Thread: Maelstrom

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Maelstrom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HSBdCKn5kk

Some interesting footage of a maelstrom... Discuss!
    Last edited by zeal; 2010-07-01 at 03:27 AM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

reminds me of pirates of the Caribbean. I'm interested in seeing what's going down in that spot

15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully it gets bigger, that sure is one tiny maelstrom.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Hopefully it gets bigger, that sure is one tiny maelstrom.
    Based on the size, I'm thinking it's not an actual in game zone but rather a set piece for the log in screen. You can have Deathwing pirched on one of those rocks looking mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Maelstrom is supposed to be the entrance to Vash'ir(or whatever is spelt like) which includes a couple of areas, namely the abyssal depths, the shimmering expanse and the kelp forest.

(I hope it's okay to post this)

Well I read in the War of the Ancients trilogy, that the maelstrom is where Kil'Jaeden was starting to come through to azeroth, and is also where boxigar jumpred in. It was also where an old god was kept enprisoned, and where Nozdormu was fighting for his life, which caused the slip in space time.

I'm saying all of that, hopefully to explain that nice fiery glow it has. Old god prison glow, or demon homeworld fire glow?

Quote Originally Posted by Crucialus View Post

(I hope it's okay to post this)
    The NDA is lifted bro. It's all good now.

That said, this is way too small to be a true representation of the Maelstrom. The Maelstrom is huge! Unless the world map has been lying to us this whole time!

10+ Year Old Account
    maby those rocks are reeeeeeeaaaaaally big and its zoomed reeeeeeaaaaaally far out?

That's totally my video.
    Anyway, like I've said before, perspective is everything. Also, in the new build there is a red beam coming out of it.

It's red because that's where Deathwing emerged from.

OUTDATED! This is 2 weeks old. As of the latest build it looks like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlXQPiFypxM

15+ Year Old Account
    Maelstrom is the entrance/opening to deepholm.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Deepholm
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Would be nice as a log screen better then creepy statues and frozen dragons screaming

The maelstrom model y'all are talking about is most likely going to be put right in the puddle in the area right north of Stormwind, and is with 95% certainty not THE Maelstrom, but just that, a maelstrom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Well I read in the War of the Ancients trilogy, that the maelstrom is where Kil'Jaeden was starting to come through to azeroth, and is also where boxigar jumpred in. It was also where an old god was kept enprisoned, and where Nozdormu was fighting for his life, which caused the slip in space time.

I'm saying all of that, hopefully to explain that nice fiery glow it has. Old god prison glow, or demon homeworld fire glow?
    No... You never read that, it was Sargeras coming through the portal.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    they should have made it bigger :/ btw what will happen when you try to swim in it? will you be sucked to the middle at the speed of light and end up entering another dimension that is the mirror of this dimension, where gnome's are the size of taurens and vice versa?
    would be cool ^^
    plz do this blizz I know you can!
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks to small
    Cool anyway =)
    I reported lamb of log twice, once for having a slow car and once for trolling.

This is the Maelstrom? THE Maelstrom? The one that was caused by Sargeras attempting to enter Azeroth? The one that broke the land of Azeroth into the continents known as Kalimdore, Northrend, and The Eastern Kingdoms? The one that destroyed the ships that Grom and Thrall used to flee to Kalimdore?

... I'm underwhelmed.

It's only speculation. We don't actually know if the is THE Maelstrom or just A maelstrom. Anyhow, THE Maelstroms biggest part is not the whirlpool itself but the hurricane above it, so this might be it. Otherwise it could also be put in an area in Deathwing Scar that has a big body of water in it.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)