Alliance Lost Territory

Please, please stop whining about it.
    It's messing up a lot of topics and, as a purely Alliance player myself, it's really annoying me in how unjustified it is.

Firstly, the maps and changes aren't even complete yet. Nobody actually knows how much territory each faction is going to control. There might even be phasing!
    Secondly, what is up with the idea that more territory = more content? You can have as much (if not more!) quests about the fact that the horde have destroyed your village as you can have in a pefectly functioning one.
    Thirdly, Blizzard aren't stupid enough to just take out flight points that you are going to need. They are remaking the levelling progression just so that it is less annoying so they are not going to be taking out flight points! If there is no flight point in an area they will want you to be going somewhere else. They are not going to make more levelling zones for the horde than the alliance.
    Fourthly, the fact that territory changes over time is important to the story. The two groups are meant to be at war! War is not a static thing, territory should be changing hands often, but obviously that would be impractical for an MMO to display. The fact that towns are being razed and rebuilt is good as it allows the story to progress. Most Alliance places that have been destroyed have simply been replaced elsewhere in the zone, remember. And now they are going to want revenge!
    And finally, just stop claiming that Blizzard have a preference for either side. If they did they would have just made a game with only one faction, and they wouldn't have given us any new races!

Now please, no more QQ about how much land each faction owns.

Yea, beside you guy won the Southshore/TM fight.

O wait its covered in plauge.

lol

Garrosh '10

Quote Originally Posted by Galvangar View Post

lol
    Be that as it may, someone surely lost the battle with proper spelling and grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by citybug View Post
    Be that as it may, someone surely lost the battle with proper spelling and grammar.
    Badum tish

Quote Originally Posted by Galvangar View Post

lol
    who brought the fanboys here?

I want to see TM get razed and turned into an Alliance outpost.

Then it'll be all switched around and people'll be all like lolwat.

TBC was more Horde based lore, WOTLK was more Alliance based lore, Cata will be more Horde based lore. I wouldn't be surprised if we see some major Alliance offensives in the expansion after Cata.

Seems to me that Cataclysm is lore for both. There's a lot of 'WTF!?' moments on both sides of it from what I'm seeing. It's just that a lot of what we've seen regarding the Alliance lore revelations are negative. Losing the entire Hillsbrad region, Dark Irons attacking Ironforge, etc. I'm sure as things get more and more revealed over time that we'll see a few more 'WTF!?' moments for the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget the MASSIVE Alliance move directly into the heart of the Horde lands. And all the big internal affairs going on with the Ironforge power and the military movement around Stormwind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Please, please stop whining about it.
    It's messing up a lot of topics and, as a purely Alliance player myself, it's really annoying me in how unjustified it is.

Firstly, the maps and changes aren't even complete yet. Nobody actually knows how much territory each faction is going to control. There might even be phasing!
    Secondly, what is up with the idea that more territory = more content? You can have as much (if not more!) quests about the fact that the horde have destroyed your village as you can have in a pefectly functioning one.
    Thirdly, Blizzard aren't stupid enough to just take out flight points that you are going to need. They are remaking the levelling progression just so that it is less annoying so they are not going to be taking out flight points! If there is no flight point in an area they will want you to be going somewhere else. They are not going to make more levelling zones for the horde than the alliance.
    Fourthly, the fact that territory changes over time is important to the story. The two groups are meant to be at war! War is not a static thing, territory should be changing hands often, but obviously that would be impractical for an MMO to display. The fact that towns are being razed and rebuilt is good as it allows the story to progress. Most Alliance places that have been destroyed have simply been replaced elsewhere in the zone, remember. And now they are going to want revenge!
    And finally, just stop claiming that Blizzard have a preference for either side. If they did they would have just made a game with only one faction, and they wouldn't have given us any new races!

Now please, no more QQ about how much land each faction owns.
    Its beta now, anything is known.

And yet, it's Beta. Things are still changing. Hell, just look at an original copy of the rulebook for World of Warcraft in the box version when the game was out after the initial beta test of that game. Tauren had no mounts, instead having Plainsrunning, and Dwarves could be mages according to the rulebook. Things change. We can't know for certain that what is happening right now in the Beta is concrete what's going to happen when the game is released for retail.