Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lillah View Post
    Of course not, but for soloing elites and old dungeons, it would be nice. For example, currently I dont even think to solo most things unless I have Demo on my offspec.. and even then I sit there for 4-5 mins waiting for the felguard to make a decent amount of threat.

You can still use your voidwalker in pvp, but I just dont understand why you expect it's demon soul component to have pvp use. For example (because I haven't seen anyone else suggest anything better), someone suggested the demon soul component to have a be a sort of damage transfer for damage taken by the warlock- I dont see any common sense behind this. The warlock should idealy not be tanking while a tanking pet is out.
    I'm sure your VW can tank players just fine, I really don't see what's wrong with adding a PvP component seeing as only the FH and FG Demon Soul variations are currently usefull in PvP, damage transfer for PvP, Threat transfer for PvE, what's your problem?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you want it to reduce damage you take AND redirect your threat? Okay.
    I'm sorry but I guess I still don't understand why you guys are crying about... I can understand the annoyance behind the succubus ability since it's primarily a pvp pet (and looks like it's going to continue to be..) but I don't think a pvp ability for the void walker is a legitimate concern.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Quote Originally Posted by Lillah View Post
    So you want it to reduce damage you take AND redirect your threat? Okay.
    I'm sorry but I guess I still don't understand why you guys are crying about... I can understand the annoyance behind the succubus ability since it's primarily a pvp pet (and looks like it's going to continue to be..) but I don't think a pvp ability for the void walker is a legitimate concern.
    Why is that so bad? It's not like those 2 will ever be usefull in the same situation, threat for PvE, Damage (you could even specify damage from players, like resi does) for PvP, I don't even PvP but having only usefull effects for the FG (who even PvP's as demo anymore? Although that might change in Cata) or the FH, so the way it currently looks the only use for Demon Soul in PvP is with a FH, surely that can't be right.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I get your point, and it would be nice. However, I don't understand why people think it's necessarily something that needs changing.

Thanks Sokogeka<3

Don't forget that demon souls is built for PvE. Soul burn is primarily the pvp cooldown.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Blizzard previously stated they try to avoid as much of the pve/pvp specific abilities as much as possible, and certainly tried to limit where an ability would function differently between the two.
    I just see it as bad design where our new core mechanic, the flavour cooldown of the class is going to be focused primarily around only half of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yagamoth View Post
    Doesn't Conflagrate scale with the dot component of Immolate?

Thinking about Succubus - in the world we know so far, it won't have much use. But everything may change (I hope for some weird hybrid spec ^^)
    Demon soul for fh only affects shadow dots, not fire dot. But come to think of it, it should just be periodic damage. Limiting us to play just because of a certain spell is bad design IMO.

If they can't make it so stuff isn't specific to either PVE or PVP, I was at least hoping to have Succa and VW for pvp and the rest for PvE, as a Destruction lock using felhunter with this aint that useful since it's just shadow dots.
    Last edited by Kromus!; 2010-07-03 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Spell

It's pretty easy to find a niche for the demons. They just don't have to force them to be jack of all trades. It's simple, I don't know why blizz is trying to bang their head with this.

Imp - destro pve
    Void - tanking and anti melee pet; for solo pve questing
    Succy - anti melee pvp pet
    Felhunter - pve and anti caster pvp pet
    Felguard - they just need to buff this pet to stop being useless in pvp.

---------- Post added 2010-07-03 at 11:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Yep they do, heres a screenshot i just took: http://imgur.com/5ahYZ.jpg
    OT:
    Good. Now affliction pvp looks better and better!!! We can now pvp as locks without having to suck with non-scaling spells. Like it or not, we are going to pvp as shadowpriests. Unless shadowbolt gets a 1.5 second cast time, it will never be used outside of shadow trance.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarfree View Post

Imp - destro pve
    Void - tanking and anti melee pet; for solo pve questing
    Succy - anti melee pvp pet
    Felhunter - pve and anti caster pvp pet
    Felguard - they just need to buff this pet to stop being useless in pvp.

---------- Post added 2010-07-03 at 11:47 AM ----------

Agreed. I'm hoping maybe they'll implement a "Soul Burn Sacrifice" for those who use a VW for the sac in pvp, other than that the demon soul looks great. The succubus one is complete shit though, especially considering they are giving her typhoon and blatantly making her a pvp pet, yet has a lolshadowbolt demon soul.

Blizzard has spent all this time making the demons more adaptable in pvp instead of just having the felhunter out all the time. The VW has its sacrifice and the succubus is getting a knockback.

A pvp affliction lock might want to bring out the succubus for the knockback ability instead of a felhunter on a melee heavy team. Oh, wait, if he brings out the succubus his demon soul ability is useless.

Same with the VW, why make its sacrifice pvp viable then turn around and make its demon soul effect useless in pvp?

Succubus's demon soul talent should be removing seduction from the DR for 20 seconds.

The VW talent could be intiate vw sacrifce, and any damage done to the shield heals the lock for an equal amount over the next 10 seconds.