Why isn't Thrall Warchief?

Exactly what it says on the tin, Why is Thrall no longer Warchief of the Horde?

Tinfoil hat away, or provide reasonable reasoning, I just want to know what you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    You know why I'm rerolling Goblin? Because they're nasty, sinister, and willing to do ANYTHING for whatever they believe in. For most Goblins, that's money, and for the bildgewater goblins, that's the Horde. This includes everything up to and including blowing themselves to hell for it.

Thrall has been kidnapped by ninjas, are you a bad enough dude to rescue him?
    I once shot a man in Goldshire, just to watch him die.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is a comic or future comic explaining that the shammys are having issues calling on the elements, the shammys usually call them and are lent power. this tauren shammy dude tells every 1 u must now force the elements to work for u like he does, more like enslave the elements. (explains the goblins totems a bit)thrall... not in his nature to do this sooo hes just a warrior now

and is kidnapped but this is unknown if its before or after garrosh is cheif

Because bliz wants us to kill Garrosh

Because plot development is more important than stagnation.

I think Blizzard wants to involve Thrall in the main storyline for both Alliance and Horde, but that wasn't going to make sense as long as Thrall was the horde warchief.

At the moment its currently unknown. According to some speculation (and this is rampant speculation), he's on a quest to calm the elements before the world is quite literally ripped apart and left Garrosh in charge while he travels Azeroth. Even LARGER speculation (bordering on tin-foil hat) is that Garrosh leaked information on his location to SI-7, the Stormwind Intelligence service that all human rogues serve, allowing him to be captured and thus the goblin quest chains. So far I haven't had a chance to look at the quest lines leaked through WoWhead or other sites, so I can't say for sure yet.