Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Moonguard Goldshire (The real issue)

Recently I've been seeing alot of blue posts, and youtube videos about the about the happenings in Moonguard Goldshire. If you didnt know this is a place for ERP or Erotic Roleplaying. The issue is many of female gamers have had their feelings hurt by stopping by and seeing things such as Dranei Strippers and Inter-faction loving. Now you know that this is the work of a bunch of kids with too much time on their hands. But is it a breach of the user agreement? I dont think there is any harassment taking place here, people go to this area for the ERP, you can avoid it if you want. If there is a clause in the contract that I missed please tell me. Otherwise I am going to continue to laugh at this kind of behavior, and laugh even harder at people who are banning together to protest against Moonguard Goldshire.

Deleted
    Why do female gamers have a problem with it ?

Not to burst their bubble, but a lot of girl gamers do ERP too. (But be carefull guys : it's often a trap !)

As long as it's not happening in a place I can't avoid I don't care.

As a female gamer I find this overgeneralization more offensive than anything that could possibly go on on Moon Guard. The implication is we get butthurt over ERP? Really? Personally I find the RP on Moon Guard to be a hoot, I have several alts there that I hop on when I'm bored and troll people or just hang out and see what weird stuff people get into.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post

Not to burst their bubble, but a lot of girl gamers do ERP too. (But be carefull guys : it's often a trap !)

As long as it's not happening in a place I can't avoid I don't care.
    My question is, is this behavior a violation of EULA?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any EU realm with the same activity? Kinda curious

Deleted
    wow OP sounds like a travel agent...

"if you long for ERP, Dranei Strippers and Inter-faction loving then get over to Moonguard Goldshire for all your ERP needs today!

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    I think the OP may have ERP (which is, at worst, /facepalm-worthy, such as if they're doing it out in public) confused with straight-up creepy behavior?

Well Blizzard has started suspending/banning accounts for this, maybe I should have brought that up in the OP.

I guess this comes down to whether ERP fits into Blizzards definition of Role Playing in any sense. It's safe to say that perhaps they never thought people would take up the erotic variation of it, or just hoped they wouldn't I can see how they might let this carry on if it didn't offend people. But the fact remains that they don't explicitly state it anywhere as being the norm, and because of that if someone reports it they have to act on it and make a case by case judgement.

You do realize I find goldshire to be incredibly hilarious! I love how strange it is. How it happened is anyones guess.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    You do realize I find goldshire to be incredibly hilarious! I love how strange it is. How it happened is anyones guess.
    It's just so wrong in many levels however, It's like a comedy show if you can keep your sanity from being in their.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ica View Post
    Is there any EU realm with the same activity? Kinda curious

...ever been to Argent Dawn???

Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    My question is, is this behavior a violation of EULA?
    No, not if it is kept to whispers or consenting party chat. Say, Yell or general chats it is against the ToS.

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if this type of behavior DOES fall under explicitly sexual/violent behavior in the EULA. Yes, you can RP, in fact, I believe you have to on RP servers because you can get reported if you don't RP and "break the atmosphere of role playing" but there are probably boundaries to what is considered appropriate RP. Personally, I couldn't care less what kind of strange cyborz people get into, I will not report anyone for this unless they are harassing unwilling people. They should've probably made RP servers 16+ or 18+ and revoke certain behavior/language restrictions that are in place to protect the childrunz.

There really isn't a problem. You have the choice of doing it or not. Since you understand what is happening there you can easily block it. Even if you didn't know the occurrences there, you could easily block it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcatraz_ View Post
    It's just so wrong in many levels however, It's like a comedy show if you can keep your sanity from being in their.
    I guess. But still at least moonguard has RP. Not just erp. I mean a good serious RP community. Outside goldshire of course. Ive even seen people randomly rping in open world. It quite nice to find a server that has an RPing community such as this.
    (Still the fact that the erp is real makes me laugh) I mean Its just a game and they do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    ...ever been to Argent Dawn???
    I have a character there, and whilst AD is pretty busy, I would say it's perhaps not as severe as Moonguard

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Ive even seen people randomly rping in open world.
    Like the random naked toon in the middle of nowhere who whispers to you as you ride by "You've seen nothing, human"?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanotech View Post
    Like the random naked toon in the middle of nowhere who whispers to you as you ride by "You've seen nothing, human"?
    No ....not that kind. -.-

Goldshire can be avoided entirely. Human players can level elsewhere and everyone else can just avoid the place in general.

If it's happening in other areas then hopefully it's in a place that isn't too public, and no, Goldshire isn't public enough for Moonguard since we all know that it's there, can't whine when it happens on a regular aka constant basis.

Also, the ERP'ers can keep it in whispers and party chats, those that don't, sure, report them if you can't handle it.

Otherwise... Just let them do their thing if they so desire and avoid them.