Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

lvl 80 greens vs 277 epics

So ive been looking at the new items, ill take http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/75260/ as example, lvl 79 (lol) shoulders.
    Now compare the stats to http://cata.wowhead.com/item=51155.
    Other lvl 80-81 greens have similar stats and lvl 81 blues are a great upgrade to anything from wotlk. Yes this includes that odd lvl 81 blue quest reward sword that will replace shadowmourne.

See what i mean?

Green lvl 80 items i can craft right off the bat will replace my 264 epics.
    As i see it by the time i reach lvl 81 i will probably have replaced all my 6500-gearscore wotlk pimped mage with the greens and blues.

Yeah i know its a huge stat inflation but i thought my epics would last till lvl 84-85.
    The ratings will be a bitch tho, i bet as soon as i step to 81 my 40% unbuffed haste will go down to 30% or something...

I like it tho, seeing my power grow on an hourly basis, seeing my spellpower and health rising. Its gonna be fun

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your epics from WOTLK should 'suck' in Cataclysm. Gear reset, me like

i think they raise the stats so much because we need to learn how mastery and stuff works aswell as they said somewhere that hey will try to be more careful with itemlvl changes between raid content so that might have something to do with it.

At the start of BC the first quest you got rewarded you with gear that was so much better than any epic obtainable at level 60, it wasnt until wrath that they calmed down the scaleing of gear. You shouldnt be suprised that now we have to cover what we used to do in 10 levels, in 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by AWolf
    The first rule of Bolvar as Lich King is... You do not talk about Bolvar as Lich King.

Having the same gear for the whole leveling process would be boring. I dont care how much time i spent on my ICC gear I dont want to not get anything new the whole leveling process

It's actually fun running around in greens again. We have that 'LOL IMA NOOB!' feeling again, and I LOVE it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by frag971 View Post
    So ive been looking at the new items, ill take http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/75260/ as example, lvl 79 (lol) shoulders.
    Now compare the stats to http://cata.wowhead.com/item=51155.
    Other lvl 80-81 greens have similar stats and lvl 81 blues are a great upgrade to anything from wotlk. Yes this includes that odd lvl 81 blue quest reward sword that will replace shadowmourne.

See what i mean?

Green lvl 80 items i can craft right off the bat will replace my 264 epics.
    As i see it by the time i reach lvl 81 i will probably have replaced all my 6500-gearscore wotlk pimped mage with the greens and blues.

Yeah i know its a huge stat inflation but i thought my epics would last till lvl 84-85.
    The ratings will be a bitch tho, i bet as soon as i step to 81 my 40% unbuffed haste will go down to 30% or something...

I like it tho, seeing my power grow on an hourly basis, seeing my spellpower and health rising. Its gonna be fun
    And there we see the reason for this thread... Very bad way to brag about gear mate

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeToast View Post
    At the start of BC the first quest you got rewarded you with gear that was so much better than any epic obtainable at level 60, it wasnt until wrath that they calmed down the scaleing of gear. You shouldnt be suprised that now we have to cover what we used to do in 10 levels, in 5.
    untrue, BC quest rewards did not out do vanilla wow T2-3 epics, rings, trinkets. you need to seriously look them up from AQ40, Naxx, etc. players/guilds in T2-3 ripped to 70 fast, in many cases started heriocs and didn't replace them till they got badges or started kara.

WotLK quest rewards didn't immediately trounce BC T5-6 either. players/guilds went into NAXX-80 in BC T-6. i have a 70 twink rogue and do 70-79 BG brackets, my daggers trounce all the daggers up to 78, unless some 78's grinded kaluak rep, etc.

it appears that cataclysm will be different

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will admit that, at the time, replacing my vanilla epics with quest reward and dundeon blues/occasional greens in BC seemed kinda sucky. and the outland clown costume effect was weird.

However, with experience, I have found that I much preferred that to Wrath's model, where you hang on to your BC epics for some time, and everything looks 'good', most gear has the same design scheme, and green drops look like they fit in a set with dungeon blues. This lead to the 'everyone looks the same' syndrome we have now, and in many ways I find that worse than the outland clown syndrome.7

just imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    untrue, BC quest rewards did not out do vanilla wow T2-3 epics, rings, trinkets. you need to seriously look them up from AQ40, Naxx, etc. players/guilds in T2-3 ripped to 70 fast, in many cases started heriocs and didn't replace them till they got badges or started kara.

WotLK quest rewards didn't immediately trounce BC T5-6 either. players/guilds went into NAXX-80 in BC T-6. i have a 70 twink rogue and do 70-79 BG brackets, my daggers trounce all the daggers up to 78, unless some 78's grinded kaluak rep, etc.

it appears that cataclysm will be different
    Wrong: Full Dragonstalkers (T2 hunter) was replaced by lv 63 and maybe 2 guilds worth of ppl per server has t3 when BC was released due to the late release of vanilla naxx 40

Right about the scale from BC to LK though

Quote Originally Posted by RoknarKorgath View Post
    Wrong: Full Dragonstalkers (T2 hunter) was replaced by lv 63 and maybe 2 guilds worth of ppl per server has t3 when BC was released due to the late release of vanilla naxx 40

Right about the scale from BC to LK though
    Wrong.
    In naxx you could get 95 dps 2h weapon, while lvl 70 normal instance blue weapons were 93 dps.....
    If your server was slow on Naxx, it doesnt mean all servers were so slow.

T1/2 - yes, they got replaced, naxx/aq40 stayed quite a while.

lvl 64 green weapons had less dps than bwl weapons.

But given the availiblity of these epics, which required much more timed to obtain then in wrath or BC, it would take just as long to get full t1/t2 as it does to get full 264/277 gear. t3 was on another level all together.
    Quote Originally Posted by AWolf
    The first rule of Bolvar as Lich King is... You do not talk about Bolvar as Lich King.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dakeshi View Post
    And there we see the reason for this thread... Very bad way to brag about gear mate
    Why would i brag to you, "Mr. #53423425 forum guy", im just saying that even the best geared people with the best epics will replace their gear right off the bat unlike what we've seen so far with TBC and WLK.

My only two wishes is that they would add some pieces with sockets. Not all gear, just a couple of items from a couple of quests at low lvls and 81-84.

10+ Year Old Account
    AAAAnd the lack of epics from anything but raids and crafting will be nice as well.
    NO OGRES, NO MORE ELVES, NO FURBOLG, NO EMRALD DREAM, NO REHASHED OLD CONTENT, NO DEMON HUNTER!
    Get the point? Give us something NEW for Groms sake!

Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    It's actually fun running around in greens again. We have that 'LOL IMA NOOB!' feeling again, and I LOVE it.
    this

I like the jump from vanilla to BC everytime I have a toon that hits it. As someone said before, the huge change in power and health makes everyone feel like a badass!

I think another reason blizzard is reverting to this sort of transition between xpacs is because they designed all these quests and rewards from 80-85, blizzard doesn't want all quest rewards to just be vendor greens. They want players to be excited to do a quest because the rewards are a great upgrade!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverfang
    so kids just ninja, the friendships are temporary mounts are forever.

Dev post says that since there are only 5 levels this expansion, the jump in power from level 80-81 for example should be a considerable increase.

My Naxx 40 gear wasn't replaced until Kara. I think one or two AQ40 items got replaced by BC heroics.

That said, I'm disappointed the gear reset is going to be SO soon. Looking at the comparison between ICC 25 Heroic epics, and cata 80 blues, I'm guessing even Shadowmourne won't make it past level 81. We're crafting gear from the fossilized blood of an old god, and wielding weapons personally owned by Kael'thas, Uther, the ranger generals of Silvermoon, etc., and it gets replaced by a gnarled tree branch discarded from the leftovers of Cenarius' lunch and some burnt out scraps of leather and twine pulled from the carcass of a dead bear found on the side of the road on the way to the nearest inn.

In spite of my being completely decked out in ICC25 gear, this WILL be a refreshing change. MY ICC gear may not be carried into my second or third level in catacylsm, but my experiences and skill gained from raiding so much will, and that's all that matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love that my ICC gear won't go with me to my first raid in the new expansion like it did with BC to Wrath, remember still having some BC gear hitting up my first Naxx 25. A green beating my ICC 25 gear makes it feels like a fresh start again.
    Doctor Octopus : 80 Asura Warrior
    Captain McNuggets : 80 Human Mesmer
    Professor McNuggets : 36 Asura Engineer
    General McNuggets: 11 Sylvari Thief