@ fellow rogues...

It would appear ambush has been changed to work with all weapons, rather than just daggers.

Ambush the target, causing 190% weapon damage plus 699.105 to the target (274.93% plus 1011.863 if a dagger is equipped). Must be stealthed and behind the target. Awards 2 combo points.
    60 Energy, 5 yd range, Instant

Thoughts? Maybe a new pvp opener for non-dagger builds?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mace ambush sounds painful.

Deleted
    Yes, I do not like the idea of the new Ambush... And I also do not like what they provide to the rogue class for this expansion.
    Are we still a pure DPS class ? Maybe, since we are still not able to really tank or heal any one, but we received nothing new to DPS... I am certainly not clever enough to understand the design team...
    The more I think, the more I find my Shaman and my Pala interesting.

You arent the only pure thats a little worried about that sort of thing. Its not like any warlock is excited about trash like fel flame or dark intent. And hunters getting Camo....that still confuses the heck out of me, is it supposta be just a lame version of stealth?

Smoke bomb might have some interesting pve potential. Throw one down during a boss fight to avoid damage from things that are blocked by LoS. Not a direct damage increase, but it could make doing damage as a rogue easier.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    You arent the only pure thats a little worried about that sort of thing. Its not like any warlock is excited about trash like fel flame or dark intent. And hunters getting Camo....that still confuses the heck out of me, is it supposta be just a lame version of stealth?

Smoke bomb might have some interesting pve potential. Throw one down during a boss fight to avoid damage from things that are blocked by LoS. Not a direct damage increase, but it could make doing damage as a rogue easier.
    Then that's one fuckin' dumb warlock.Dark Intent and Fel flame are anything but trash.Maybe they're not the newest of concepts but anyone that can't see the value of those spells should just quit WoW.

Dark intent is going to be as big a circle jerk as focus magic is now. Its not fun. Its going to end up just being something one warlock casts on another, who casts it on another, who casts it on the first. It will be a flat stat increase that might as well have been backed into talents. Not needed, not interesting, not helpful.

Fel flame cant do reasonable damage without having a substantial cooldown. The idea of needing a new spell t refresh a single dot might be a slight convenience, I'll give you that. It is simply one that many I have spoken with don't need. Standing still for about one second is usually not the end of the world, the difference in uptime because of having to actually cast a spell(even in a highly mobile situation) is negligible.

Next thing you will be telling me is that shadow flame without its glyph is a wonderful spell we all love and use often.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

On the other hand... what is there left that "pures" actually need to do their primary job, i.e. emptying healthbars? Not much, i'd reckon.

No,and I can see how Dark Intent and Fel Flame may be bland.However bland they may be they're still great tools.
    That's the thing;Rogues get very interesting new abilities that have few uses in PvE situations (except perhaps Redirect).They're great,interesting,but you can bet your ass Blizzard isn't gonna make an encounter where smoke bomb is needed or you fail.It may prove a convenience in such a case but it won't be needed.
    Warlocks get spells that have uses regardless of the situation.Warriors get my Dick-in-a-box :P