Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    omg I love the new vigilance! Finally no more rage starved off tanks trying to keep up on threat.
    and @ twin peaks
    Lame, looks like horde will always get to the bridge first, providing a slight tactical advantage in what seems to be where we would first encounter each other, at least from the looks of the map.

Quote Originally Posted by delage35 View Post
    Your chances of knowing which instance will earn the long-term hate that Occ got before you explore the area is about nil. Nice concept tho.
    You'll at least be able to once we all know which the annoying dungeon is, and its useful for alts if you say, never want to run those dungeons ever.
    Last edited by FattyXP; 2010-07-02 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    You'll at least be able to once we all know which the annoying dungeon is, and its useful for alts if you say, never want to run those dungeons ever.
    I willing to bet that Blizzard will find some way around this. Like you won't be able to manually queue for dungeons that you haven't been to but the random heroics will still queue you for everything. It would break the whole point of cross-server dungeons (shorter queue times) if people were able to "ignore" a dungeon they don't like.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Intimidating Shout
    We're also changing (probably) Intimidating Shout into a single-target, longish duration CC (basically taking off the fear from the secondary targets and increasing the duration to the Repentance level).
    Awesome, remove the ONLY form of CC Warriors ever had, what a GREAT idea.

/sigh.

The talent thing is great but 1 bug and 1 thing not yet in:

Bug is that many talent descriptions fill up a box bigger than my screen. I have to shrink the window down to a very narrow size to be able to have it display normally and read it.

I dont see any of the bonus for the talents anywhere? I thought with a certain number of points spent you got an ever incresing bonus?

Remember when there was no dungeon finder and you had to run to the instance every time you wanted to run it? We survived then, and we'll be fine when we have to go to the instance once in the 2 years this expansion will take.

I'd like to see a hit talent in the mage's fire tree. Since they're removing hit debuffs like Misery and Imp Faerie Fire, it's gonna be really annoying to have to get all the was to 17% hit.

Threat can either be a big concern or not one at all. There isn't a middle ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post

Intimidating Shout
    We're also changing (probably) Intimidating Shout into a single-target, longish duration CC (basically taking off the fear from the secondary targets and increasing the duration to the Repentance level).

/sigh.
    Because skillstorm was not enough for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    Troll and dwaren warlocks? Really? Why don't just erase the existing lore limitations and call it a day? What's next - Undead Paladins? Draenei Warlocks? This trend is as stupid as it gets...
    How dare they add to the lore that they created. I can't believe they didn't discuss it with you, loremaster dragonshardz.

---------- Post added 2010-07-02 at 11:32 PM ----------

[QUOTE=Hoosiermama;8237666]I'd like to see a hit talent in the mage's fire tree. Since they're removing hit debuffs like Misery and Imp Faerie Fire, it's gonna be really annoying to have to get all the was to 17% hit.QUOTE]

Torment of the weak got cut in half. As it is now, I reckon its better to minor in frost to get icy veins and precision, rather than 6% damage and focus magic.

Stood in the Fire NefariousNinja's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would love to have a dwarf warlock and shaman now. To me gnomes and dwarfs are my favorite races of Alliance. Maybe worgen, if only they did through with the April Fool's Joke of having gnome/dwarf druids I think and a cub bear form

No updates? Been waiting all day, and all yesterday, for info on the release of beta keys. Boub hasn't been updating much today. Anyone know anything? :S

It's important to keep in mind that we're distributing World of Warcraft: Cataclysm beta invites the same way we distributed StarCraft II beta invites. Instead of sending out a beta code via email and requiring the user to flag their own account, we're doing all of that for you.

What? Starcraft II beta invites were codes sent via email or at least mine was. I got a code in the mail and had to manually enter it into my battle.net. That's why you could find them on ebay for $80... All you had to do was send the buyer the email with the code and they flagged their battle.net account themselves.
    Am I missing something here? How is the way they're distributing Cata keys anything like how they distributed SC2?

Stood in the Fire andy_mitchelluk's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My SC2 beta invite told me to go to my battle.net account page and it'd be on there. Maybe they accidentally sent some people codes when they're intent was to have it all through battle.net account management.

In case anyone is wondering how the emails look:
    Last edited by andy_mitchelluk; 2010-07-03 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergal View Post

Intimidating Shout

/sigh.
    So because you can't instant-fear everyone, your "only" CC is gone? Funny, I read "longish duration CC." What did you read?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelinda View Post
    It's important to keep in mind that we're distributing World of Warcraft: Cataclysm beta invites the same way we distributed StarCraft II beta invites. Instead of sending out a beta code via email and requiring the user to flag their own account, we're doing all of that for you.

What? Starcraft II beta invites were codes sent via email or at least mine was. I got a code in the mail and had to manually enter it into my battle.net. That's why you could find them on ebay for $80... All you had to do was send the buyer the email with the code and they flagged their battle.net account themselves.
    Am I missing something here? How is the way they're distributing Cata keys anything like how they distributed SC2?
    You got your key from preordering the game right? Thats when they sent the keys themselves. If you simply got a refulat random invite to the beta it just showed up on your battle.net account.

I like the fact we will have to visit the dungeons first, so we can explore and actually see the game world at least once. Also, Occ is my favorite wrath dungeon, always was. Surprised there are still folks who hate it so much now that its been nerfed to the ground and can give you a mount.
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    "Sir, you'll have to move, you are blocking the fire exit."
    "Excuse me, but if you have legs and are flammable, you are NEVER blocking a fire exit." I'd run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkhias View Post
    Actually, the deluge has been very enlightening to me. Lesson of the week is to not go out of your way to treat people with respect because there is a 90% chance they are narcissistic douchebags.

Those videos Boub is referring to don't show up for me. Could someone link them?
    Last edited by Throrion; 2010-07-03 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FattyXP View Post
    Lame, looks like horde will always get to the bridge first, providing a slight tactical advantage in what seems to be where we would first encounter each other, at least from the looks of the map.
    If there is anything the bridge in front the the alliance base in AV has taught us, it is that even the best choke points don't prevent the enemy from getting through.

Quote Originally Posted by agelos View Post
    Because skillstorm was not enough for you.
    People still die to Bladestorm? God you must suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Avendryl View Post
    So because you can't instant-fear everyone, your "only" CC is gone? Funny, I read "longish duration CC." What did you read?
    Instant fear on a 2 minute cd was clearly OP. If it fears only one target and still break at any dots tick, its worthless.

Cry more lil Priests/Warlocks, your classes will still be way more represented than Warriors in Cataclysm, it was always the case, and you will always cry on your ONLY counter.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase_payne View Post
    Everyone enjoy the dungeons at low levels while you can, because after cata it will require you to explore them before entering.

This means people will continue questing rather than using LFD, and you'll have hour(s) ques.

This is a brilliant idea by blizzard.
    remember the days before the LFG tool came... be happy you only have to explore them + it make sense.

---------- Post added 2010-07-04 at 10:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    Troll and dwaren warlocks? Really? Why don't just erase the existing lore limitations and call it a day? What's next - Undead Paladins? Draenei Warlocks? This trend is as stupid as it gets...
    human shaman, druid,
    dwarf druid,
    gnome shaman, druid,
    worgen shaman,
    drenai warlock,
    nighelf warlock, paladin,

orc druid, paladin,
    forsaken paladin,
    tauren mage, warlock,
    goblin palain,
    troll paladin,
    bloodelf shaman,

Would not make sense in any way... never-

however remember that e.g. a Tauren Paladin isn't the same as a Human Paladin. They got loads of different lore connected to them.

Blizzard doesn't want to or put effort into renaming all spells and rename the class so it fits with the lore in-game.
    Its more examples... Dwarf Shaman, Blood Elf Paladin, Tauren Priest etc etc...

If they did it, it would be super cool i think [COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Supermantra; 2010-07-04 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrotan View Post
    You got your key from preordering the game right? Thats when they sent the keys themselves. If you simply got a refulat random invite to the beta it just showed up on your battle.net account.
    No, I just got a random SC2 key and incidentally, I was given a key from a friend for my Cata beta key. Maybe I just have weird luck.