Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hemorrhagic Fever, a Disease?

title says it. does anyone know if Hemorrhagic Fever will be a third disease for blood?
    both the name and the tooltip ("afflict enemies with Hemorrhagic Fever") sound like it's a disease.
    but considering death strike would heal and absorb 50% more (beeing at 52.5% combined heal and absorb without mastery rating, per strike) i can't really see that coming^^

so, can anyone confirm wheter it's a disease or a physical debuff in the latest beta build?

Deleted
    It's been discussed in those Tank Spec Threads. HMF was a Disease in Alpha, in the first Beta build it was changed and is now... Well nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    thought so. thanks for the info

Ok, I've reserched some stuff and noticed that. Demo shout is changing to reduce damage done by 10%, vindication is also changed to reduce damage done by 10%, so from what I see this is another measure of homogenization among tanks.
    Hemorrahagic Fever is just the DK version of reducing boss physical damage by 10%. It won't be a disease since then unholy will lose some of its uniqueness, after all UH is specialized in diseases and has 3 of them to augment its damage.

It being a disease wouldn't really make Unholy lose any of its uniqueness. Unholy's diseases would still be a million times more potent. All a third one would do for Blood is increase the damage of HS/BCB/DS... that's it, and it would increase their damage by no more per talent point than Might of Mograine.

If not a disease, the talent needs to be changed somehow. A passive 1/2% stam or damage reduction or something. Why would a DK spend two talent points on what a warrior/druid/warlock can provide for free, especially considering it has to slightly mess up our rotation (BB on a single target?) to be used? Making it a disease, like it was and like the name of fever implies, would give it that personal incentive it needs by making it a decent (although certainly not overpowered) threat talent in addition to a utility one.

Quote Originally Posted by Considerit View Post
    A passive 1/2% stam or damage reduction or something. Why would a DK spend two talent points on what a warrior/druid/warlock can provide for free
    Two Words: Raid Setup... especially in 10mans its easy that you run without a warrior or druid tank and show me a warlock who uses curse of weakness... also in "council fights" the other tank is too far away to debuff your target.

CoW will be a perfectly valid option when Agony/Doom are banes, not curses. A warlock won't lose any dps (aside from a single gcd) applying it.

If you're in a raid without any warriors (of any spec), any warlocks (of any spec), any ret paladins, and also one where your other tank doesn't have the debuff (or you're in an encounter where they can't get all of the mobs themselves), then yes it's obviously an excellent talent, but it's very easy to have someone else bring it - and bring it for free at that. There's very, very few who are going to need or want to spec it, although this may not be apparent during beta simply due to the raid-less nature and the higher focus on five mans.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think 2 points are not that much, especially when you now set the last ~3 points in talents where you want anyways. there are a few situations where you don't have another player to care for this debuff. as far as CoW goes, i personally don't like to be dependent on some dps who may be standing in the fire and die at the first few seconds of the encounter xD

also, the "rotation" won't be that srewd up just because you use one bb instead of a hs ervery 30 seconds. the rotation will be more random anyways, bb dmg will be buffed, hs dmg will (relatively) be nerfer on single targets.

i will specc the fever, be it a disease or not. it's not necessary for everyone, but the two points are also not that big of a deal (in cataclysm).

It is a physical debuff.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic View Post
    It is a physical debuff.
    I can confirm this statement is true
    Insert Signiture here.

I really thought that Hemo Fever being a disease really made blood unique. Hmm, Im really hoping that it turns out to be a disease xD

If it is a disease could it be used as a dps increase (4 Disease on the target as unholy)?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Earris View Post
    If it is a disease could it be used as a dps increase (4 Disease on the target as unholy)?
    Go away troll.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackpowder View Post
    I really thought that Hemo Fever being a disease really made blood unique. Hmm, Im really hoping that it turns out to be a disease xD
    yeah, i would like to have it as a "tank disease" too, although the damage and healing (per disease) of our tanking abilities would need to be nerfed quite a bit.
    otherwise the tooltip really needs to be changed, considered the "unholy disease" is called a fever too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    otherwise the tooltip really needs to be changed, considered the "unholy disease" is called a fever too.
    Not to mention, erm... Frost FEVER? [/failed attempt at sarcasm]

Regarding BB being used on a single-target. From what I've been able to gather you'll be using BB all the time, especially with the various talents that let you crank off free ones. I'm pretty sure they are changing it so that BB will be your "threat load" attack over IT. This is also in keeping with how things like Shield Slam work on a proc basis with Sword & Board to give you random times where you can just up your threat by a huge gob if lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    yeah, i would like to have it as a "tank disease" too, although the damage and healing (per disease) of our tanking abilities would need to be nerfed quite a bit.
    You'd have issues when you got lets say multiple DK tanks or other even paladins who put up their AP debuff by merely attacking.
    Things would get overwritten and you'd lose your extra disease.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    You'd have issues when you got lets say multiple DK tanks or other even paladins who put up their AP debuff by merely attacking.
    Things would get overwritten and you'd lose your extra disease.
    Well, i haven't really looked into it that much, but doesn't the current Ebon Plaguebringer mechanic basically solve this problem? and if so, couldn't they just use the same thing for HF?

Personally I'd like to see HF count as a disease, even if they re-worked abilities that are boosted by diseases to end up with basically the same bonus they currently have with 2 diseases.

Why would you want it to a be a Disease... so it can be dispelled in PvP?
    It will always be 2 Diseases for Blood and Frost and 3 for Unholy. That is the design intent of Blizzard at the moment.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldurok View Post
    Well, i haven't really looked into it that much, but doesn't the current Ebon Plaguebringer mechanic basically solve this problem? and if so, couldn't they just use the same thing for HF?
    pretty much this.

Personally I'd like to see HF count as a disease, even if they re-worked abilities that are boosted by diseases to end up with basically the same bonus they currently have with 2 diseases.
    yeah, same here. a tanking disease would let the blood tree as well as the dk tank itself feel even more unique imo

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic View Post
    Why would you want it to a be a Disease... so it can be dispelled in PvP?
    It will always be 2 Diseases for Blood and Frost and 3 for Unholy. That is the design intent of Blizzard at the moment.
    first, i don't pvp as a tank. and if you do, don't you think you would have pretty awesome survivability already? also dispells will work slightly different in cata, espeacially in pvp.

second, to say "it will always be" just because "it always was" is a rather stupid statement, if you are refering to mechanics in a future expansion in which, for example, the talent trees overall, especially the dk ones, get a HUGE revamp, don't you think so? many things will change drastically in cata. although i'd guess it will not be a disease in the end, saying "no, it won't change, because it has not been that way" really makes no sense imo.
    Last edited by Sy; 2010-07-07 at 06:22 PM.