?

Lady of the Lore Syrra Coventry's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously doubt they'd give a beta "key" to someone not paying them for the game... *shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Syrra Coventry View Post
    I seriously doubt they'd give a beta "key" to someone not paying them for the game... *shrugs*
    I'm in doubt myself, that's why I ask if anyone KNOWS about this Would be a shame though, since i canceled my subscription last week!

I had my TBC Beta Key while my account is frozen.
    I did not get a WotLK Beta Key while my account is active with 3 of level 70 characters.

RNG again, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Maewen View Post
    I had my TBC Beta Key while my account is frozen.
    I did not get a WotLK Beta Key while my account is active with 3 of level 70 characters.

RNG again, lol.
    Cheers! Lets hope that it's still so! ^^

---------- Post added 2010-06-30 at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rivehn View Post
    Some people claim to have gotten beta invites with out having there acocunt active. I do believe blizzard posted a month or so ago that you wouldn't get invited.
    Bummer! Lets hope that it's not still so! O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a SC2 Beta Key when my account was Frozen it should be the same for Cataclysm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logiic View Post
    I got a SC2 Beta Key when my account was Frozen it should be the same for Cataclysm
    First off, SC2 has nothing to do with WoW and second off, almost anyone could of gotten in the beta with so many friend invites sent..

I got into the Wrath Beta in September, i had stopped playing with my account frozen since the end of July (08 of course), there's usually a window.

Please, elaborate on the Blizzard statement that if your account is frozen you won't get an invite, i must of missed that one somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasnt a friend invite and Blizzard owns SC/WoW so they could do the same for both.

Quote Originally Posted by Logiic View Post
    Wasnt a friend invite and Blizzard owns SC/WoW so they could do the same for both.
    Christ, stop spouting off that stupidity. YOU DON'T HAVE AN SC SUBSCRIPTION TO HAVE BEEN INACTIVE. NO ONE DOES.
    Star craft doesn't have subscriptions.
    WoW is an MMO that does have subscriptions.

See the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    Christ, stop spouting off that stupidity. YOU DON'T HAVE AN SC SUBSCRIPTION TO HAVE BEEN INACTIVE. NO ONE DOES.
    Star craft doesn't have subscriptions.
    WoW is an MMO that does have subscriptions.

See the difference?
    You seem angry, did someone eat your cookie?

Quote Originally Posted by revasky View Post
    You seem angry, did someone eat your cookie?
    The guy has spouted off the same crap in several threads. It takes half a second of thought to realize how incredibly stupid it is, and I hate to see the forums polluted with it.
    Just like I hate seeing so many of these threads popping up when it was already answered and half a second of googling would've found the answer.

It pollutes the forums and it annoys me.

If your account isn;t active, the opt-in bot will dismiss your selection and move on to the next.