10+ Year Old Account

New weapon type!!

so I was looking through the enchanting update and I found something interesting. If you look at the weapon enchants and read which weapons are viable for the enchant, "spear" is one of the choices. I remember spear was in wow beta but its cool that it might return. If you've got any more info please share.

heres a link http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1679

If this is true, my guess is that is a 1-hand polearm or something. I belive it was such thing in the Wotlk beta?

That's awesome! Reminding me of DiabloII. Though I'd rather have flails.. That would be epic. We all know flails are the coolest weapons ever
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

15+ Year Old Account
    No promises, but I believe that Spears are the same weapons as Polearms. I believe in the original beta they were two separate weapon types that were combined into the same class. Spears really wouldn't make much sense conceptually since they are nearly the exact same thing as a polearm anyways when used in melee combat.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    No promises, but I believe that Spears are the same weapons as Polearms. I believe in the original beta they were two separate weapon types that were combined into the same class. Spears really wouldn't make much sense conceptually since they are nearly the exact same thing as a polearm anyways when used in melee combat.
    This, it isn't new, it's actually quite old :P
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&cn=Dralidoth

Hate to be a negative nancy, but it's probably just a typo and they meant pole-arm. ^_^;;

Quote Originally Posted by videogamerpat View Post
    Hate to be a negative nancy, but it's probably just a typo and they meant pole-arm. ^_^;;
    Read it.. it says Polearm AND Spear. ;]

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

yes and don't forget there was a bug with one of the dk talents where 2 ranks said it worked with 1 and 2 handed exotic weapons...so it's not anything new

hopefully troll spear throwers inc i would roll one in a heartbeat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by videogamerpat View Post
    thats why they already put down polearm...?

Considering they are removing the requirement to level weapon skills, I suppose they have no reason to abstain from adding new weapon types now.

10+ Year Old Account
    One handed spear would be a nice addition. Troy had one of the most epic melee duels in movie history using spears and shields. In everquest 2, you could actually dual wield spears (On a rogue type no less >.>)

Completely doable.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I'm pretty sure that there are more weapon types in the files, but are not used at all. that's just probably a mistake from blizzard
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

I still want a flintlock pistol.

Don't think it's gunna happen though.