Thread: Riding Price

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freytor View Post
    Blizzard stated that they thought 5k for epic flying was a lot. Because of inflation, they will probably keep it at 5k, because it's a smaller relative amount.
    [troll] And it will also require an index finger, the hand of which it belongs depends on if you are either right or left handed. [/troll]
    I just finished leveling a warrior, I bought an epic flyer of the gold I earned while questing, UHU!

It seems like grandfathering in the people who already have a 310 is a little unfair to the rest, and I'm one of the people with a 310... I feel like this won't work... They won't nerf your 310s, but I still think you'll have to pay to get the rest to scale, even if you already have a 310...

Also, I feel like it'll be 5k for the 310 part, and as I understand it, flying in the old world doesn't require additional training, you should be able to mount up on your flier the second you log into Cata. Hopefully the underwater mounts are the same deal, or possibly just a 1k gold fee.

I suspect inflation to be fairly low next expansion. BC dailies were 11g, 99s until a few weeks before WotLK came out. and the WotLK ones are 13g, 22s or so. that's not too notable of an inflation.

if i could guess, inflation wise:
    super rare vanity mount similar to the trav tundra mammoth and motorcycle: 35,000 gold
    daily quest at level 85: 16g 76s

the epic flying skill was already nerfed to 4k at exalted with org/sw, i think that's as far as they'll go

if some new flying skill gets introduced like underwater mounts costing gold, i'd suspect maybe 1500g for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    The price should be, in my opinion at least 5k, it seems a bit strange to pay 5k for epic flying and then less to upgrade that epic flying (what will it be called, epic-epic flying?). I think 310% should be something you have to work for a little at least, not just a cheap upgrade everyone has it straight away. If they are not adding an extra tier of any rewards above 310% then there will be more than ample time to save up for it from doing quests/dailies.

Underwater mounts are free. You get one in a quest as you leave the first subzone of Vashj'ir. 280% increased speed underwater.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaiwyn View Post
    [s]
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    b. Mounts
    - Flying Mounts: now usable in the newly revamped Old World; Unknown at this time: if in all areas, if at all levels, if there will be an ‘unlocking’ requirement similar to Wrath
    - Underwater Mounts are coming!
    - Possibility of multi-passenger flying mounts!
    - Will be an underwater transport system manned by Gnomes and Goblins; Submarines as big as the ships in Icecrown
    - 310% training will be available; price/location unknown; will scale for all flying mounts once purchased! Unknown whether those with 310% fliers will be grandfathered in.
    Until they update the official FAQ, I don't think it is safe to assume anything.
    and you would be correct in that assumption they have already changed the unlocking and are just giving it to you when you get flying mounts or at 80 I believe.