Thread: Troll Druids

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I want to see the Boomchicken modules that going to greatly help me pick to either stay ally or go horde lol

Quote Originally Posted by feral View Post
    beta guys, it's a BETAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    How do you think these shit models could be definitive ?! -_-'
    Funny thing, many people said the same about the current feral forms when they were on PTR back then... and guess what? They didn't change in looks at all when patched in.

One word best used to describe the design of the trolls forms: Pathetic...
    In life pain is mandatory; Suffering however, is optional...
    Source: Naruto

What a LOT of you failed to realize is that this isn't new. Go ahead, make a troll. You'll see that the face paint is different from the hair color, which ties in with the druid form color schemes. The hair troll colors haven't changed over the years; still bright and colorful. As dramatic as you might think these forms look, i've seen them on beta, and they look great. its not a design flaw of the form color schemes. If you want to blame blizzard for anything, blame it for making trolls unique enough to clash colors to give them their... troll-ness (or your eyes for seeing no connection between a troll with tusks and bright blue hair and green facepaint looks different from the picture given from Lissana's blog)
    Putting tusks and horns on bears and cats make the horde unique (and superior to the alliance) in itself.
    its a lot more unique and shows much more of the races' traits than big ears and armor (if your bear needs gloves, you're doing it wrong).
    These colors don't clash as much as you'd like to think. Most of you haters are alliance druids who go into looking at these forms knowing you ALREADY hate the horde and the trolls with them. I went into looking at the worgen forms thinking "eh, i'll give em a shot"
    They looked like there was something in their eye (tear from being so ugly?). Doesn't help that night elf bears are holding back sneezes 24/7.
    Yeah, we have beard braids and mohawks;
    but you guys stole our manes (more like an ugly version) and tried to pull off mutton chops.
    get real guys.
    But on a nicer note, I'm excited to see the mookin and flight form. the more tusks the merrier.
    Last edited by csiple2; 2010-08-29 at 06:48 AM.

look at a trolls face paint and hair color and ask yourself if it's really so wacky and silly to have matching animal form colors. i was hoping they would make the troll models like zul'aman bosses. dragonhawk flight form maybe? Amani war bear feral? jk jk... mount whores would shit themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulus View Post
    All four new forms look like existing forms with fangs/armor just tacked onto the model and a spraypaint. The colors are exotic, which I like (given that trolls are known for their vibrant skin and hair colors), but the models just look... cliche.
    They're cats and bears...
    How is that cliche?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wherever there are gnomes that havent been eaten yet.
    they look bad-to-the-ass to the 100th power! its making me roll a troll druid just to be a white tiger with a mohawk!
    <Insert something witty and humorous here>

only thing i don't like is the little bits of clothing on the new forms. worgen transform and grow gloves and colors, and trolls get a little utility belt or something.
    i actually really like the troll forms, but i think that the cat and bear colors should match up.

Personally I think the forms look great; they look a little crazy on paper but they work in game pretty nicely.

On Beta I'm leveling a Troll Druid from scratch; she's 42 right now. The vast majority of players I ran into in Durotar were Troll Druids and at level 42 the majority of players I encounter while leveling are also Troll Druids. I don't know if this trend will carry over to live, but no other race/class combination has been remotely as popular on Beta for leveling (although it's hard to tell with these last few weeks without Goblins).

i think they are very fitting as the troll druid form. i just cant wait to see what they do for moonkin and tree form!

They look fine, but i think they could have been better. :| *waiting for moonkin form*

10+ Year Old Account
    :O i'm going to roll a troll druid, the pics are AWSOME
    when i die ... i won't drop any loot mwhahahaha

I think as-is right now none of the forms are totally unplayable, but I think if they're going to go with such bright colors for Trolls they need to go all the way. Either give us neons or revert to more natural colors, cuz the ones they're using currently are fairly neutral or grey versions of the brighter colors, which makes some of the colors just look faded or sickly.
    The Worgen forms I think look great, I was very curious as to what they'd do to make a "dog" look like a cat, but I think they succeeded in making them look like something a Worgen would turn into.
    The only problem I have with the Troll forms right now is that one cat in the upper corner, the stretching one? With those huge tusks it looks like its mouth is about to break in half. Looks great on the bears though.

They could use a little polishing before live obviously (like how the Troll bear looks just like the Night Elf bear but with tusks and more hair, need to soften where the textures meet to make it look like less of a shop job) but I wouldn't complain too much if they were released as they were now.

Deleted
    The Troll bear form is horrible. It's one of the few things on Internet that makes me hateful. Atleast this gives us a new WoW related insult...

Person 1: Your mom is like a Blood Elf death knight lvl 55!

Person 2: Your mom looks like a Troll in cat/bear form.

Public: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
    Last edited by mmocfcdfd48e5e; 2010-08-29 at 05:03 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a long-time troll fan, I won't lie, I didn't like the forms at first. But the more I looked at them the more they grew on me and I realized how fitting they were.

Now if only we could see the moonkin form.
    "Whether the world's greatest gnats, or the world's greatest heroes, you are still only mortal."
    "You fear that which you cannot control. But can you control your fear?"

I like the fact that troll forms look completely different from the other races. Not a huge fan of the colors, but at least they're different.

Worgens, on the other hand..... are kinda dull. They remind me too much of the Tauren forms.

What I'm really interested in seeing are the flight forms. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see different moonkin forms(since they're not quite as race-specific as other forms), though.

I'm jealous that my bear can't have claws over my claws.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkey View Post
    He doesn't want to go to Northrend. He doesn't have coldweather flying.

my only complaint with the troll forms is their eyes; Give them normal (that is, troll-appropriate non-glow) eyes...Blizzard really loves the eye-glow effect.

---------- Post added 2010-08-30 at 02:34 PM ----------

also, they need to fix the bear-tail model issue (the issue where the tail folds in on itself and appears to be scooping out the bear's anus)(edit: and here's a video that captures it! youtube.com/watch?v=WYEhJKUekD4)

yeah
    Last edited by banister; 2010-10-08 at 01:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, by in my opinion those Troll forms look retarded. The hair is so bright and just doesn't seem to fit the rest of the model. It really looks like the NE cat with some quickly done MS paint tusks, stripes and hair done. It's looks like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    It's looks like crap.
    heh