Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Video] Twin Peaks Battlegrounds

Beta B12319 Twin peaks bg on live servers
    Short video after a long wait in que, my thoughts and comments (and a higher quality downloadable video so you can see people's hp and stuff) in the comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADj23xl1ddg

It is beta so they may add more to it later.

p.s.Not the most amazing pvp'er! Getting used to non infinite spammable shots takes effort to getting used to ;/

graphics look decent

As done by cazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome video thanks for sharing. Twin Peaks looks great.

Just to clarify, everyone was wearing pve gear there, right?

add some more
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoushii View Post
    Awesome video thanks for sharing. Twin Peaks looks great.

Just to clarify, everyone was wearing pve gear there, right?

no, some people were wearing pvp gear, although it really won't help vs people that have been "cata buffed" up

I'm sure resilience receives the same degeneration as every other stat, and vs something like my aimed shot (with talents 89% crit on a target over 90% hp) well.. it still crits them for 27-29K range (31-33K with no resilience 37-42K berserk)

YESSSS A HUNTER ON BETA... I need to get into this as a hunter myself... new class energy mechanic... Yea alot of hunters need to be playing this and test this.. Like myself =D tehehehe

Edit: Omg a clicker fail -.- I wana get my full wrathful hunter on there and play that bg all day long... 20k crit with aimed shot... holy shit
    Last edited by Pounced; 2010-07-03 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yourcatdead View Post
    Please quit posting. Annoying as fuck when someone ignores the whole video just to comment if they click.
    Lawl k bro get mad I can see he clicks in the 1st 5 seconds and then resume paying attention to the scenery ..... Nice vid tyvm for the Preview and Cat you prob click too so u would take offense to this.

Edit: Oh yea how was ignoring it when I saw what kind of dmg his shots did and what he killed.. I like the bridge in the mid btw should be some epic fights in there... Lol ur post makes no sense how I ignored the whole vid? You please stop posting and think things through before you comment on my posts and trying to make a point that Doesn't even exist.

Once again Nice vid and How dose focus feel for a energy mechanic. Dose it feel deprived Or can u bust out shots that u wanna get out before you go to steadies while everything is on Cd? Oh and Are the Venoms De Buffs Or Poisons? Alot of people are wondering if Our Ms is dispel able or not.

Edit 2: Oh yea btw u said somthing but not being able to spam shots wait till aspect of the fox with the first 5 points in bm + 30% regen Ftw! =D and autoshot while moving to ofc
    Last edited by Pounced; 2010-07-03 at 05:32 AM.

That battleground might become my new favorite, next to AB

With the energy mechanic, pretty much I'm limited to 2 "big shots" rest after that is steadyshot/auto shot. As we all know, when you hit people and they come at you, standing still to steady shot really isn't a good idea.. so you run.. constantly... forever ;/

Aspect of the fox will.. basically "always" have to be on for pvp, I guess it will be the aspect of the pvp you could say :P

energy mechanic makes you a short burst cannon thats about it for now

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your name can be seen, if Blizzard finds the video you may lose your beta or worse, as far as I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pounced View Post
    Lawl k bro get mad I can see he clicks in the 1st 5 seconds and then resume paying attention to the scenery ..... Nice vid tyvm for the Preview and Cat you prob click too so u would take offense to this.

Edit: Oh yea how was ignoring it when I saw what kind of dmg his shots did and what he killed.. I like the bridge in the mid btw should be some epic fights in there... Lol ur post makes no sense how I ignored the whole vid? You please stop posting and think things through before you comment on my posts and trying to make a point that Doesn't even exist.

Once again Nice vid and How dose focus feel for a energy mechanic. Dose it feel deprived Or can u bust out shots that u wanna get out before you go to steadies while everything is on Cd? Oh and Are the Venoms De Buffs Or Poisons? Alot of people are wondering if Our Ms is dispel able or not.

Edit 2: Oh yea btw u said somthing but not being able to spam shots wait till aspect of the fox with the first 5 points in bm + 30% regen Ftw! =D and autoshot while moving to ofc
    really? ... why would you go out of your way to insult someone cuase they click seriously WHY CANT PEOPLE PLAY HOW THEY WANT SO WHAT IF BINDINGS IS BETTER!! PEOPLE WILL CHOOSE HOW THEY WANT TO PLAY FOR GODS SAKE

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Your name can be seen, if Blizzard finds the video you may lose your beta or worse, as far as I know.
    Why..? isn't NDA lifted? this isn't like datamined stuff no? just something that's in beta currently.. don't see why he could lose his beta over this.

Guess hunter will be a lot more Focus/CD reliant then. For a real burst you'll prolly want to use rapid fire or that one talent in the BM tree that regenerates 50 focus instantly. And maybe macro hawk to steady/cobra shot and fox for anything else when in pvp.
    I just hope our non cooldown reliant burst will be good enough to put out pressure in things like arena fights.

Yea the thing that gives back 50 instant focus from Bm IMO isnt worth specing into if ur marks. You really need to go down into survival to get your 30% instant dmg when serp sting is appd. When u do use rapid fire tho Rapid recoup will give back some steady focus + like I said before No one has Fox yet so rlly ur not getting the Focus gen. Also the whole auto shot part of fox is really nice cuss ofc u can sit there and spam casts all day. For pvp IMO LnL in Surv tree is a must also to get 2 arcane shots that cost no Focus is amazing cuss it helps you put out steady dmg.... Serp sting widow Chimera aimed frost trap arcane arcane chimera aimed then some CObra shots maybe

Edit: http://www.wowtal.com/#k=iuEUttK3n-LPLP.9i7.hunter as of right now IMO that spec right there will be the best marks Pvp spec. As of right now. Prob gonna change stuff but yea I see no better spec ATM statistically.

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=ulOanpO3oO7NiF.9i7.hunter is a nice survival Pvp spec also Not to sure bout it but I like how it looks. Only real way I can see getting rediness which is going to be amazing for survival hunters since they are lacking it atm + the new tallent where it spell reflects =D Gonna be sweetttt. 4/5 in that tallent in Bm tree cuss u need that point for rediness which is reallllyy more beneficial. 2% regen wont hurt so bad.
    Last edited by Pounced; 2010-07-03 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pounced View Post
    Yea the thing that gives back 50 instant focus from Bm IMO isnt worth specing into if ur marks. You really need to go down into survival to get your 30% instant dmg when serp sting is appd. When u do use rapid fire tho Rapid recoup will give back some steady focus + like I said before No one has Fox yet so rlly ur not getting the Focus gen. Also the whole auto shot part of fox is really nice cuss ofc u can sit there and spam casts all day. For pvp IMO LnL in Surv tree is a must also to get 2 arcane shots that cost no Focus is amazing cuss it helps you put out steady dmg.... Serp sting widow Chimera aimed frost trap arcane arcane chimera aimed then some CObra shots maybe

Edit: http://www.wowtal.com/#k=iuEUttK3n-LPLP.9i7.hunter as of right now IMO that spec right there will be the best marks Pvp spec. As of right now. Prob gonna change stuff but yea I see no better spec ATM statistically.

Yeah true about the BM part. I just looked at it thought it was nice, but if you think of LnL now with focus and everything, having shots that don't cost focus will be a godsend. About aspect of the fox though, the main part I'd use it for is the focus regeneration bonus, if you practice to stagger kite (stop for like 0.1 second to shoot an autoshot whenever the autoshot timer is ready to shoot) you don't really need an aspect to shoot autoshots on the run.

Can you let us know though if you can burst enough (with and without LnL considering not every hunter will have it) with focus as the hunter resource. Since I'm loving about everything they're changing with hunters the only thing I'm scared off is that we won't be able to put out enough pressure without cooldowns that give focus back, LnL or while standing still with AotHawk on.

wtf 1:51 in the vid, lv82 worgen?

I'll try out that spec later on.

yes the alpha -> beta worg/goblin levels weren't reset so there ar emany Lv 82 worg :P (mines 52 ;/ )

If u use traps ull find u like that spec more + ull like the instant dmg from serp sting again =D ..... I cant wait to throw widow venom up tho omg 15% self heals all day... I asked before I gusse u didnt catch it gulk are the venoms debuffs or poisons

venom and I believe it can be dispelled also atm

I'll be making a 2nd video with the combat log scrolling so you can see what damage people are putting out.
    and yeah forgot all about serpent sting, it was buffed recently.

on live servers it ticked for like 200-300 which.. vs someone at like 40K HP won't mean much... but now it ticks for about 1.2K and crits for 3.5K by itself.

problem is also...! energy costs :P

Yea I can the prob with energy but with serp sting glyph like on live and the 30% dmg tallent no reason why it should be used in unison with Chimera shot.

did another twin peaks.. only 2 hour que!

Notes.. explosive shot didn't hurt me much... ( I wear full pve gear) lv82 hunter hit me 3 X 3.5-4K
    Sting doesn't seem to crit ever.. does about 700-900
    My chimera shot crits are 16-18K (you no longer get that 2nd hit "if serpent sting is on mob proc" anymore so....) its only purpose now is to refresh stings/venoms.
    aimed shot (no buffs) crits 27-31K
    arcane shot 10-13K

I've made a LONG video with combat text scrolling so you can see how much people are healing/doing of each class etc (will be awhile before can post it)

overall.. i like my aimed shot XD

can't wait to see what it does at 85...!
    Last edited by gulkeeva; 2010-07-03 at 10:30 PM.