Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    How much are quests giving on the first zone?
    and those 79 mobs u talked about are from non-cataclism dungeons am I correct? If it´s so then try the cataclism ones, will prolly give alot more.

Looks like quests are going to be even more important this time around if you actually want to get anywhere anytime soon.

I'm hoping that gets cut down a bit. Most of my time in WoW is spent leveling characters with my girlfriend, and she gets burnt out really easy. 1-80 is currently a bit too much for her.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

Quests in Vashj'ir give 27k for me atm with mob kills giving 3-4k

It's not that I don't enjoy the environment, its just doing the same boring quests quest after quest after quest.

Quote Originally Posted by AuthurDent View Post
    Current items stop at 80... oince you get to 85 you can grind out points to buy the new ones that work to 85.

While it was stated they would be 1-85.. I saw a Screenie that stated the new BoA "requires 80". Perhaps that was a bug.. I dunno
    The old BOA will boost you to 80 then the exp stuff stops the scaling of stats stops
    the new Boa stuff will go from 1-85 then stop so you can have a kit to 80 then a kit to 85 but the 80- 85 (and you must have an 85 toon to get the new 80-85 boa items) will be slower cause you will ahve fewer xp boost available

There was a blue post somewhere that said 80-85 will take about as long as 70-80. How long it takes to level is based of off how much quest content there is.

10+ Year Old Account
    eh i look at it as finishing zones instead of levels

I myself actually enjoy seeing the new zones the first time through. In fact, the first few weeks of an xpac are probably the most enjoyable thing for me...closest thing to starting over in WoW as you can get. While I do want to level at a fairly reasonable pace to get to see the end content, I'm not gonna be one to say run a certain dungeon 400 times or try to rush through it like some people do.

As for the leveling...well, thats a lot of HP and it sure as hell increases a lot more per level than it has previously.

Interesting question:
    are u guys using the heirloom for more XP?

Deleted
    I dont mind taking ages to level, aslong as it isnt as dull and hideous as Northrend.

Its really not that slow...

took about 3 hours to go lv 80->81 on lock

and maybe 4 hours doing vashj'ir/hyjal quests for lv 82->83 on hunter

-The exp required for 80 -> 81 is 3,066,000
    -80-81 Level quests reward 23980 exp
    -80-81 Level quests reward 272 ilvl items
    -78 Level monsters grant ~2100 exp
    -heirloom items do not increase the XP from monsters and quests at level 80

and im pretty sure this is not the real XP per level (it took around 2-3hrs to level up)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gulkeeva View Post
    Its really not that slow...

took about 3 hours to go lv 80->81 on lock

and maybe 4 hours doing vashj'ir/hyjal quests for lv 82->83 on hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Thoriel View Post
    -The exp required for 80 -> 81 is 3,066,000
    -80-81 Level quests reward 23980 exp
    -80-81 Level quests reward 272 ilvl items
    -78 Level monsters grant ~2100 exp
    -heirloom items do not increase the XP from monsters and quests at level 80

and im pretty sure this is not the real XP per level (it took around 2-3hrs to level up)

It's just beta...

Meaning that the amount of XP you get from doing quests and killing monsters is more than it is on live to prevent burnout on beta, to help testing along, to prevent people from taking eons to level, and to not tire people out before the game even goes live. IDK if the amount of XP will jump up with the release of live but the ammount of XP you receive through your leveling will defiantly jump down.

It will really be that slow.

---------- Post added 2010-07-17 at 05:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sufferr View Post
    Interesting question:
    are u guys using the heirloom for more XP?
    As stated earlier in the thread Heirlooms don't work past 80 for the XP bonus, and I am almost certain they don't continue to scale past 80 either. They will be adding a new bunch of heirlooms in a later patch (or with release who knows) to help from 80-85.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2010-07-17 at 05:14 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

picture it as levels 80-90 crammed into a shorter amount of levels. so each level takes more xp and more quests to get. leveling will feel slower, but it probably won't take much longer than 70-80 did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by janett1 View Post
    You're supposed to enjoy the levelling process and take in all the changes people are already slating with no valid reason.

There's not much point spending so much time making the game to peoples standards for people to just want to leave the content asap so they can sit in a city and grind dungeons with the dungeon tool!
    this

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    I feel sad for all those add kids that get overwhelmed because they have to level their chars.

You guys do realize that the MAIN POINT of this game is leveling right?

I'll be really disappointed if a level takes less than 10 hours played.
    I have ADD and I am offended by this post! Insensitive as*hole, grouping anyone who's simply uninterested into the ADD category hurts people who actual......

Wait, wait wrong rant.

It's less of people unable to pay attention (ADD, now ADHD by default despite them previously being two different diagnosable disorders has many many many more effects then simply being unable to pay attention, what you're thinking of is called boredom and or being a boy) and more that people have been so spoiled in modern culture that they feel that they DESERVE things without having to work for it (Thank you Baby Boomers!) and that anything that involves a bit of work, dedication, or putting some time into it to achieve is just absolutely outrageous. Plain and simple it's because people are spoiled and think things should come easy to them, ESPECIALLY in a game "It's just a game it's here for fun, why should I have to work for it, especially after I pay for it" is a very commonly seen mentality. More so after a person has achieved their first character and wants MORE MORE MORE, but without having to work too hard for it.

I have ADD and I don't expect things to just be handed to me, I do get overwhelmed at times, but thats because it should feel like that, if I wanted things to be handed to me I'd buy a FPS and go right at it, the problem is, not enough people think like this, and the people who do, are the minority in the consumer base.

This is compounded with quite a few other issues IMO along the way such as no big reason to stop at "landmark" levels to enjoy things, and enjoy and ride things out and seeing things and actually exploring and going around, very few times between do people stop and actually appreciate the game, it's a rush to the end plain and simple too, so when the middle means nothing to you it doesn't help things much.

If only they made significant enough reasons to stop along the way.
    Last edited by Krekko; 2010-07-17 at 06:08 PM.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature