To tank or not to tank, there's the question!

Hello everyone,

I've been playing WoW since day 1. I stopped playing for 1 year and came back like 3 months ago, for more casual play. My main is a healer and i've recently gotten my warrior alt to lvl 80. I've also gotten all the loot (except an amulet from ToC) that i can get in 5 man instances. I'm really enjoying tanking, and my question is really simple:

How the hell do i get the 540 def rating and what in god's name gear do i need to start raiding 10 man?

Reason i ask is simple: I've gotten into a ToC 10 raid this morning and it seems my gear was not good enough to tank the god damned 1st boss! How is this possible?!

Any insight would be much apreciated.

Since i can't post links yet, my character's name is Zolthar, from EU-Arathor server.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...hor&cn=Zolthar

Your neck, bracers and one ring doesn't provide any def rating, at the same time you miss the cloak enchant as well and a belt socket.
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

Get some more emblem gear: the neck for 19 EoC, the trinket for EoT, try to get the Black Heart from ToC5 normal...
    Also you might want to get the crafted Uldu belt and the crafted ToC bracers.

Deleted
    You currently need about 12-13 defense rating reach crit immunity. Enchant your back with defense and you're there. You don't need to, though, because you're currently immune through resilience on your gear.

About your gear, the trinket/neck for EoTs are very easy to obtain, crafting some ToC/Ulduar gear is/should be very cheap. Oh and farm ToC5 for the Black Heart, it's way better than Ick's Rotting Thumb. As you gain more gear, you'll get plenty of sockets which you can fill with defense/stam hybrids in order to stay capped.

... or I could've just quoted Bronto rather than typing it again.

I would expect a tank to have a hell of a time getting through Heroic Halls of Reflection in that gear, especially as a new to 80 tank. Grats on the wrist chopper. You might consider putting Mongoose or Blood Draining on it, though. Those are the two generally accepted tanking enchants; and it's unlikely that you're going to replace that thing unless you're tanking ICC 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Smigel View Post
    I would expect a tank to have a hell of a time getting through Heroic Halls of Reflection in that gear, especially as a new to 80 tank. Grats on the wrist chopper. You might consider putting Mongoose or Blood Draining on it, though. Those are the two generally accepted tanking enchants; and it's unlikely that you're going to replace that thing unless you're tanking ICC 10.
    Not sure i understand what u mean by "a hell of a time" "in that gear", but ill take it as a compliment!

Thanks everyone for the kind answers.

Regards