Focus? Good or bad..

Personally, my thoughts on it are horrible. I like the class for how many instants it has for PvP, and how you always have something to be doing in PvE.. With focus, both will be horrendous. Focus feels like hunters are getting nerfed again, making me unwilling to level one for cata..

It's just a change and honestly, it doesn't seem as bas as I thought, quiet good actually... Where is my beta invite!? I want to test it!

After roaming around I come across the new aimed shot. Something I didn't predict in my old alpha shot rotation. Anyway, aimed shot is at a 2.5 sec cast now.

With aspect of Fox we can kite and move a little more. BM will probably return to its previous glory. Especially because the BM movement speed upgrades are now useful and you can kite shit to death once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfessdeath View Post
    Personally, my thoughts on it are horrible. I like the class for how many instants it has for PvP, and how you always have something to be doing in PvE.. With focus, both will be horrendous. Focus feels like hunters are getting nerfed again, making me unwilling to level one for cata..
    I stopped playing my Hunter in PvP about 6 mths ago, Why, well one day me and some friends thought It was a good idea to do some 3v3, It was me a Hunter(Me) a Enh. Sham and a Tree vs a Tree,Disc Priest and a ele sham in Blades Edge arena, anyways Long story short, the first thing that the other team did was rush the top island type platform, all 3 of them and as we plot I get rooted by there tree, after a sec I see I'm being mana burn spammed by the priest and within 6 secs I was OOM. I mean OOM.
    After that lose I said to myself being mana burned by a mana using macic casting healer while I'm a pysical damage class is just broke and from there on I truly saw that Hunters having mana was unintended and was only tacked on the hunter class because Blizzard was pressed for time as Hunters where the last class the made, all I can say is It's about god dam time hunter are off the Juice...Blizzard took Hunters off a magic class system sounds right to me, mana is for those that can heal IMO or Hybrds

Mana you will not be misses.

10+ Year Old Account
    @Warjin: LoL, while kind of hard to read...I completely agree with you.
    Mana was not intended for hunters, but it took forever for blizz to put the original plan in action.

If you do the basic math for focus regen (and even when not including haste benefits since I haven't found the conversion rate yet,) it will be quite possible/probable to regen enough focus to maintain nearly the exact same rotations/priorities that we do now, just without the possibility of becoming useless (OOM) and our dps will be more time-sensitive (waiting too long to do something will result in wasted focus = lost dps.) Overall, I'm liking what I'm seeing with the focus system, but I reeeeeealllly want to know how much haste will affect regen.

This seemed to be fairly true the last time I was in there, although the damage on attacks at the time wasn't quite right. Since all the arp on gear was changed to haste at the time, steady shot was like a .2something second cast as well so it wasn't as bad as I had initially expected. With such a quick cast time, you can do stutter step movements like usual and still pretty much follow rotation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly i can say at first i was against focus really really hated it, really you say? yes really so much i contemplated not having my main as my hunter, but after reading all the talents and changes i think its going to be alright. Just think about it with survival thrill of the hunt, instead of regenerating mana its focus, now thats a shit ton of focus just from that alone. With marks rapid fire is changing to regenerating focus every 2 seconds instead of mana, also with the marks rotation 4 steadies are fired meaning what full focus at the time of having to use chimera again? ok rotations might change a bit but i think its looking good.
    All in all it CANT be that bad (maybe to start with as its a new change and may take a patch before its all perfect) hunters are after all a pure dps class and blizzard arnt going to go "hmmm we are bored, i know lets completely fuck up hunters!" they will keep us close/ahead at some stages as the others and will hopefully make survival the best again (not that anyone else cares just that i really like the spec ).

10+ Year Old Account
    I am waiting for my beta invite so i can actually test it out. But the way i see it, one of two things will happen when cata ships. Either we will be like dks and be rediculously overpowered the first couple months, or the energy costs and regen will be completely off, and we will suck ass for a couple months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry_David
    "from injustise comes justise"

-huangzhong9

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huangzhong9 View Post
    I am waiting for my beta invite so i can actually test it out. But the way i see it, one of two things will happen when cata ships. Either we will be like dks and be rediculously overpowered the first couple months, or the energy costs and regen will be completely off, and we will suck ass for a couple months.
    Or Blizzard might actually do a pretty decent job and we will come out in a pretty decent fashion. It doesn't have to be extremely bad or extremely good ya know.

Looking at the current information, I believe we are in a pretty good spot as far as the focus regen game is going to go. I am interested in seeing how they will adjust things as the patches continue to roll out though. Maybe I will get lucky and get into beta so I can experience the changes first hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality.
    Good or bad? It's a gift from my Mexican neighbor, Jesus.

Focus > Mana

If Focus is even remotely close to Rogues energy regen Hunters are better off with focus than mana.