Thread: Frost Mage

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frost Mage

hahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahaha.

this is the equivalent of a season 5 DK, or ret paladin, it will be totally ridiculous.

again

ahahaahahahahahahahahaahahaahaha
    Even my horse has a Celestial Steed.
    http://imgur.com/kIg56.png

QQ moar
    As always, apparently the one thing you can do in a duel that isn't cheating... is lose.

OP played a DK to challenger in s5, now he is pissed.

seriously, grow up.

Deleted
    Because PvP will be exactly the same it is now only with the new talents and skills, and because classes won't synergize differently causing different comps and different counters to exist.

Also, you suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloobyz View Post
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahaha.

this is the equivalent of a season 5 DK, or ret paladin, it will be totally ridiculous.

again

ahahaahahahahahahahahaahahaahaha
    exactly my thoughts... mages will be op as hell in cata >.<

i admit Time Warp sounds ridiculous. 30% more movement speed? for 40~ seconds? the other stuff is at least redundant.

i wish they had come up with something more unique with Frost Curtain or changed Blizzard to something more like that, and gave us a different new ability. i already do what Frost Curtain can do using Imp Blizzard. granted its not as easy/good as Frost Curtain but it just seems sort of redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    i admit Time Warp sounds ridiculous. 30% more movement speed? for 40~ seconds? the other stuff is at least redundant.

i wish they had come up with something more unique with Frost Curtain or changed Blizzard to something more like that, and gave us a different new ability. i already do what Frost Curtain can do using Imp Blizzard. granted its not as easy/good as Frost Curtain but it just seems sort of redundant.
    No you don't. If the concept continues, Frost curtain will be very good for PvP. It is completely different from Blizzard. Blizzard requires you to channel it, costs a crap load of mana. F. Curtain is like a cast and forget spell (for x seconds), you then can go to one side of the curtain while the oponents try to get to you through a big freeze trap. Hell yeah
    As always, apparently the one thing you can do in a duel that isn't cheating... is lose.

Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    No you don't. If the concept continues, Frost curtain will be very good for PvP. It is completely different from Blizzard. Blizzard requires you to channel it, costs a crap load of mana. F. Curtain is like a cast and forget spell (for x seconds), you then can go to one side of the curtain while the oponents try to get to you through a big freeze trap. Hell yeah
    i'm not saying its bad, i'm just saying its not very unique. i understand blizzard has major drawbacks currently but it wasn't initially designed to be like frost curtain, altho it can currently be used similarly. obviously frost curtain will be more specific to slow people down, and better/easier at it, and i'm sure the range will be nerfed, but i'm just not that impressed by it. meh.

Deleted
    On paper other classes looks way, way worse imo. Demolocks for example.
    Autohasted/critting dots and banes. Spamable, no cd instant which currently looks like it does more dmg then Arcane Barrage. Metamorph granting a 20% dmg boost, which btw, will be boosted even further fom masteries. Demon Soul to boost dmg and haste even futher. A felguard pounding away. Tripple instant Soulfires.
    I dont really get the tunnel vision on Mages. Omg they are getting abillitys and new talents like the rest of the classes! They are allso getting their Frostbolts nerfed, and Shatter gutted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by verdamte View Post
    On paper other classes looks way, way worse imo. Demolocks for example.
    Autohasted/critting dots and banes. Spamable, no cd instant which currently looks like it does more dmg then Arcane Barrage. Metamorph granting a 20% dmg boost, which btw, will be boosted even further fom masteries. Demon Soul to boost dmg and haste even futher. A felguard pounding away. Tripple instant Soulfires.
    I dont really get the tunnel vision on Mages. Omg they are getting abillitys and new talents like the rest of the classes! They are allso getting their Frostbolts nerfed, and Shatter gutted.
    frostbolt got buffed as did shatter. trying to see how they got gutted here.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    frostbolt got buffed as did shatter. trying to see how they got gutted here.
    Having trouble figuring out how 15% is more than 50%.

Deleted
    Frostbolts coeffecient are beeing nerfed - 2.5/3.5. - 15% dmg > 50% critchance?

15+ Year Old Account
    guessing people don't keep up with changes here.

shatter:
    doubles critical strike chance against frozen targets. (rank 1)
    triples critical strike chance against frozen targets. (rank 2)

so let's see...34% crit+50% crit=84% crit OR 34% crit x 3= 102% crit.

yup, clearly a nerf.

also, even though frostbolts coefficient may have been lowered (haven't heard this since the spell still shows up as a 3.0 second base cast time for me, with 2.3 being the talented time), it now gains many more buffer talents than it did prior, making the overall effect equal.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    lol "keep up with changes" that blue went in more or less while i was writing above. Gj there.
    Anyways- doubling critchance might end up beeing a nerf in pvp, and a buff in pve - we will se when then the patch actually are getting played.

15+ Year Old Account
    it was posted well before what you posted, well before so that really isn't an out for you. it is not doubling, it is tripling, making 33.34% crit the effective crit cap, in both PvE and PvP.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Im aware of it, blue;- http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...3&sid=2000#251

If you have 5-15% crit on your paperdoll at lvl 85 it will be a nerf(thats how i read it anyways). On the other hand, with raidbufs and pve gear - it will most likely be a buff.
    A point here could be that talents/skills changes by the day, and that "stuff" which looks good on paper, like for example Demolock`s repetoir or the Frostmages which the op is laughing at, might end up looking different next time GC makes a post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerf Plox

why i dont see people complaining about the fact that every healer can dispel freeze now? =,(

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmg View Post
    why i dont see people complaining about the fact that every healer can dispel freeze now? =,(
    Because ppl are currently tunnelvisioned into Frost Mage changes.

There have been zero whining about DK`s critting Obliterate for 25k and froststrikes at 20k - as lvl 80, on the test realms. That 2handers will more then double in dmg(gap from Shadowmoune to first craftable epic), and strikes of different varity currently range from ~100% wepon dmg to 200% - plus fixed amounts.

No one bother to mention that Warlocks gets a spamable Icelance equalant.

That Hunters gets to autoshoot while running.

That feral gets double up dmg on Ravage - which can be used on demand out of stealth.
    Instead ppl are tunneling in on Sheep stun and Arctic winds ( which clearly are placeholder). Offcourse the wind will change when ppl first gets to test pvp at 85 and write home about it. If Frostmages still are deemed op at that point i can se reason to complain. But currently, with placeholder abillitys which changes by the day - and the variaty of OP abillitys acrosss the classes, i dont realy se the point in calling any particular class op.
    Last edited by mmoc20f115c1ec; 2010-07-02 at 10:47 AM.