15+ Year Old Account

Thrall and Cairne.

I quit WoW for quite a while, and quit going on mmo-champion, so I don't know if I missed something.

Before I quit there were rumors that Cairne died there was nothing about Thrall, just that Garrosh was to be the new warchief. Has there been anything stated to what happened to them? Is Cairne really dead? Thrall the new guardian or something? What happened?

Thrall left to do some shamany things and Cairne is assassinated by Magatha Grimtotem via poison.

15+ Year Old Account
    I just read about it on WoWiki, is there going to be an event or quest on that?

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    I just read about it on WoWiki, is there going to be an event or quest on that?
    Thrall is captured by SI:7 and the goblin starters rescue him. As for anything past Azshara, I don't know.

From what I have seen, there are several quests that have to do with honoring Cairne's death, but I have not personally seen any info on any of the tauren starter quests.

From what I've read here and some other places, Garrosh somehow has SI:7 kidnap Thrall, prompting Cairne to challenge him to a duel. Cairne loses, and is unable to recover due to the fact that Magatha has been poisoning him all these years.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hearded that Thrall is the new Guardian of Tirisfal.
    Then why is garrosh dealing with forsaken problems...

Quote Originally Posted by Taziri View Post
    From what I've read here and some other places, Garrosh somehow has SI:7 kidnap Thrall, prompting Cairne to challenge him to a duel. Cairne loses, and is unable to recover due to the fact that Magatha has been poisoning him all these years.
    Garrosh tries to over throw the Horde's leadership? Why would he purposely injure Cairne so that he would die from his inability to recover because of the Grimtotem's poison? Why would the Grimtotem then assist the Alliance in Stonetalon if Garrosh is so buddy buddy with the Grimtotem? And why on earth would Garrosh try to have Thrall captured when Thrall is one of the only people that actually trusts and believes in him? It doesn't add up.

I would go as far as to say he isn't smart enough for a coup. Though... there seems to be a rather suspicious looking blood elf at his side... maybe she has something to do with all this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Taziri View Post
    I'm starting to really hate the lore behind this angle taken. Cairne loses due to a cheap technicality and that angle makes no sense either. Why not just have Thrall appoint Garrosh reluctantly and others ride the wave, see how he pans out? Cairne dying is utterly ridiculous in the manner they are suggesting. I hope some of this is false.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I hearded that Thrall is the new Guardian of Tirisfal.
    Then why is garrosh dealing with forsaken problems...
    Thrall is NOT the new Guardian of Tirisfal

1. Because Tirisfal is not the location of the guardian council anymore
    2. Because of a little thing we like to call Med'an. he's already the new guardian Thrall wasn't even considered for the job

15+ Year Old Account
    People need to stop saying these rumors are credible. There's no source for Garrosh having SI:7 capture Thrall. All that's known right now - here are the real facts.

Cairne is poisoned by Magatha - Baine is new Tauren leader
    Thrall gave the Warchief title to Garrosh - presumably because he was going back to join the Earthen Ring for the time being

Oh, and on Me'dan - FROM an interview with Metzen and Afrasiabi:

Q: What role, if any, will Med'an play in Cataclysm?
    A: Med'an will not be visible in Cataclysm; something else is keeping him occupied.

THANK FUCKING GOD.

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Long story short;

Cairne dies of poisoning and Thrall becomes a prophet.
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    This talk of Garrosh having something to do with SI:7 is kneejerk nonsense gossip. It makes absolutely no sense for a plethora of reasons, and all it is based on is Thrall having a goblin bring Garrosh a SI:7 badge and Garrosh looking distraught. Lot's of possible explanations for it, and lots of possible places they could take it. But people are jumping to the least sensible conclusion for God knows what reason. Yeah, Garrosh and Varian joined forced to take out Thrall...lol.

SI:7 is pretty much the alliance secret service... of course Garrosh is distraught when he gets proof that they are interfering with horde so close to him.

Besides, he's not the kind of guy to collaborate with the enemy. Old Garrosh would just have killed them off, new Garrosh places to much weight on honor to do it.

To be honest, I dont really think Garrosh is behind any of this. After what I've seen he seems more honorable, he is kinda turning like his father.
    So I'm going to give him the benefitial of doubt until the quest(s) are released.
    I have my hopes up for him.

If you go through the Troll Starting zone (TotalBiscuit has done a video of it on his youtube channel) There is a conversation shown in it between Vol'jin and Garrosh. In which Garrosh acts like a total moose without Honour (Yes. honor with a U.) At the end there is also, according to TB, a cinematic-ish moment between Thrall and the Player/Vol'jin but it isn't implimented yet.

Looking forward to it though.

15+ Year Old Account
    This thread is like days old, and I know what happened now.

Garrosh isn't behind anything, if you do the Goblin quests it even shows that Thrall tells the goblin leader that they will now join the horde under the leadership of Garrosh. So Thrall chose Garrosh.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sintakhra View Post
    If you go through the Troll Starting zone (TotalBiscuit has done a video of it on his youtube channel) There is a conversation shown in it between Vol'jin and Garrosh. In which Garrosh acts like a total moose without Honour (Yes. honor with a U.) At the end there is also, according to TB, a cinematic-ish moment between Thrall and the Player/Vol'jin but it isn't implimented yet.
    Another example of kneejerk nonsense. Garrosh tells Vol'jin "not to talk back to him", and Vol'jin promises to commit regicide, and Garrosh is the one acting without honour? Whatever. Plenty of people are bound to stay on the Garrosh-Hate bandwagon no matter what. But taking a conversation with Vol'jin out of context to prove Garrosh has no honour, despite everything else we learning about him that says the contrary, is rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarog View Post
    Another example of kneejerk nonsense. Garrosh tells Vol'jin "not to talk back to him", and Vol'jin promises to commit regicide, and Garrosh is the one acting without honour? Whatever. Plenty of people are bound to stay on the Garrosh-Hate bandwagon no matter what. But taking a conversation with Vol'jin out of context to prove Garrosh has no honour, despite everything else we learning about him that says the contrary, is rubbish.
    I think the big problem is none of the other Horde leaders really respect Garrosh like they respect Thrall. Which is why Vol'jin is saying he's going to kill him and, if you've seen the video, he consults Thrall at the end about what he should do regarding Garrosh. He doesn't want to leave the Horde but he doesn't feel like Garrosh is going to lead them down a good path. Sylvanas is basically all "screw you" to Garrosh's face whereas she seemed pretty buddy-buddy with Thrall(at least to the point where she wouldn't disobey an order from him).

Can't comment regarding the Tauren or Blood Elves though.
    Last edited by gunner_recall; 2010-07-05 at 07:11 PM.