Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New cooking dailies (SW)

ugh. I hope these aren't limited to SW and Org. I'm going to hate having to leave TB (where im setting my hearth ofc) just to do a daily like this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Man, Vanilla was so cool, where the final boss of the instance dropped weapons that shared models with blues and greens!
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17076#same-model-as
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17074#same-model-as
    and he went on and listed about 16 more items...truly...a champion for logic

Quote Originally Posted by XemnasXD View Post
    ugh. I hope these aren't limited to SW and Org. I'm going to hate having to leave TB (where im setting my hearth ofc) just to do a daily like this...
    It only takes a minute to fly from tb to org, old world flying, never forget! :-)

Since the reward is a "Stormwind Cooking Award" token, odds are good that the cooking dailies will be limited to SW/Org. Shouldn't be that big a deal since they are being positioned as the main faction cities for Cata content anyway.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you go to Dalaran every time you wanted to do your cooking dailies during Wrath? XD

So..cooking dailies without doing any actual cooking? Weird..

Quote Originally Posted by Tigor View Post
    So..cooking dailies without doing any actual cooking? Weird..

It's not much different from most of the Dalaran ones. You have to cook Rhino Dogs or Northern Stew, but beyond that there's no real cooking involved. Picking apples to be made into cider > stealing cheese and collecting half-finished wine that has just been sitting out.

Also, LOL @ Robby Flay.

XD I noticed the Robby Flay thing too. <3 Blizzard for always including little references like this.

Is there a minimum cooking level to do the cooking dailies?
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by XemnasXD View Post
    Better than having to fly ten minutes to get mana berries in Netherstorm...

In other news, Cookies for Orphans!

So, stealing sugar and catfish this expansion, eh? Alrighty then. Just so long as the respawn is fast enough that more than 2 people can do it at the same time....

I really hope those quests will add gold because just getting a cooking reward is a bit lame :/

O.O yay more dalies!
    i hope they add a bag like in wotlk or a barrel/crate lik in tbc

i've never leveled cooking ever since i started playing vanilla release. i'm thinking about it for cata though bunch of cool stuff going on

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    gah i really hate that quest

Deleted
    Really hope there is a bag with a chance of rare recipes / pets / other goodies in it and some gold.

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post

In other news, Cookies for Orphans!
    Don't worry you shall have your quest items delivered to you by mail once you have picked up the quest, so just move to the nearest mailbox and retrieve it.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Don't worry you shall have your quest items delivered to you by mail once you have picked up the quest, so just move to the nearest mailbox and retrieve it.
    The game is supposed to be fun. Taking 10 minutes to fly to the quest objective and 10 minutes to fly back is not difficult, and not in any sense is it fun.

I imagine it is incredibly difficult for Blizzard to make dailies that are both fun (repeatedly) while retaining some element of challenge. If that isn't possible then I personally would rather they simply make it fun than impose some false level of difficulty in making you travel to the other side of the continent for the sake of it.

To be honest I was hoping Cata cooking dailies would be less like WotLK ones and more like TBC ones. Dailies from Dalaran most of the time don't even include any cooking (unless you consider gathering glasses ''cooking'').

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    WTB one-time recipes. Like auto adding "Angry Stormwind Catfish Gumbo" to your cooking recipes, but once you make it and turn the quest in it pops out of your cooking tab. They could even have random amounts of different reagents needed, it'd be sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=28705#starts

Cheese For Glowergold - Collecting the aforementioned glasses.
    Convention at the Legerdemein - Cook some stew.
    Infused Mushroom Meatloaf - Cook some meatloaf.
    Mustard Dogs! - Cook some hot dogs.
    Sewer Stew - Cook some more stew.

Yeah not a lot of cooking there.
    I meant cooking something other than the first cooking recipe that you learn in WotLK and omg, hot dogs.