Talking Hunter Cata Patch Notes

Hunters

* Five pets can now be stored with the hunter at all times. Any one of these five pets can be summoned via the Call Pet ability.
    * Focus has replaced mana as a new resource.
    * Hunters now start with a pet at level 1.
    * The Stable will now store 20 pets. If a pet is moved into the Stable, its talents are wiped.

Saw this and some of it wasnt on the main page, but i love the fact that we can now store 20 pets in stables and 5 on us at a time
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace- Jimi Hendrix

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.- General Patton

<sarcasm>
    what only 25 pets, i need at least 64 pet slots to be viable, GG blizz GG
    </sarcasm>

But seriously though, awesome I love me more pet storage
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    /bitchslap
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Fuck you, I was working.

gotta have more room for dumb vanity pets
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace- Jimi Hendrix

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his.- General Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pheonix33 View Post
    gotta have more room for dumb vanity pets
    This.

At least now I don't have to choose from abandoning fluffy or george to tame Bitey! *sarcasm*

Awesome! =) I didn't really expect even this many, so this is great.

Not only will there be room for our dumb vanity pets, but there will be room for all the toolbox/utility pets we will need for raiding ^^ I'm a happy hunter.

I need like 3 extra fingers to bind all this shit. We have 40+ right now and with all the additions is gonna be 60+, idk what the hell they're thinking honestly.
    "Druid must be boss, Hunter is just Drain-monkey.

Hunter scatter this rogue.
    Hunter drain that priest.
    Hunter where is frost trap. Bad Hunter! No banana!
    Hunter where is flare? No flare, you get replaced by retarded warrior!"

-Huainy

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotjuice View Post
    I need like 3 extra fingers to bind all this shit. We have 40+ right now and with all the additions is gonna be 60+, idk what the hell they're thinking honestly.
    Idk what the hell you're talking about honestly. We've only gotten 5 actual new skills. Cobra Shot is a replacement for Steady Shot, so you shouldn't have both on your bars. The "new" Venoms (Scorpid and Viper) are just renames from their Sting counterparts, and They are removing dragonhawk, viper, and beast Aspects, so now we have 3 less skills. In total, we only gained two actual abilities to put on our bars, and half of that stuff doesn't even need to be binded. Seriously, when is the last time you used Flare in a raid?
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn View Post
    Idk what the hell you're talking about honestly. We've only gotten 5 actual new skills. Cobra Shot is a replacement for Steady Shot, so you shouldn't have both on your bars. The "new" Venoms (Scorpid and Viper) are just renames from their Sting counterparts, and They are removing dragonhawk, viper, and beast Aspects, so now we have 3 less skills. In total, we only gained two actual abilities to put on our bars, and half of that stuff doesn't even need to be binded. Seriously, when is the last time you used Flare in a raid?

clearly no body uses binds for pvp
    BO0ooOOooOOo0oooOO0OOooOO0ooo0OOOo0oOO0NEST0RM!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uttnikk/simple
    ^Deepz served here^

I'm no PvE hero, I PvP and I already have to leave shit out because I just can't bind anymore stuff. If they give me 5 new abilities thats 5 new binds that I don't have. All the aspects they took away are the shits aspects that no decent hunter uses (but Dragonhawk but that is just replaced by Hawk). So now I have an extra aspect to bind, extra shots (you have to bind multi since it wont share cd with aimed among the added shots) to bind and extra poisons to bind but we still have serpent sting, camo and who knows what else. Right now it adds up to like 8 extra binds I don't have and most hunters don't either. They even know this shit, last expansion they were talking about "merging" abilities.

And the stupid focus is making us a shit class who needs to cast to keep up their energy bar but has a min range (1 chimera takes like 60% of your bar in Beta) and thats all fine in PvE but in PvP we're going back to "train the hunter, shut him down". Its not like rogues at all, right now focus regen sucks.

Oh and cobra shot is no replacement for steady, as mm u do steady against clothies and low armored ppl and do cobra against plate...
    Last edited by Gotjuice; 2010-07-03 at 03:49 AM.

-Huainy

I'm no PvE hero, I PvP and I already have to leave shit out because I just can't bind anymore stuff. If they give me 5 new abilities thats 5 new binds that I don't have. All the aspects they took away are the shits aspects that no decent hunter uses (but Dragonhawk but that is just replaced by Hawk). So now I have an extra aspect to bind, extra shots (you have to bind multi since it wont share cd with aimed among the added shots) to bind and extra poisons to bind but we still have serpent sting, camo and who knows what else. Right now it adds up to like 8 extra binds I don't have and most hunters don't either. They even know this shit, last expansion they were talking about "merging" abilities.

And the stupid focus is making us a shit class who needs to cast to keep up their energy bar but has a min range (1 chimera takes like 60% of your bar in Beta) and thats all fine in PvE but in PvP we're going back to "train the hunter, shut him down". Its not like rogues at all, right now focus regen sucks.

Oh and cobra shot is no replacement for steady, as mm u do steady against clothies and low armored ppl and do cobra against plate...
    1) Unless you never used Viper we're not gaining an extra major aspect; I'll just be replacing it with Fox on my bars.
    2) One Chimera is 40%.
    3) This is the very beginning of beta.

Even though I disagree with a few of your points I do agree that it seems Hunters are a bit overloaded with abilities. During betas I always like to look over the new abilities and start thinking about where I'll put my new abilities. Even as a PvE player, I'm running short on convenient binds. I'm thinking I may have to become proficient with a whole secondary set of keys if I want to play my Hunter to its fullest. I too am hoping for some consolidation somewhere, but I can't imagine where.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2010-07-03 at 02:35 PM.

Well i thought viper was still on, I read somewhere it was supposed to regen focus if they replaced it with Fox then thats good thats one less bind.

Still 40% is way too much with the regen as slow as it is right now, its still train the hunter and he'll do no dmg.

And even though we are still on Beta ppl need to start thinking from a pvp pov already and stop looking at everything from a raiding pov. PvP is as big as raiding you know.
    Last edited by Gotjuice; 2010-07-03 at 05:23 PM.

-Huainy

The reason I just threw out the, "Beginning of beta" thing is because it really is. There are already several talents being sprinkled in each of the three trees that offer PvP utility. Fox screams "PvP Aspect." They're giving Hunters a starting point. I assume all Hunters will be taking the T1 BM talent that increases Fox regen, which means that Hunters should have ~8 Focus/sec regen; as a reference point Rogues are 10 Energy/second. Now of course this is a simplified situation since Rogue finishers restore Energy and there are a few Energy-modifying talents/tree bonuses. And we don't know yet how Haste will affect these rates.

So far several of the key utilities do not cost Focus. Traps (although not Trap Launcher), Flare, Master's Call, Deterrence, and Feign Death all don't cost Focus. Disengage isn't on the MMO ability list at this time, but considering it's referenced by a lot of talents I assume that's merely a glitch; but I wouldn't be surprised if it were also Focus-free. And add to this that Hunters can now auto-shot while moving they don't have to fire as many shots to keep up damage in a mobile PvP environment.

So might hunters get focused (no pun intended)? Of course, it's dangerous to leave any ranged attacker unmolested, especially one that doubles its resource regen rate by standing still. But I think it's far too early to be worried that Hunters will be uncompetitive in PvP.

Thats the problem I couldn't have said it better myself. I don't think the class that needs the MOST mobility to succeed should be designed in such a way that it "doubles its resource regen by standing still" thats just plain old wrong and stupid.

-Huainy

...I don't see what's wrong with doing more damage while standing still. All of the ranged classes do far more damage standing still than moving. Hunters are limited by their resource primarily; when they can use Steady/Cobra they get more Focus and can do more damage (give or take the bit of AP Hawk gives). Other ranged classes are mana-based and so aren't limited in that way, but in turn are even more susceptible to moving. I really see no issue here.

Its wrong because we have a minimum range which other ranged classes don't. Thats why a mage stands on top of you while you're frost nova'd and casts Frostbolts at your ass while you look at him.

-Huainy

With MM looking to become the Dazed spec, it shouldn't be impossible to keep your target slowed to a crawl and far away from you 100% of the time ^^

Its wrong because we have a minimum range which other ranged classes don't. Thats why a mage stands on top of you while you're frost nova'd and casts Frostbolts at your ass while you look at him.
    All other ranged classes are casters. Because they're casters they're susceptible to interrupts, pushback, and spell fizzles if their target gets behind them. If Hunters had their minimum ranged removed they wouldn't suffer any of these issues. They would be superior to melee classes at range and be able to still go toe-to-toe with them when they got close, which wouldn't be really balanced. So minimum range is the Hunter incentive to get at range to maximize DPS, just like how the limits on casters force them to move to range.

You're pulling the thread in a whole other way. You asked why was it different or something like that and I told you why its different. I'm not saying we need or we don't need a min. range thats a whole other thing.

-Huainy