how many quests are actually changed?

When blizzard claimed to change 3000 quests I am assuming it is a marketing ploy.

Change could mean alot of things, such as merely editing text or item rewards, or using the same quest on a different quest giver.

So my question is, for those currently playing the Beta,

How many of the pre level 60 quests (excluding the goblin/worgen starting areas) are ACTUALLY new quests. And if the old quests were completely removed or just altered.

I ask this because I am curious as to whether or not I should level an alliance alt pre cataclysm, or if I will be able to see basically the same stuff post cataclysm.

Thanks.

70-80% from Classic WoW's Quest are changed or complete gone.

Example: all Westfall Classic Quests are gone. Complete new storyline.

interesting

anyone check out any zones beyond the 1-20 range?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not yet, no - the toons I've rolled on the Alpha are only level 1-20, and the one I copied over is 81.

The 70-80% number feels about right, based on what I have played through so far. Yeah there may be some quests in each zone that are the same or basically the same. But for the most part the story lines in every zone are completely different from what they are now.

by the sound of it they tried to keep some of the vital stuff, but still completely replaced as much as they could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Most of the quests are now different, but it varies by zone. In many of the zones I've leveled in, it felt like half of the quests were new, and the other half were moved/updated in some way. However, in some zones almost all the quests were new, e.g. Stonetalon or Azshara.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're still going to be killing 8 animals, and then handing the quest in. Maybe collecting 16 paws, and then hand those in. The reason for it though has just changed.

I'm guessing I should reroll an ally toon to check out those old starting areas while I have the chance! thanks!

anything else we should know about the changes to these quests?

for example, when you transfer your main, are you able to pick up all the low level quests? I have a main that has loremaster, so I'm assuming I'll be able to request the old world.

Quote Originally Posted by maguszeal View Post
    for example, when you transfer your main, are you able to pick up all the low level quests? I have a main that has loremaster, so I'm assuming I'll be able to request the old world.
    You will be able to pick up most of the low-level quests, even if you've already got Loremaster. Some of the "changed" quests (quests that are just slightly modified from the original) still count as "new" as far as the game is concerned.

I've played worg to Lv2.. granted I've never played an alliance character before, its all new considering ...
    1. new quest rewards
    2. instance mob levesl changed
    3. Zone mobs level changed ,plague lands has Lv30 mobs now for instance, instead of 54-56+

wonder if we can get some screen shots of new loot from the changed instances?

I wonder if the desolace centaurs will be a real rep for mid levels, where you can get one of them to exalted and get a centaur mount! <.<

There will be SP on mail armor for Shaman instead of having to wait until Outland for instance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.
    A lot