Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Vendetta is disappointing

I was hoping for something cool like Combat/Sub get with Killing Spree and Shadow Dance. They said they were removing HfB because it was boring. Vendetta is basically HfB on a cooldown with a hunter's mark gimmick attached for PvP. In what way is that not boring?

Anyone else feeling the same?

i feel the same

basically i feel the same, the cooldown and ist limited uptime more or less just make up for the 8% buff from HfB
    still, its a cooldown, i like stacking those ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Estival View Post
    its a cooldown, i like stacking those ^^
    plus it's got an interesting side effect for pvp marking other rogues

Yea, the marking mechanic is preaty myeh as far as I am concerned since if you mark a rogue you can just cloak it off and stealth as normal.

It's nice that they removed HfB but all they did is rework it back into the tree by making it work as a hunter's mark. Great creativity there blizzard...

Quote Originally Posted by Albiero View Post
    Yea, the marking mechanic is preaty myeh as far as I am concerned since if you mark a rogue you can just cloak it off and stealth as normal.
    well if you put it up asap then rogue will CoS to decrease dmg taken, making your caster partner happy, or just making problems restealthing later on, basicly making him waste CoS or taking 20% more dmg, so it's still good.

Also it hasn't been stated that it's magic effect thus it's possibly physical ===> CoS useless

It does not sound physical but i'm looking forward to it regardless though, I'm most happy about our little self heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Albiero View Post
    It does not sound physical but i'm looking forward to it regardless though, I'm most happy about our little self heal.
    and rogues don't sound magical ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    plus it's got an interesting side effect for pvp marking other rogues
    Is this confirmed? Because that pretty much just shoots it's usefulness all to hell. I was hoping the debuff it applys would be physical or something, and thus not cloakable.

I think it's pretty meh too. I feel 30 seconds is too long. It's great if you can pair it up with a hero and get that entire time in on the boss, but what about bosses where you have to switch to adds constantly? There's never going to be a chance to use it to its full potential in that instance. That's the reason that all the other rogue cooldowns are like 15-20 seconds long, and that's probably how long Vendetta should be as well. Oh and you can take those other cooldowns with you when you switch to adds :/

To keep it for Bloodlust too you'll be wasting uptime or hoping your shaman *only* pops BL when you're ready regardless of who else's cooldowns are available which probably won't happen.

Hopefully sub is viable in Cata, always liked that build.

you can manage your cooldowns to have them rdy during BL as you know how long a fight approximately lasts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dont forget that this stuff aint final :P dont get your knickers in a twist yet.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Blizz wants Mutilate rogues to be all about burst damage in Cata rather than their simple and boring rotation right now. This is emphasized by the mastery bonus for mutilate: melee critical damage. Also, a quote from blue post "Assassination will be more about daggers, poisons, and burst damage"

Deleted
    I would say Vandetta is maybe one of the few good things they did for the new expansion. The assassination tree needed more CD and they fixed that with this talent.
    I also like the new use of Backstab when the target life is bellow 35%.

Playing Assassination will be much more fun than just spamming Sinister Strike (as combat spec) as we already has been doing now for 5 years...

EDIT (for Estival) : sorry, I did not even think someone could have the idea to use SS with a dagger, so I modified my post and stated explicitly it should be used in Combat spec only. Should I also explictly state that Combat is not currently viable with a dagger spec ?
    Last edited by mmoc972a289242; 2010-07-03 at 11:01 AM.

if you spammed sinister strike as a muti you did something terribly wrong :P

Edit: i was joking, neither did i consider dagger-combat viable nor did i assume you played assa with SS. sorry if i offended you
    Last edited by Estival; 2010-07-03 at 04:25 PM.

http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=79140

school Physical cos not gonna work.

so another expasion of mutilate/prep

fuck you blizzard. what the hell do they want with our sub tree anyway? it's bloated, useless and just general bullshit
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!

Quote Originally Posted by K4ge View Post
    so another expasion of mutilate/prep

fuck you blizzard. what the hell do they want with our sub tree anyway? it's bloated, useless and just general bullshit
    Somebody buy this guy a Jump to Conclusions Mat, pronto! He'd be pro at it.

I just got my beta invite, so I'll be posting a LOT more soon. Anyway, if nothing massively unexpected happens I'll be very much right.
    I was already right on every prediction concerning my 2 main classes and their pvp specs from vanilla to tbc to wotlk and things probably aren't going to change
    Player: Vanish___________Server: No!
    Player: Preparation_______Server: Okay...
    Player: Vanish___________Server: I SAID NO DAMMIT!