Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    It takes a team to pvp, but it takes one to QQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    I'd tell ya, but that might make me sporadically talk erroneously about, maybe, the post. Particularly with venn diagrams Promoting, but is tthis or that kantian essentially enough given the total picture? QQ.
    My respect for you just got raised ever so slightly

Edit: Just thought of something I'd like to be explained. What will be Fire's Single target rotation in PvE come 4.0.1? I've got a fairly good idea, but I've seen a few contradicting ideas being thrown around. Just a simple explanation would be fantastic.

Edit2: The rotation I'm think of is LB (Keeping it up > Apply Critical Mass via Scorch > FB spam (Fishing for Hot Streak) > Pyro when HS procs. Adding Combustion in when it's most beneficial.
    Last edited by Sym; 2010-10-12 at 01:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Scorch while moving-->Living Bomb (so the first tick benefits from the 5% crit)-->FFBx3-->fireball/FFB (depending on gear)-->if using fireball: refresh FFB DoT every 7 seconds-->if using FFB: fish for Hot Streak-->Pyroblast/Living Bomb/Ignite/FFBx3 all on target: Combustion

Repeat as necessary.
    BfA Beta Time

Scorch while moving-->Living Bomb (so the first tick benefits from the 5% crit)-->FFBx3-->fireball/FFB (depending on gear)-->if using fireball: refresh FFB DoT every 7 seconds-->if using FFB: fish for Hot Streak-->Pyroblast/Living Bomb/Ignite/FFBx3 all on target: Combustion

Repeat as necessary.
    I'd completely forgotten about FFB

15+ Year Old Account
    Depending on how your guild pulls, you can also open with a Pyroblast, pre-casted before the pull of course, to get the DoT rolling quickly.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on how your guild pulls, you can also open with a Pyroblast, pre-casted before the pull of course, to get the DoT rolling quickly.
    also gets critical mass on w/o the need to scorch, which is nice.

noob question, how do you know whether to spam ffb or fb?

Deleted
    Some rotation for 32/6/3 or 6/3/31 ?

Tx.
    Last edited by mmoc0f8f93cc7c; 2010-10-14 at 09:39 AM.

So they are buffing us in the beta, then nerfing us in live and then nerfing us on the beta, since the dps on live is too high because of the first beta buff. All of this in around 3 weeks.
    No comment...
    Last edited by haxartus; 2010-10-16 at 03:12 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    So they are buffing us in the beta, then nerfing us in live and then nerfing us on the beta, since the dps on live is too high because of the first beta buff. All of this in around 3 weeks.
    No comment...
    Those beta "nerfs" are just the hot fixes to live. If the numbers they get from the DPS tests on beta are low, they can go +15% to mage masteries and we call it a day. Mastery is sooooo easy to balance that I'm glad it's the only thing they changed.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    No comment...
    I heard once they make a change they can never, ever change it back.

OT: Depending on crit levels, would it be better to use Mage Armor over Molten Armor at 85? Or will the mana pools/regen with MoE and buffs make Mage Armor unnecessary?

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Waiting on beta raid testing to show what classes can do. Not making any judgements before then. Hell, probably won't make judgements for level 85 till December 9th.
    BfA Beta Time

Just did both the bosses on beta with a random pug as fire spec. My dps in full heroic gear gem/enchanted was around 14/15k until i would run out of mana. Mana seemed to be a really bad issue even when timing mana gems/evo's and standing in the mana regen circle on the ground for the first boss we did. The fights were a lot longer than I was expecting them to be as well. The second boss was very under-tuned and we one shot it, but I was still having mana issues.

Logs from Vodka:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/nmrke...um/damageDone/
    Last edited by DeathDefier; 2010-10-17 at 11:59 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So I have a couple of quick questions that I felt didn't deserve there own thread.

Has there been a reason stated for the continued existence of Burning Soul?

Is it true that the pushback reduction granted by this talent is something only mages have to put points into? (That is to say all other casting classes have a "built in" pushback reduction?)

Having loved most of the changes to mages for cataclysm, this isn't a design choice I understand. Any one have any answers any of these questions? Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    No and Yes.
    BfA Beta Time

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    No and Yes.
    Lame....and lame...

Thanks for the answers.

This late in the game I'm beginning to doubt they'll change that for a while. Oh well.