10+ Year Old Account

Spell Power On Cata weapons?

I thought they were removing Spell Power in Cataclysm, yet there are weapons with spell power on them?

Glyphtrace Ritual Knife
    Heraldcall Censer
    Toturers Mercy
    Druidic Channelers Mace
    Cerith Spire Staff

Are just a select few. There are probably alot more, but I'm not going to go through all of them.

Any explanations? Or is it just that the stats will be changed later on, and SP is just a placeholder? :|

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard have stated that spellpower will remain on weapons so that spell weapons can scale at the same rate as physical weapons without them having to put insane amounts of intellect on them.

EDIT: /brofist for New Zealand.
    Quote Originally Posted by BattlemasterSkarab View Post
    GOD's ARMAGEDDON and DOOM'S DAY!!!!!!.... Imagine that...
    4 apocalyptic horsemen
    Sky turned red
    Sun turned black
    All WoW servers down

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    Blizzard have stated that spellpower will remain on weapons so that spell weapons can scale at the same rate as physical weapons without them having to put insane amounts of intellect on them.
    While I never heard this, this does make perfect sense. Imagine being at around the T12 level of progression and weapons were giving 1300+ Int? No way.

They stated they were leaving SP on weapons, but just weapons.

jeez too slow...

jep.

i can also imagine trinkets will still proc spellpower to keep them from being too powerfull
    (massive throughput and regen at the same time)

EDIT: /brofist for New Zealand.
    This. They want weapons to be important for casters still (unlike in vanilla where weapons were GODLY for melee and were worse than most other gear slots for casters - in terms of how good the upgrade was), but they don't want casters getting 40% of their mana pool or 20% spell critical strike chance from a single staff.