Thread: MS change idea

MS change idea

Having played a warrior for 5 years, I'm relatively aware of their strenghts and weaknesses in the PvP setting. Seeing as mortal strike is going to once again become a truly iconic ability for arms warriors (hopefully not overshadowing bladestorm in doing doing so), I wanted to hear your guys' opinions on a complete turn around on how the ability works.

Seeing as mortal strike "wounds the target", it should not be read as "reduces the ability of the target to receive healing". Instead, I thought, mortal strike could work around the basis of the arms tree, bleed effects.

Mortal Strike 5 sec cooldown (improved mortal strike removed)
    30 rage
    An instant attack that deals 175% weapon damage (compared to updated death strike which is a trained ability) and wounds the target causing them to bleed leaving a trail of blood wherever it moves. The scent of this blood invigorates the warrior allowing him/her to remain immune to slow effects as long as the warrior follows the trail. Blood trail lasts 6 seconds.

P.S. I know this would never go in effect. Just an idea and I want hear what you folks think.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

To be completely honest, I think that sounds pretty terrible. Adding a mechanic where you have to follow a trail sounds like raiding to me, and that's the opposite of what I want to be doing. Also considering that it would last 6 sec with a 5 sec CD, that would be insanely overpowered, a permanent freedom for warriors basically, and more incentive to tunnel 1 target, this would make current complaints against warriors a lot bigger.

The idea is cool, but the way you thought of implementing it I really don't like. Maybe mortal strike creates a blood pool under the target increasing damage done by X%, but unpeelable warriors makes for sad wiz cleaves, we're already immune to fear, let's not over do it, snares are our biggest weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by Believenothing View Post
    To be completely honest, I think that sounds pretty terrible. Adding a mechanic where you have to follow a trail sounds like raiding to me, and that's the opposite of what I want to be doing. Also considering that it would last 6 sec with a 5 sec CD, that would be insanely overpowered, a permanent freedom for warriors basically, and more incentive to tunnel 1 target, this would make current complaints against warriors a lot bigger.

The idea is cool, but the way you thought of implementing it I really don't like. Maybe mortal strike creates a blood pool under the target increasing damage done by X%, but unpeelable warriors makes for sad wiz cleaves, we're already immune to fear, let's not over do it, snares are our biggest weakness.
    agree

Deleted
    Snares are not our biggest weakness. Other kind of CC and the inability to quick get a spell reflection to do anything about it is.

I'm sorry but that is a pretty bad idea.

If it was implemented, what about blinking mages or teleporting lock? Would the trail of blood follow them through the blink? While I think MS needs to be alot more than what it has become today, I don't think that this would be the best change to it (not that I have any better ideas though :P )

MS: -35% or -40% healing received to target
    Improved MS: gives 33%/66%/100% refreshes rend ability.

just a thought...

Stood in the Fire The Painkiller's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep the roots in a better style

Mortal Strike

Delivers a Mortal Wound to the enemy, dealing 175% weapon damage and causes the target to bleed for X damage over 15 seconds. In addition to it's previous effects, Mortal Strike Also reduces healing taken by the target by 10% for each of the warrior's bleed effect on the target.

Improved Mortal Strike

Mortal Strike no longer reduces healing taken by 10% for each bleed effect, but rather causes the target to take 5% more damage from the warrior for each bleed effect on the target.

There you have a more interesting MS effect, with a talent to turn it into a pve ability.
    Everyone's insane but me...

You woudnt want MS to refresh rend or it would mess with OP procs. ID leave its damage as is, were not about heavy burst for arms and I suspect in cata sustained pressure will be more effective. Id like to see improved MS increase the damage the target takes from rend/deep wounds by 15-20% , it could perhaps stack 5% per MS up to 20 total, this would allow us good sustained damage but also give us a good damage outlet while being heavily cced/kited. I think an interesting mechanic arms warriors could have is that of heavy bleeds, similar to an affliction warlock where pressure is built up and maintained overtime causing serious problems in a long fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    You woudnt want MS to refresh rend or it would mess with OP procs. ID leave its damage as is, were not about heavy burst for arms and I suspect in cata sustained pressure will be more effective. Id like to see improved MS increase the damage the target takes from rend/deep wounds by 15-20% , it could perhaps stack 5% per MS up to 20 total, this would allow us good sustained damage but also give us a good damage outlet while being heavily cced/kited. I think an interesting mechanic arms warriors could have is that of heavy bleeds, similar to an affliction warlock where pressure is built up and maintained overtime causing serious problems in a long fight.
    That's basically mangle. I realize my idea isn't well thought out but basically all I'm aiming for is a little less susceptibility to roots and snares which have really put plate wearing classes at the bottom of the barrel in arenas nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Make'em BLEED MANA. No really, what do you guys think about that? Lowering heal for non-mana classes, and instead a mana burn for mana using classes. I haven't put much thought into it, how it'd balance and stuff, but I think it could be neat. With longer battles and mana not being free, it could be a serious threat to all casters dependant on keeping us as far away as possible, and force them to do something else than kiting us around until help arrives. I don't think it'd be OP either if it stopped applying the healing debuff on the mana classes, and with it being nerfed anyways and fights becoming longer a mana burn, I will say, will be better in the long run.

Thoughts?