Thread: Arp to crit

Arp to crit

I am currently sitting above 100% arpen.

WIth the new AP- Agi = crit
    Arpen- Crit

I have a feeling I will be above 100% crit considering I am at 50% unbuffed at the moment.
    Do you think we will be crit based in cata?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's becoming crit if crit's not already on the piece; haste otherwise.

In any case, the value of crit rating is dropping massively, so your crit will probably begin dropping in huge chunks every level (if not at 80, depending on how they do the numbers).

I am just wondering if DBW becomes kinda worthless.

:-/ I thought it was all getting shifted into Master rating.. At least all the ArPen gems are becoming Mastery gems..

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the 'Fractured' red gems are now mastery. I don't see us getting stats nerfed, as the entire point of this expansion is better damage output through gear rather than levels.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman80 View Post
    :-/ I thought it was all getting shifted into Master rating.. At least all the ArPen gems are becoming Mastery gems..
    ArP gems are becoming Mastery because it's a. a red stat and b. they won't change what the actual gems you have socketed are. Actual ArP equips are becoming crit, unless the item has ArP/crit already, then it will become haste (so X/ArP becomes X/crit and crit/ArP becomes crit/haste). DBW won't become worthless, the proc will still be better than WFS's...so DWB+STS will probably still be the best trinkets, although HWT might be better if hunters scale more with haste than crit (maybe for Marks/BM, but not Survival).

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmreiter View Post
    ArP gems are becoming Mastery because it's a. a red stat and b. they won't change what the actual gems you have socketed are. Actual ArP equips are becoming crit, unless the item has ArP/crit already, then it will become haste (so X/ArP becomes X/crit and crit/ArP becomes crit/haste). DBW won't become worthless, the proc will still be better than WFS's...so DWB+STS will probably still be the best trinkets, although HWT might be better if hunters scale more with haste than crit (maybe for Marks/BM, but not Survival).
    And all of the trinkets mentioned will probably be replaced by quest/dungeon drops by the time you hit 83 ^^;;

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmreiter View Post
    Actually, they mentioned earlier in the Alpha (Not sure if it's been changed or not), that they were changing the colors of some gems. They said Intellect would be Red (Which makes sense considering it's a primary stat now and not a secondary). ArP was more of a secondary stat, so there's no guarantee it will become Mastery or a Red gem. In fact, they never said ti was becoming Mastery. They did say ArP would become either Crit or Haste however.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buttspawn View Post
    Actually, they mentioned earlier in the Alpha (Not sure if it's been changed or not), that they were changing the colors of some gems. They said Intellect would be Red (Which makes sense considering it's a primary stat now and not a secondary). ArP was more of a secondary stat, so there's no guarantee it will become Mastery or a Red gem. In fact, they never said ti was becoming Mastery. They did say ArP would become either Crit or Haste however.
    The Fractured gems in the beta are all mastery now.

EDIT: Scratch that, I must've misread it somewhere. Wowhead says they're all yellow crit gems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deadman80 View Post
    And all of the trinkets mentioned will probably be replaced by quest/dungeon drops by the time you hit 83 ^^;;
    I refuse to replace DBW until I get another trinket that can turn me into some badass creatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    I refuse to replace DBW until I get another trinket that can turn me into some badass creatures.
    dbw will forever be in my bank!

as of right now in the beta, all my armpen gems turned into yellow crit gems.

Regem inc.

---------- Post added 2010-07-05 at 04:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Yeah, the 'Fractured' red gems are now mastery.
    I read from beta testers all their ArP gems were converted to yellow crit gems.