Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    And then Azeroth was split in half, set on fire, and thrown into a black hole.
    Sargeras watches in a look of shock, as his water heater develops a drip in the background. *Thralls eyes lock on the leak, Sargeras shits himself*
    I once shot a man in Goldshire, just to watch him die.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    I am betting it is the picture for the Login Screen
    That would be epic. Though it needs to roar. Loudly.

Quote Originally Posted by Malygos The Spellweaver View Post
    Probably will.

Quote Originally Posted by Malygos The Spellweaver View Post
    "It's like loggin into Niagara Falls!"
    I once shot a man in Goldshire, just to watch him die.

Quote Originally Posted by Paperweight View Post
    "It's like loggin into Niagara Falls!"
    It will literally fuck your mind via your headset.
    You though the dragon roar in WotLK was bad... just wait till you hear this consistency.

You will get home from work a long in to the surreal ear drum rape.

You though the dragon roar in WotLK was bad... just wait till you hear this consistency.

Sounds great.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dunno it looks like a zone

Quote Originally Posted by Feythir View Post
    Exactly what would be its use in game though? Personally, I don't think it's relaxing to sit on a rock looking at an endless churning whirpool. (I'd totally make it my AFK spot.)

I was expecting alot more detail to go into it... Part of Nazjatar somehow, the craddle of Azshara and her Naga, something else other than random rocks and the eye.
    It could be one hell of an instance portal? It's hard telling WHAT blizzard could do with something like that. xD It could just be for flavor like that "Help" on the mountain above Grim Batol, or the camp site between Burning Stepps and Elwynn. Something to make people do something retarded like jump into it while flying on a zep over head? LOL
    Last edited by Keristrasza; 2010-07-02 at 06:07 AM. Reason: Typo

Imagine if the maelstrom went around the different continents killing people if it hits you.

"Lalala, I'm a pretty paladin short and stout here is my hammer here is my mount,when i get hurt here me shout! OMFG IT'S THE MAELSTROM." *Run away a little bit and... death!*

Quote Originally Posted by trev1776 View Post
    Imagine if the maelstrom went around the different continents killing people if it hits you.

"Lalala, I'm a pretty paladin short and stout here is my hammer here is my mount,when i get hurt here me shout! OMFG IT'S THE MAELSTROM." *Run away a little bit and... death!*
    Then Warcraft lorenerds everywhere would have a stroke.

The Maelstrom is the result of the Sundering, after all. What remains of the Well of Eternity is at its center.

How would a whirlpool wander around continents? It just... what?

Now, Deathwing wandering around, or a tornado, or even one of those crazy floating-rocks-with-light things? Could work.

Looks pretty big to me. The largest maelstorm in the world is known as Saltstaunem (spelling?) in Norway I think. You can see videos of it on youtube. It's probably no more then 80 feet or so across. It's enough to suck you in, smashing you into the river bed below, shattering things in your body medical doctors refer as "bones". So considering the size of this thing maybe compared to to rocks (hard to gauge since we know the size of nothing in the picture to scale it to) it may be several thousand or ten thousand times bigger then anything on earth.

TL;DR- Thing is a monster compared to anything in the world.
    Last edited by Garrim; 2010-07-02 at 07:21 AM.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

its the way into deepholm
    Im a wawiur
    http://stompingnerds.blogspot.com/ ill blog about what you want
    wish my post count was as high as yours

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought it was the way into the abyssal maw

Quote Originally Posted by Boloney View Post
    i thought it was the way into the abyssal maw
    No, it is the new spot of Deathwing's break through.

I still think it will be the Cata Login video. Just because the water isn't really there. It seems like just a watchable animation instead of an intractable zone

It's hardly big enough.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2n9zzux.png
    (I fail at thumbnails)

Unless of course the Maelstrom simply appears way bigger on the map than it actually is.
    Someone mentioned that perhaps the Maelstrom was actually an actual maelstrom like the one we're seeing, and a magical storm that's way larger. Dunno.

Edit: O hai Helligator.
    Last edited by Zarleck; 2010-07-03 at 09:07 AM.

This actually sounds much better than a dragon screaming at me constantly.

Can't wait.

Deleted
    This is the Maelstrom alright. Now, I know alot of you might be thinking, "but it's so small!". But what you see here is only part of the Maelstrom.

The Maelstrom in WoW is actually two different things: Theres the actual vortex that exists in its center that's connected to the bowels of the Earth, and resulting of the implosion of the Well of Eternity; meaning that model (which is actually pretty big) is the remains of the Well.
    And then, there's the gigantic magic "storm" which surronds the vortex, born of the released magical energies of the Well. This destructive hurricane is the portion of the Maelstrom that's actually represented in the world map. Making it very massive.

The video seems to portray the "eye" of the Maelstrom, where the waters are allegadly calm before culminating in an abyssal whirlpool. That is to say, the Maelstrom that is seen in the video.
    Hope that cleared your doubts up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJScp...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJVsG...eature=related

Some other videos. I hope the scale it up like 10000% and have it in game
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

10+ Year Old Account
    heh those videos are old. but would love it as a login screen
    Stormrage 4 lyfe