Thread: DK cata specc

DK cata specc

What do you guys think about this specc? am i way of or is this something that may be of use to me if i keep perfecting it?
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...fXNTHB,I,12319

---------- Post added 2010-07-02 at 07:21 AM ----------

Im off to bed, i will return later on to check if i've gotten any feedback regarding the specc. Oh and it's for pve (just stating the obvious lol)

10+ Year Old Account
    You know you missed Rime right. 45% chance to clear the CD and make it cost no runes is a very powerful dps boost, probably much more than what you get from Necrosis. Depending how fast frost does generate RP getting Chill of the Grave might be worth to pump out those extra frost strikes. BUT it might be such a small dps boost that its not worth it.

Vicious Strikes seems like a waste of points to me, for a frost build. The reason: you will be PSing every 45 seconds. You open with outbreak (applies both diseases) then you IS, PS when you need to refresh.

But thats what I got from briefly looking at the frost tree.
    Naus' Armoury - Armoury

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=f7leD7sXdQaAL.9i7.deathknight

Runic Power Mastery is kinda on the fence right now, depending on the new Rune system, I'll test it out in Beta later.

Quote Originally Posted by Naus View Post
    You know you missed Rime right. 45% chance to clear the CD and make it cost no runes is a very powerful dps boost, probably much more than what you get from Necrosis. Depending how fast frost does generate RP getting Chill of the Grave might be worth to pump out those extra frost strikes. BUT it might be such a small dps boost that its not worth it.

Vicious Strikes seems like a waste of points to me, for a frost build. The reason: you will be PSing every 45 seconds. You open with outbreak (applies both diseases) then you IS, PS when you need to refresh.

But thats what I got from briefly looking at the frost tree.
    Rime is more of a AoE talent if im not wrong and it's not used during single target dpsing, and to Naus im thinking that some similair glyph to pestilence would exist and the specc is based at such assumptions. ofcourse if this wasn't the case you would be right

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrol View Post
    Rime is more of a AoE talent if im not wrong and it's not used during single target dpsing, and to Naus im thinking that some similair glyph to pestilence would exist and the specc is based at such assumptions. ofcourse if this wasn't the case you would be right

Rime has always just been free dps, assuming you've got the GCD's to use it, but until we know how the rotations are going to look, we'll see. It's also works with both Howling blast and icy touch now

No need to spec into Vicious strike since you're frost. Also take out 2 points from Imp. Frost presence so you should have 4 free points now. Use 3 for Rime (definitely a huge dps increase) and 1 to fill up Necrosis.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You'd wanna unspecc out of Frost Presence and Imp use 3 on rime 1 on filling Necrosis
    Insert Signiture here.

Why would he want to take points out fo imp frost pres. its a 5% dps increase for 2 points, if anything I'd take the 2 points out of vicious stikes and merciless combat and put them into rime and finish necrosis.

wait am i missing something here ? Merciless Combat will grant me 12% frost strike damage when the target is under 35%HP how is that a bad thing and not better than rime since most of the fights are going to be single target based? have to agree about Vicious strikes tho but it would be a waste to not use 1 point in rime after getting necrosis up and if the pestilence way of reapplying our diseases Vicious strikes would probably even result in a hihger damage output end result than rime and even HB since it's not going to be used much

You all are crazy, just go 2h frost! Besides, there is a decent iLvl 272 2hand quest reward for like the 5th quest into Hyjal that probably has more dps than your 2 1handers. I am loving my 30k oblit crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanoble View Post
    You'd wanna unspecc out of Frost Presence and Imp use 3 on rime 1 on filling Necrosis
    As one poster already pointed out it is 5% extra damage. Frost Presence only has a baseline of 10% increased damage, so taking the 2 points puts it on par with the current Blood Presence.

Quote Originally Posted by Pherce View Post
    You all are crazy, just go 2h frost! Besides, there is a decent iLvl 272 2hand quest reward for like the 5th quest into Hyjal that probably has more dps than your 2 1handers. I am loving my 30k oblit crits.

As one poster already pointed out it is 5% extra damage. Frost Presence only has a baseline of 10% increased damage, so taking the 2 points puts it on par with the current Blood Presence.
    the specc will probably be pretty similair in any way tho?

Frost is hilariously bloated at the moment. Nerves of cold steel and threat of thassarian need to be combined. Black ice is too many points for how not so great it is, and imp icy touch -> icy talons -> imp icy talons is still too many points.

I also don't like how many good talents are in low blood. I can't even come up with something decent looking because there's no ideal way to spend only 51 points in frost.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has said that they want us to use Howling Blast more often. And since they're going to buff our abilities to compensate for a slower overall rotation, Rime is a must, AoE situation or not. Take 3 out of Virulence and put them into Rime. Especially since the new Howling Blast will only cost 1 frost rune.

A little off-topic: Anyone know why they put in that 2-h frost talent? I had always believed since they put in Threat of Thassarian that frost was dual-wield all day every day. I haven't tried it yet, but are there enough points in frost to even get to that tier without the dual-wield talents?
    Reality is subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by McSuk View Post
    Blizzard has said that they want us to use Howling Blast more often. And since they're going to buff our abilities to compensate for a slower overall rotation, Rime is a must, AoE situation or not. Take 3 out of Virulence and put them into Rime. Especially since the new Howling Blast will only cost 1 frost rune.

A little off-topic: Anyone know why they put in that 2-h frost talent? I had always believed since they put in Threat of Thassarian that frost was dual-wield all day every day. I haven't tried it yet, but are there enough points in frost to even get to that tier without the dual-wield talents?
    There are. In fact the tree is even more bloated from the dual wield perspective.

The problem is, the best 2h build possible would likely require BCB and 2h spec, giving you very little options for talents in unholy.
    2h spec needs to be first tier blood, and BCB 2nd tier, if they want to keep them in that tree. Tier 1 blood sucks terribly for trying to access DPS talents in tiers 2 and 3.

e: in making blood the tank tree blizzard decided they wanted to give frost the option between 2h and DW again. There's a blue post somewhere to this effect out there. Whether or not this was successful we'll have to wait and see about.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kerwyn View Post
    There are. In fact the tree is even more bloated from the dual wield perspective.

The problem is, the best 2h build possible would likely require BCB and 2h spec, giving you very little options for talents in unholy.
    2h spec needs to be first tier blood, and BCB 2nd tier, if they want to keep them in that tree. Tier 1 blood sucks terribly for trying to access DPS talents in tiers 2 and 3.
    Let's hope Blizzard makes a clear-cut path for sub-specs for frost, in that case.
    Still apprehensive towards 2-h frost, though.
    Reality is subjective.

Thanks for all the feedback so far : ) i hope the thread will continue on and end up producing more feedback towards this specific talent tree

Quote Originally Posted by Nekrol View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback so far : ) i hope the thread will continue on and end up producing more feedback towards this specific talent tree
    Unfortunately feedback on the trees as they are now is pretty pointless since everyone is getting gutted and rebuilt within a few weeks.