Help with gear/whats wrong? :(

Hey guys, i have a friend warrior who has been having problems dpsing lately. Hes been top before, and been doing well in the past, but the past couple of weeks he has been having problems, and he cant figure out why. We are a 10 man raiding guild mostly, and his problems started happening right after he picked up deaths verdict. I dunno much about warriors, but most warriors strive for ArmPen Hard cap right? He is only pulling about 6.5-7k in ICC10 while the ranged, myself included are 9k+. Raid comp is Ret,Hunter,demolock,mage,paladintank,warriortank,2 trees, healer priest,and him.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...er&cn=Malakhor theres his armory!

Hes open for any suggestions at all on his gear/gems/spec anything.
    Last edited by Tato23; 2010-07-02 at 12:16 AM.

Hard to judge what's changed without a WoL. If you say he did well before and hasn't made major gear changes (like changing all his gems or something) then a log is really the only way to identify the differences. It's also possible he ran with a more melee friendly group in the past. Missing 20% haste, especially, can really kill a warrior's dps because generally your offhand hits alone will no longer provide enough rage to fuel HS spam, forcing more white MH hits which can miss/glance.

I'm guessing DV was an upgrade so that's probably not it, other general gear tweaks though:
    1. Drop arp to 722 while NES is still equipped, or better yet drop NES alltogether and go full on ARP until cap. Solid NES replacement is Banner of Victory then eventually DBW or the RS arp trink.

2. Get rid of the purple gem in boots, get a nightmare tear in the chest + inscribed ametrine for the yellow and pick up the +8 bonus. Enchant boots with Tuskarr's Vitality or better yet, Cat's Swiftness in place of Icewalker.

3. Drop t10 gloves, get the t10 chest to keep 4pc. Pick up Gatecrashers Gauntlets from frost badges. This will drop his hit closer to the optimal 164.

4. Expertise is a little high, drop the neck and replace with Sindragosa 10m neck (agility/arp/crit/ap). Large upgrade there. Gem expertise back to 26 if necessary.

5. He has glyph of execute on atm, make sure he's using Cleave in any multi-target fights.

6. Personally I'd pick up Improved Cleave and drop UW and 1 point from Commanding Prescence but if he needs the rage it's meh. Large boost of multi target dps > marginal single target IMO.

But yea, log of you got one, gear and all that is irrelevant if he's missing 50% of his slam procs or not queuing heroics strikes or something like that.
    Last edited by Dhurn; 2010-07-02 at 12:23 AM.

no windfury or other warr friendly buffs :/
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD