Raid Buff Category Consolidation

So I was looking at paladin changes (my main being a paladin and all), and some of the changes that jumped out at me were the new blessings: blessing of might now grants +10% attack power and mp5, blessing of kings grants 5% boost to all stats (expect spirit) as well as resistances. Curious, I page over to warriors to look at battle shout; that buff has now become strength + agility, like horn of winter. Mark of the wild has become identical to the new kings (5% stats + resistances).

What follows is a list of current buff categories, and whether or not they still exist, and in what form (list taken from MMO's raid comp calculator). I'm sure I've missed something in here; if you find something here that's wrong or that I missed, feel free to correct me.
    -Agility & Strength: Battle Shout, Horn of Winter, Strength of Earth Totem
    -Attack Power, numeric: Eliminated
    -Attack Power, percentage: Abomination's Might, Blessing of Might, Trueshot Aura, Unleashed Rage
    -Heroism: Heroism/Bloodlust, Time Warp (mage-all)
    -Damage, percentage: Arcane Tactics (arcane empowerment, renamed), Ferocious Inspiration, Sanctified Retribution
    -Damage Reduction, percentage: Eliminated
    -Haste, percentage: Eliminated
    -Healing received, percentage: Improved Devotion Aura
    -Health: Eliminated
    -Intellect: Eliminated -- Some uncertainty here; arcane intellect changed, but I can't see fel intellect so i don't know about that one yet.
    -Mana, Maximum - Arcane Intellect
    -Mana Regen: Blessing of Might, Mana Spring Totem
    -Melee Critical Strike Chance: Honour Among Thieves, Leader of the Pack, Rampage
    -Melee Haste: Improved Icy Talons, Swift Retribution, Windfury Totem
    -Physical Damage Reduction: Ancestral Healing, Inspiration
    -Replenishment: I won't cover this now, as I don't see any changes to existing replenishment mechanics yet, and Blizzard has strongly hinted that this mechanic will be changing.
    -Spell Critical Strike Chance - Elemental Oath, Improved Shadow Form, Moonkin Form
    -Spell Haste: Improved Moonkin Form, Wrath of Air Totem
    -Spell Power (now 10%, not numeric): Demonic Pact, Totemic Wrath (replaces totem of wrath, works with any fire totem),
    -Spirit: Eliminated
    -Stamina: Commanding Shout, Power Word: Fortitude. Presumably also Blood Pact, but can't confirm.
    -Stat Add: Eliminated
    -Stat Multiplier + Resistance: Blessing of Kings, Mark of the Wild

DEBUFFS
    -Armor, Major: Devastate/Sunder Armor, Expose Armor, Faerie Fire, Scorpid Venom (this replaces scorpid sting),
    -Armor, Minor: Eliminated, but all armor debuffs here seem to have been made into major armor debuffs
    -Attack Power: Eliminated, but see "physical damage reduction" below
    -Bleed Damage: Hemorrhage, Mangle, Trauma
    -Cast Speed Slow: Curse of Tongues, Mind-Numbing Poison, Slow, Viper Venom (this replaces viper sting),
    -Critical Strike Chance Taken: Eliminated
    -Healing (Renamed Wound): Furious Attacks, Improved Mind Blast, Mortal Strike, Widow Venom (hunter-all), Wound Poison
    -Healing Absorb: Necrotic Strike
    -Health Restore: Judgement of Light
    -Mana Restore: Jugement of Wisdom
    -Melee Attack Speed Slow: Icy Touch, Infected Wounds, Judgements of the Just, Thunder Clap
    -Melee hit chance reduction: Eliminated
    -Physical Damage Dealt Reduction (10%): Bane of Weakness, Demoralizing Roar, Demoralizing Shout, Hemorrhagic Fever (DK-blood), Vindication
    -Physical Vulnerability: Blood Frenzy, Brittle Bones (DK-frost), Savage Combat
    -Spell critical strike chance: Improved Scorch, Improved Shadow Bolt, Winter's Chill
    -Spell/magic damage taken (now 8% it looks like): Bane of Elements, Ebon Plague, Earth and Moon, Master Poisoner
    -Spell hit chance: Eliminated

Ok, my patience for this is expended right now. I'll be back later.

Edit: Added Honour Among Thieves to melee critical strike chance (thanks Heavyhanded!)
    Edit2: Fixed up a few things, confirmed from Blues that "Critical Strike Chance Taken" is going away as a category.
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2010-07-02 at 01:05 PM.

This post, thanks. Quite like the changes tbh.

For the most part I like it as well.... I commented in another thread that I think they're just trying to make it a bit easier to get all (or most) of the buffs covered in 10-mans, to make it easier to equalize 10 + 25 man raids as being approximately equal in difficulty.

Obviously they're not done yet, and paladins in particular dont' look like they've had a lot done with their talents, but I'm curious to see if they're going to do anything with judgements. I don't think necrotic strike will be a big deal in raids (it only absorbs 40% of your AP in healing, which isn't large enough to really stop the kinds of healing that you usually have to counter in raids that actually heal), but with so many categories combined, it's a bit odd to see the judgements still on their own (not that I want them to go away mind, I like my judgements, I just wonder if they're really going to leave those two untouched).

you missed out Honour among Thieves 5% crit, thats whats in the cata talent preview anyway.

and im sure Druids do have a AP reduction, just not sure if it survived cata?

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Ack, so it did.

Ok, fine, follow Burningstick's link then :-P

Edit: I'll keep my list here though, just for the sake of having one over here
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2010-07-02 at 01:03 PM.