Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by agdelian View Post
    actually I was saying that the blue, without sockets, would still beat out the 277 epic in terms of raw stats. But yes, I realize what you're trying to say. I just think It' be better to just focus on questing, rather than trying to optimize at the start.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by tilgare View Post
    I think I replaced the last of my t6 quality pieces at level 78. I was pretty happy with that, my gear got good use, but I didn't destroy everything. I think they didn't mind letting raid gear last so long in BC, but raid gear was much more rare then as well. With EVERYONE in at least t9, most people in t10 (even if only from VoA, raid weekly quests and heroic dailies), gear is clearly more accessible... so I suppose they either don't want it to last long or thought there was no need. It doesn't make it any more disappointing to replace your heroic Trauma in the first instance you walk into or your Shadowmourne in the second leveling zone you're working on.

I think blizz was trying to avoid the first tier raid being steamrolled within 3 days of release in previous tier gear.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I strongly suggest that you level in PvP gear if you have it.

Just sayin'.

Loving the gear reset though, as I'm basicly starting from lvl1 all over again herp derp.

In Alpha, I leveled to 82 in mostly ICC 25 (264) gear. By the time I got to 82 I think I had replaced a trinket but everything else stayed. A lot of the quest drops, end even a good amount of the early dungeon blues are side-grades for the most part. For a lot of the gear you would be swapping stats for the new Mastery stat. Obviously, we have only seen two zones worth of quest rewards, but so far it seems like you could either keep your ICC gear on or swap it out for other items as you see fit, and you will probably end up about the same either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    In Alpha, I leveled to 82 in mostly ICC 25 (264) gear. By the time I got to 82 I think I had replaced a trinket but everything else stayed. A lot of the quest drops, end even a good amount of the early dungeon blues are side-grades for the most part. For a lot of the gear you would be swapping stats for the new Mastery stat. Obviously, we have only seen two zones worth of quest rewards, but so far it seems like you could either keep your ICC gear on or swap it out for other items as you see fit, and you will probably end up about the same either way.
    So based on the gear progression, do you think that regular dungeons will completely replace gear by 84-85?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenfinn View Post
    I strongly suggest that you level in PvP gear if you have it.

Just sayin'.

Loving the gear reset though, as I'm basicly starting from lvl1 all over again herp derp.
    It's happened twice already, if gear resets are that big of a problem why didn't you quit years ago?

Lol at people bitching that their "reward" for the endless hours spent raiding should be an easy ride to Level 85.