15+ Year Old Account

Engineering "gems" ??

While browsing the item database I found these items:

http://db.mmo-champion.com/search/all/Hydraulic/
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/search/al...heel/#tab=item

Looks interesting, wonder what they are used for

Really interesting :S New meta like socket maybe? :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, maybe some kind of fusion BS additional sockets & JC special gems (eg. you can make 2-3 new sockets and put that parts inside)

Sockets on trinkets for engineers only would be my bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyal View Post
    sound awesome for me ;D

Deleted
    Let's pray to the gods it's something i can sell, i'm getting bored of selling iceblade arrows and earning mediocre ammounts of money while every asshole with JC makes a week's profit for me in an hour.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marojo60 View Post
    Let's pray to the gods it's something i can sell, i'm getting bored of selling iceblade arrows and earning mediocre ammounts of money while every asshole with JC makes a week's profit for me in an hour.
    i've got both. i should really increase my profit.
    Stormrage 4 lyfe

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    WANTWANTWANT...I don't care if I can sell them.. I just wanttt them
    Quote Originally Posted by TobiasX View Post
    Demonology Warlock = Beast Mastery Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Certin View Post
    Funny ... I've never seen a hunter transform into a huge ass gorilla and come and roflstomp ur ass.

Ooooh! Shiny!
    These look very interesting and exciting.

They are probably the profession 'bonus' for having high enough engineering. Right now, engineering gives a very different bonus than existing professions. Nitro boots? Parachutes? Bombs? Those are hard to balance around a flat stat increase. Engineering will probably allow you to add additional 'sockets' to your gear which will require these special 'gems' which is a mix of the JC bonus (Strong gems) and BS bonus (Adding sockets).

Just my 2 cents though.

Im guessing they're for the new engineering helms. From what I've seen it only has 2 of the main stats (strength/int/agil/stam) and 3 sockets. (Meta blue. yellow).

I think the yellow and the blue sockets are placeholders for the cogwheel socket and the hydraulic socket.(So you can use the 2 different kind of 'gems' to modify your stat)

They're doing this because they want the engineering only helms to be attractive to all classes (another guess :P)

EDIT: To clarify, the engineering helms dont have any green stats(crit,hit,haste, etc) and with the 2 'gems' you would get to choose 2 stats.
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2010-07-02 at 09:04 PM.

I doubt they would go through all the trouble of designing a new mechanic simply for a craftable helm that will get outdated after the first teir. Unless they somehow plan to make it so we can "upgrade" our goggles then this seems like a waste of time. The 80 goggles were pointless to make because they were worse than iLvL 200 helms you could get in heroics.
    Quote Originally Posted by AWolf
    The first rule of Bolvar as Lich King is... You do not talk about Bolvar as Lich King.

Anyone else notice that on one of the gems it says, "hit strike raiting"?
    Think that's supposed to be critical strike rating of hit rating?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinaaja View Post
    "Imba"
    I literally want to Kitten Filled Hugs people in face and smack a Soft Swan-dive Pillow up their little bottoms when they use that word. It sounds just rather weird.

Fixed that for you. Please refrain from going a bit "too far" with your language.
    I love mods

how did you deduce sockets on trinkets?

Quote Originally Posted by Kubex View Post
    Its something Engineers have been asking for years. Which means it'll most likely never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubex View Post
    Because originally engineers were meant to be the proffesion for reforging trinkets. So trinkets is obviously our specialty.
    Bs already get to add new slots to armor pieces and JC's can put special gems in any slot. Enchanters can add stats to their rings, which leaves trinkets/necks as the last un-upgradeable slots.

Its quite possible these may also be neck gems for engineers, but trinket gems seems more fitting.

I can't see engineering getting a passive stat bonus like this, every other prof would pale in comparison.
    OR... they make either those "gems" or rocket boots etc. usable by everyone. This would actually be nice. Having something to sell as engieer and not beeing forced to level eng if you want to be competitive in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska View Post
    I can't see engineering getting a passive stat bonus like this, every other prof would pale in comparison.
    OR... they make either those "gems" or rocket boots etc. usable by everyone. This would actually be nice. Having something to sell as engieer and not beeing forced to level eng if you want to be competitive in pvp.
    Who's to say the other profs arent getting similar bonuses?

Who's to say the other profs arent getting similar bonuses?
    Because they already have them.
    other profs: passive stat bonus
    engi: gimmiks

whats the point in giving engi passive bonusses if you have to bosst those of others profs aswell? They might just keept it the way it is. (btw. passive stat bonusses for the other professions have already been published)

I hope I don't lose my rocket boots in exchange for these