Thread: Hunter or Lock?

Hunter or Lock?

so i got my hunter to 80 couple months ago and i really like it its become my main pvp toon, sence release ive been casters, i was a mage all of vanilla and for the first 1/4 of BC then i lvld a lock and its been my main ever sence but im considering a switch with cata to my hunter full time.

just lookin for some insight, all u guys really like hunters? and if anyone has played a lock as well do you enjoy it more?

10+ Year Old Account
    They are just two completely different play styles, it is really up to you as to what you prefer.

If you really are seriously asking this question... stay Warlock.

Personally I played a Mage, Lock, and then Hunter in BC, and they were all pretty fun. Of course at that point a Lock was basically Shadowbolt Spam (destro), Hunter basically Steady Spam (BM). It's really about playstyle, all classes have changed quite a bit in Wrath, you have to be a lot more aware of procs, and things tend to be a priority system rather than a set rotation.

It looks like things (especially for hunters) are changing a lot in Cata, so at this point it's hard to say exactly how the playstyle will be affected.

Personally I like the tools in a hunters arsenal and the utility that we have, I tend to think hunters are one of the more unique classes in the game, and when I decided that I didn't feel like maintaining multiple alts I went with my hunter.
    Last edited by Rasseim; 2010-07-01 at 06:07 PM. Reason: spelling

15+ Year Old Account
    In the cookie jar. Stay The F*ck Away From It.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasseim View Post
    Personally I like the tools in a hunters arsenal and the utility that we have, I tend to think hunters are one of the more unique classes in the game, and when I decided that I didn't feel like maintaining multiple alts I went with my hunter.
    I agree with him^^ hunters are unique while warlocks are more of a ripp off of mages, though they rock aswell(play a lock aswell). The choice is up to you, maybe it helps to say that i went hunter after my lock and never looked back, certainly with the Cata changes coming up im thrilled.

Gl on whatever you choose, and you can always switch

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually in the same state. If Demo is still fun/competitive in Cata I'm going lock.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.