Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cool Real ID partying should be free!

Like this post title says! So I opened a petition hoping you all will sign. When I believe I get enough signatures i will email the petition to blizzard myself. Please read the description for the petition. Thank you and have a great day!

[/URL]
    I am starting this petition because of Activision/Blizzard is trying to charge for a service that should be free. This is turning out to be like a Japanese MMORPG but with the fee. There should be NO Premium because our accounts are already premium due to the $15.00 every month that we all pay! I added up how much blizzard makes every month off of us. The total is $180,000,000 and for all the people that bought the game + expansions they made $1,560,000,000 off of every single person that bought the game including Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, and Cataclysm.
    It's time for this petition to open the eyes of Activision/Blizzard and show how many people want this feature to be free. We should not have to pay our hard earned money to be able to play with our friends on different realms. So here and Now, if you sign this petition. We are one more signature to victory!

Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-07-17 at 08:13 PM.

Um no. Again, why do people care? There are other ways around this WITHOUT having to pay a fucking dime.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Just because you don't want to pay for something doesn't mean it should be free. If it did, then why would anyone bother paying for anything? It should be free anyway, right? Also, petitions in World of Warcraft don't work.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is free. Now, at least.

Deleted
    Id rather have this payed than server transfer. Also wtb cross server heirlooms.

It's starting to get kinda funny that every thread in the front page as the same people being all neg in Each and every fucking one.
    It should be free, but then again we shouldn't be moving into the "LFG cloud" either, and that irks me more then having to potentialy pay to screw with boring ass 5 mans with folks i know irl off server/battle grp.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe, from a consumer's perspective, that it should be free.

Will I sign your petition though? Not really. First of all:
    a) I have doubts about the accuracy of the figures quoted,
    b) I also believe Blizzard has the right to decide what aspect of the game to charge. If I don't like their decision, I vote with my wallet, and
    c) I highly doubt they actually care about online petitions

That said, I wish OP all the best in his efforts.
    "Oh yay! Happy little deer!
    Now they can grow up and have ADVENTURES.
    You're swell. "

- Mylune
    (aww... she said I'm swell <3 )

You know, I was peeved when I heard it was premium. But I got over it.

However, by offering it free for testing to everyone, they opened a can of worms. Plain and simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amry View Post
    a) I have doubts about the accuracy of the figures quoted,
    If by doubts you mean "the OP pulled thie figures out of hiss ass", than yes, I share this sentiment

---------- Post added 2011-07-15 at 12:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post

However, by offering it free for testing to everyone, they opened a can of worms. Plain and simple.
    Why? It's like releasing a free demo version of a product you will have to pay for once it's completed and full. We don't even know what aspects of it are going to be premium based. It's still way to early to complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    If by doubts you mean "the OP pulled thie figures out of hiss ass", than yes, I share this sentiment
    Well, it's easy to make that much money considering Blizzard apparently don't pay their employees anything or spend any money at all. Yup, it's all pure profit.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

I'm curious if the majority of people who think this way has a job or understands how jobs would be sustainable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Well, it's easy to make that much money considering Blizzard apparently don't pay their employees anything or spend any money at all. Yup, it's all pure profit.
    Yeah, and I hear that servers work for free and maintain themselves as well. Not to mention the bandwidth providers. They have all recently converted to a charity-based model.

10+ Year Old Account
    The great irony is that the people beating their chests and gnashing teeth that this should be a free service, are WAY too Paranoid to use RealID.

OP is unemployed, only reason he made the thread.

So I guess someone can tell me how much it costs...?

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Just because you don't want to pay for something doesn't mean it should be free. If it did, then why would anyone bother paying for anything? It should be free anyway, right? Also, petitions in World of Warcraft don't work.
    When somebody makes the statement that something should be free, they are implicitly making an argument about their own subjective valuation of a good or service versus its money price (and this is definitely substantiated by the nature of the text the OP is showing of the petition). Making this kind of argument does not constitute some kind of objective, universal claim about reality that the above response appears to address, nor warrant the slippery-slope scenario described.

If it's a paid service, I just won't pay for it. Online petitions do absolutely nothing. Like Amry said, vote with your wallet.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you dont like it, dont pay for it.
    They can choose what to charge, and you can choose what to pay for or not.

Sounds like you want it but don't want to pay so they have to make it free for you to have it, stop shitting rainbows out of your ass.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisuro View Post
    Yeah, and I hear that servers work for free and maintain themselves as well. Not to mention the bandwidth providers. They have all recently converted to a charity-based model.
    I also heard there is no monthly fee.

No I don't care about Cross Realm queueing I just think your use of Sarcasm went out of hand.

You could just play on the same server...