Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    No class in this game is hard to dps with. Maximizing dps while reacting correctly to encounter mechanics is what makes it fun/challenging. I could "maximize dps" for any class in this game on patchwerk if you gave me 5 minutes to find their rotation on a guide. There's a reason not every mage in the world can get into top 10 guilds. I don't think this reason is that every mage can do the same dps as theirs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgDPS View Post
    Yup, you heard it right here folks. Fire and Arcane PvP takes skill to play according to this joker.

/rollseyes

The only optimizing you have to do when destroying people on the meters with your epic arcane/fire dps is the optimizing you will have to do on how to stay awake.
    Most people report that binding fireball/arcane blast to all the keys on your keyboard then smashing your face into said keyboard at 2.5/3.0 second intervals (+haste) is a good 'optimization' to make since the force of the impact will trigger the sensory neurons which will fire the pain receptors in your brain (assuming you have one) at a level that is high enough to allow you to remain awake.

Fire and Arcane DPS is about as easymoade as it gets. You have 1 button to spam, and 1 button to push when a pretty light turns on. WoW! So much skill and training needed in that.

But please, keep telling yourself that you are accomplishing some immense feat of skill when you DPS with fire. Fragile egos usually need some fantasy to remain intact and prevent them from imploding.
    so from your posts in this thread, i have deduced several things.

a) you are not a mage

b) you are bad at the game

c) mages of any spec beat you on DPS meters in PvE

d) frost mages destroy you in PvP

as TJ said, i hold these truths to be self-evident.
    BfA Beta Time

Yup, you heard it right here folks. Fire and Arcane PvP takes skill to play according to this joker.

/rollseyes

The only optimizing you have to do when destroying people on the meters with your epic arcane/fire dps is the optimizing you will have to do on how to stay awake.
    Most people report that binding fireball/arcane blast to all the keys on your keyboard then smashing your face into said keyboard at 2.5/3.0 second intervals (+haste) is a good 'optimization' to make since the force of the impact will trigger the sensory neurons which will fire the pain receptors in your brain (assuming you have one) at a level that is high enough to allow you to remain awake.

Fire and Arcane DPS is about as easymoade as it gets. You have 1 button to spam, and 1 button to push when a pretty light turns on. WoW! So much skill and training needed in that.

But please, keep telling yourself that you are accomplishing some immense feat of skill when you DPS with fire. Fragile egos usually need some fantasy to remain intact and prevent them from imploding.
    Kay, thats just trolling here. Are you done putting people down and are ready to show off your r1 glad mage with top 25 WOL parses in HICC? or are we still gonna play whack-a-troll on the forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxix
    $15/month, I'M 14 I DO WUT I WANT, I WANNA HAVE A BABY, MAH BABY GUNNA LUV ME

True, Cata fire pvp may skew towards a MASSIVE increase in ignite type effects, but if what you say is true then it will also be a MASSIVE increase in the snorefest and boredom that comes with playing the spec.

Fire (and Arcane) are hailed as the two single most boring specs to play in the entire game. Yet absolutely nothing is being done about that.

Sorry got to disagree with this. I find fire's current playstyle to be the most exciting/fun in the game. From my experience reading forum posts, other people agree as well. It's famous for being a "kamikaze" fun spec, in fact.

Now that looks like it is changing - with no +50% crit dmg buff, arcane mages sub-speccing into fire will be casting AP pyroblasts that will crit much harder than ours will without the +50%. That simply stinks.

And so what if we do more damage over 10 seconds? That's just not fire in my book - thats warlock play.

I think I'll spec arcane if this change goes through.

---------- Post added 2010-07-04 at 09:00 AM ----------

From my reading of it, the playstyle will be very similar to an affliction lock if this goes through. Sure, you'll only be casting one pure DOT (living Bomb), but you'll also be casting direct damage spells that do little direct damage and alot of damage over time. Exactly the same as a lock.

15+ Year Old Account
    You must be new to the game or something... Burnout only existed in WotLK and fire mages were still hard hitting, front-loaded casters before that. Besides, it's BETA. They're trying stuff out... cut them some slack to experiment or the game will get stale.

15+ Year Old Account
    Think i will wait till beta is finshed befor i make a judgement on a talent is isnt even finshed being tweaked
    Chaotic Serenity - US Frostmourne Alliance 13/13 Mythic

Didn't they say in blue post that all crits (melee and caster) will be normalized to 200% normal damage?

If flame orb makes it into the pve rotation that would surely be a fun addition.
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

True, Cata fire pvp may skew towards a MASSIVE increase in ignite type effects, but if what you say is true then it will also be a MASSIVE increase in the snorefest and boredom that comes with playing the spec.

Fire (and Arcane) are hailed as the two single most boring specs to play in the entire game. Yet absolutely nothing is being done about that.
    Who decided that? You?

Stop pulling socalled "facts" out of your ass.

Arcane is boring as hell sure, but fire isn't. Considering EVERY pve dps spec is insanely easy and boring to play, fire comes out pretty well there.

Elemental shaman, ret paladin, frost mage and maybe even assa rogues are all more of a bore to play imo.

lastly: How agains is giving fire more deverse mechanics while only reducing crit dmg, making the spec MORE boring? logic much?
    Meh

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milamber View Post
    If flame orb makes it into the pve rotation that would surely be a fun addition.
    if you were to believe beta testers, it doesn't look like it the way the spell is now. it moves in a straight line and blows up after the duration, so unless the mob you want to hit is exactly 10 or so seconds away from you, the explosion and a majority of the damage will miss. this also similar to the fear mages had for living bomb in its initial incarnation, which later turned out to be different. here's hoping the spell works like the blood prince council flame orb and not like the flame orb from old kingdom.
    BfA Beta Time

music: dot dot dotle dot dottle dot dot dah dah... ( continueing the clown music )
    A Firemage enters the the screen; dots up stuff and pew pew wins
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

Quote Originally Posted by Rifee View Post
    Arcane is boring as hell sure, but fire isn't.
    arcane is harder to play IF you play on the maximum of what your spec can deliver. and it's not boring if you're doing it right. fire is not more than lb->fb*x->hspyro->repeat. arcane is ab*x->mb->manamanagement&cooldownmanagement->repeat. not much difference if you ask me, but you have to play more foresighted as arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    if you were to believe beta testers, it doesn't look like it the way the spell is now. it moves in a straight line and blows up after the duration, so unless the mob you want to hit is exactly 10 or so seconds away from you, the explosion and a majority of the damage will miss. this also similar to the fear mages had for living bomb in its initial incarnation, which later turned out to be different. here's hoping the spell works like the blood prince council flame orb and not like the flame orb from old kingdom.
    They could make it follow your target. If the target was hostile and moved, the orb would gain speed and duration.
    If the target was friendly, it would follow him at normal speed (very nice at kiting and vs stealth)
    As always, apparently the one thing you can do in a duel that isn't cheating... is lose.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    They could make it follow your target. If the target was hostile and moved, the orb would gain speed and duration.
    If the target was friendly, it would follow him at normal speed (very nice at kiting and vs stealth)
    that's kind of what i meant when i referenced the BPC version of the spell. in fact, the heroic 25 man version of the empowered flame orb is the one i wish we would get. has a cast time, follows a target, shoots out little AoE bolts as it travels, and deals an AoE explosion on contact which changes size and damage potential depending on how many AoE bolts had been shot out prior.

that would make it awesome to use as an opener on AoE fights to stack the 15% haste buff from pyromaniac and a good spell to use on single target fights since it's coefficient right now on beta is 201.14%.
    BfA Beta Time

15+ Year Old Account
    What's different about the heroic 25 man version? I've tried 10 heroic and haven't really noticed a difference (besides bigger numbers).

15+ Year Old Account
    dunno, just said 25 man heroic cause i haven't been in a 10 man ICC in about 2 months, so i forgot if the mechanic is the same or not.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Well if flame orb would be to follow the target, they would rather give us summoned melee elemental, too bad shammies already got fire one or wait ! I wanna fiery draenei from midsummer to chase after my targets !

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, I mean I haven't noticed anything different about heroic versus normal...

If you read more than just the first few lines you would have read: Fire Mastery blah blah blah... each Fire (says any spell but idk) spell adds a specific DoT not exclusive with Ignite. Not only do your Fire spells proc Ignite it also has it's own specific DoT. The Fire Mastery also increases your Spell Damage and Critical Spell chance. Add that with high level gear with Mastery rating on it I'm sure Fire will be perfectly fine. Personally, I'm interested in Frost and maybe it bringing a needed buff for ranged to a raid and also bring competitive DMG/DPS much like Demo for Warlocks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toews View Post
    If you read more than just the first few lines you would have read: Fire Mastery blah blah blah... each Fire (says any spell but idk) spell adds a specific DoT not exclusive with Ignite. Not only do your Fire spells proc Ignite it also has it's own specific DoT. The Fire Mastery also increases your Spell Damage and Critical Spell chance. Add that with high level gear with Mastery rating on it I'm sure Fire will be perfectly fine. Personally, I'm interested in Frost and maybe it bringing a needed buff for ranged to a raid and also bring competitive DMG/DPS much like Demo for Warlocks.
    hooray for a total talent tree and mastery overhaul!!!! hip hip, HOORAY!!!
    BfA Beta Time