Worried about Prot in Cata

Ive noticed one thing thats gotten me worried.. and i need someone to shed some light on this.

http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=20925

As you can see, Holy shield has the 6% crit reduction.
    But tanking massive amounts of mobs where you get more than a block per second, this will drop off and leave us vulnerable.

Am I reading that right? Because if I am, im a bit worried.

EDIT: Never mind, Im a divvy. It doesnt have 8 charges anymore. Still, were at a disadvantage to other tanking classes, just in the slight case that it might drop off

EDIT 2: Or am I right in thinking this is a toggle ability now? In which case, why is it being changed sio much and why isnt it just incorparated into RF?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you read the blue post on the front page, they said the crit reduction is passive.
    "You little hoochees!" - Daos, Lord of Terror

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    "NEENER-NEENER RETS ARE WIENERS."

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    The crit immunity is a permanent passive for spec'ing that deep into the tree.(Source)
    I'm not sure why it's rolled into Holy Shield, other than they want all tanks to get their Uncrittable status (the 6% crit reduction) at or around the same levels, and Holy Shield just happens to be in the right place for that. I'd rather see it rolled into a different talent, both to save on some of the confusion (as evidenced by your own post) and because it seems silly to just tack a passive effect on to an Active ability.

My guess is, this is just a temporary thing thrown together for the Beta Test. It's fairly obvious that the Paladin talent trees have barely been touched at all. As usual, I expect Paladins to be nebulous at best right up until Cataclysm Launches, if not after.... but most certainly screwed up nice and good for all of 4.0.
    - Renowned expert in the field of Paladinery -
    - & Author of -
    The Highly Acclaimed "Reinvention" Threads
    North Lordaeron - Stratholme
    - Angor Coast-

Uhm, is it just me or isn't there any charges or duration on that page?

5% block seems very little for something with charges as well, it sounds a lot more like a Righteous Fury kind of buff than what we have today.

EDIT: This meaning that Holy Shield will be a passive buff.

Blizzard already said that holy shield will have no charges and a longer duration so that you wont have to refresh it
    I assume that the tooltip is just a bit wonky and holy shield be be active permanently until death. That explains why it only provides 5% and such little damage
    The way it is now, it's a passive ability that does nothing by itself and relies on mobs hitting you, but needs to be refreshed every 10 seconds
    Also dont forget that block reduces damage from the attack by 30% (some more with the mastery bonus)so it's only natural that we will ne longer have 40% block all of the time and 70% some of the time

10+ Year Old Account
    okay I can understand the changes to HS, I mean being able to increase block by 30% basically all the time would be pretty imba, esspecially as we're able to block ~45% of all damage (30% base + 16(?)% from mastery)

but what about shield block? http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=2565 100% block chance for 10sec with a 1min (40sec talented) CD? add in Critical Block (30ish% chance to block 60% instead of 30) and.... can you really see anyone whose not a warrior tank getting the MT slot? or has this been confirmed for a change?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    okay I can understand the changes to HS, I mean being able to increase block by 30% basically all the time would be pretty imba, esspecially as we're able to block ~45% of all damage (30% base + 16(?)% from mastery)

but what about shield block? http://cata.wowhead.com/spell=2565 100% block chance for 10sec with a 1min (40sec talented) CD? add in Critical Block (30ish% chance to block 60% instead of 30) and.... can you really see anyone whose not a warrior tank getting the MT slot? or has this been confirmed for a change?
    Well, I guess we'll keep Redoubt, though I do agree Shield Block seems rather powerful if it isn't going to be changed.

Paladins will be reducing damage more constantly than Warriors, whereas they will have a chance of very spiky reduction, from what it looks like at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

gona be cahnged my gues...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KandyCane View Post
    Paladins will be reducing damage more constantly than Warriors, whereas they will have a chance of very spiky reduction, from what it looks like at the moment.
    True true, given that Shield Block will be changed (it really can't go live like that) then pallies and warriors are in a pretty even position, block wise, and tbh I'd say pallies are maybe SLIGHTLY ahead, as I don't know about you but I'd rather have a small increase all the time than a chance to block double every so often. Now we just need to see some updated changes to our talent tree and I can start planning ahead. Anyone know what's happening to Ardent Defender? witht he removal of defense how does it work (or does it work at all) on the beta?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30