Thread: Troll Druids

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Panoramixe View Post
    People have to remember they'll look very different in-game, compared to a black background. But even if they do glow in the dark in the game as well, it's still unique and fun. Just don't roll a troll druid if you don't like fun.

And on the note of "they look too similar to x!". Well duh they're all cats/bears and have been taught by other druids so influences are only natural.
    Cat eyes already glow in the dark, albeit just a little. Most people don't notice it. The problem with Worgen eyes is that they don't just glow, they emit light. If you put a batman-logo on their eyes you could summon him with the bat-sign on the clouds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omen321 View Post
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximen View Post
    Warriors will dead...

So you're making an argument that they are indeed the definition of awesome?
    (Who votes for "summon batman" racial?)

Anyone else thinking that blizzard kinda reinvented this fanart troll druid?

imo the troll/worgen forms are really lame, instead of making a cool new model they just used the "new" tauren/ne forms and changed the hair/horn/decoration stuff :X

i hope there will be a new moonkin and tree form for all races, looking exactly the same in raids for about 5 years is really boring

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to admit the troll druid do look pretty cool. Well not that clown looking one but overall I'm happy with it. Now I wanna see Tree and Lazor Chicken
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphk View Post
    haha. I never even though of that.

But yeah, the only complaints that I've seen since the Alpha leak of the Troll forms is that the colors are a little bit exotic. However, from a design viewpoint, the colors have more overall synergy than most other Druid forms.

It has me second guessing switching factions to play a Worgen Druid.

To me, the Worgen Druid models looked un-inspired, and looked very similar to the NE model only they added a little armor & made the face ferociously plain. In which, I don't understand how they took a race that was a beast to begin with & gave its Druid models more personality than the other Druid models. To me, the eyes are no where near what you'd expect them to look like for a Worgen shifting into a Bear or Cat. All the other models imply that a Tauren, Night Elf, or Troll shift into an animal & take on a more primal, animalistic personality cause you see less overall personality in the eyes. Worgen look like they've got way too much personality.
    I think making them look less "primal" as you said was intentional, because think about it, these guys just learned how to control their animalistic/primal nature (somewhat) so the fact that they could control it in their worgen form leads you to believe they could control themselves and be less primal in their other druid forms. just my 2c

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally think the troll druids look like a two year old designed their skins.

The worgen forms are somewhat growing on me. The tusks on the troll versions are a little too ridiculous. It looks like they tried to eat a troll and found out too late they couldn't swallow the tusks.

For those who haven't seen screenshots of these forms IN-GAME, please check out Lissana's Blog. They look much much better in-game with the colors blending with the environment's hues.

I love the troll forms. They are different, whereas NE + Tauren look pretty much the same and boring.. same with the new worgen forms.
    The troll forms add abit of colour, uniqueness and fun to being a druid.
    Definately a race change incoming for my druid.

Deleted
    The question is, are trolls/worgen getting new moonkin forms? If so, does anyone know how they look?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphk View Post
    haha. I never even though of that.

But yeah, the only complaints that I've seen since the Alpha leak of the Troll forms is that the colors are a little bit exotic. However, from a design viewpoint, the colors have more overall synergy than most other Druid forms.

It has me second guessing switching factions to play a Worgen Druid.

To me, the Worgen Druid models looked un-inspired, and looked very similar to the NE model only they added a little armor & made the face ferociously plain. In which, I don't understand how they took a race that was a beast to begin with & gave its Druid models more personality than the other Druid models. To me, the eyes are no where near what you'd expect them to look like for a Worgen shifting into a Bear or Cat. All the other models imply that a Tauren, Night Elf, or Troll shift into an animal & take on a more primal, animalistic personality cause you see less overall personality in the eyes. Worgen look like they've got way too much personality.
    ^this, and tauren dr00ds ftw

I'm cool with the adaptive skin tone and all but I think they went a bit overboard with the colors on Bear Form. The tusks look a little awkward as well and the hair looks very bright but I don't think would be a problem once in-game though. Hopefully they'll fine-tune it more by release. :O
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirsimeon
    Those are raptors. Raptors are not fish.
    Get out of the water, raptor. You can not breathe there.

Quote Originally Posted by Qamar View Post
    For those who haven't seen screenshots of these forms IN-GAME, please check out Lissana's Blog. They look much much better in-game with the colors blending with the environment's hues.
    Thanks for the link!

It does make the forms look more natural but... I don't know, I still don't like them.

Cat and bear forms are supposed to look "feral" and menacing, and thumbs up for the worgen ones! The troll form however.... what I think of when looking at the green bear is that it looks like a clown. Plain and simple.

Night Elf, Tauren and Worgen forms look someonewhat "natural" with just slight jewelry/horns/color hue to indicate they belong the given race. Troll forms, however, are way overboard, to the point when I don't see any connection to nature at all. Circus or graffiti comes to mind, though.

I looked at those pics on Lissana's Blog... and I still think the troll druid forms look like something made by a 3 year old with a bunch of crayons.
    Absolutely horrible.

Worgens look ok, though the eyes are a little bit over the top too.

Troll druids will be overpower in cataclysm :P every time i ll see a troll to attack me in bear or cat form i will start laughing and i will be unable to attack so they will kill me and cc me instantly :P

beta guys, it's a BETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    How do you think these shit models could be definitive ?! -_-'

Quote Originally Posted by feral View Post
    beta guys, it's a BETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    How do you think these shit models could be definitive ?! -_-'
    Opinions are not the same as fact. I doubt you'll see huge changes on these forms, except for perhaps a few coloring changes (but I hope not.)

Personally I love these. They're different and that's not really a problem. If you don't like them, fine, just roll one of the other 3 races. You have choice now; so let us keep some uniqueness.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the troll forms look pew and fun! Im going to change my tauren druid into a troll 4sure... even tho its a char that has been since vanilla and still doesnt have even "shave and haircut" - achievement :P

I would love to see a Shroomkin that would be coloured like the owlbeasts in hinterlands rofl!

maybe a stupid question but is the fur colour going to change according to troll hair colour.. or will your skin colour define your base fur colour of each form...

must be the hair but i just want to be sure

All four new forms look like existing forms with fangs/armor just tacked onto the model and a spraypaint. The colors are exotic, which I like (given that trolls are known for their vibrant skin and hair colors), but the models just look... cliche.

I'll give an opinion when I see the chicken models...
    <Hell> is now recruiting!!! ~ <Hell> Recruitment Thread

Armory