why judge of justice needs to be changed

Make judgement of justice reduce movement speed to that of the paladin. So if im hamstrung then justice reduces movement speed 50%. If im crippled then 75%. If im running freely 0%. Not like it would kill ret to have a choice to slow someone down when slowed. Ret's so garbage exept for a few select comps and Im tired of protribution.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment we cant expect any changed before the expansion & even when the expansion comes all they have said they will give ret paladins is an interrupt that is on an unknown Cd & may or may not cause a spell school lock. All we are having to give up for this is most of our healing ability & our ability to dispel debuffs.

So for all our sakes lets hope they give us something to help close gaps or snare opponents because without our current healing potential & dispel ability we would become even easier to kite & nuke to death meaning mages, locks & hunters would hard counter us even more & to top it off balance druids & elemental shaman would be added to the list because of all the snares they are getting.

Personally I'm hoping for a weak snare (maybe 20-30%) & an overpower type attack that shares a Cd with another core attack so we can chose between doing more damage or stopping some (overpower was designed for us first anyway).

The main reason we will could need an overpower type ability is because no mater how short the Cd is on our interrupt it will not stop instant spells which is the main thing used in pvp while kiting a target(conservative estimates place it around 2x as long as other classes), without said overpower ability & weak snare most ranged classes would just nuke us down easily without us being able to heal or dispel debuffs like we currently do.

And before the whiners say but your a paladin your supposed to be kited it was said a while back by blizz that they wanted to move a little further away from hard counters in pvp so pvp was more about skill not just rock paper scissors.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    Personally I'm hoping for a weak snare (maybe 20-30%) & an overpower type attack that shares a Cd with another core attack so we can chose between doing more damage or stopping some (overpower was designed for us first anyway).

The main reason we will could need an overpower type ability is because no mater how short the Cd is on our interrupt it will not stop instant spells which is the main thing used in pvp while kiting a target(conservative estimates place it around 2x as long as other classes), without said overpower ability & weak snare most ranged classes would just nuke us down easily without us being able to heal or dispel debuffs like we currently do.
    Mind me asking....What donkey's ass are you pulling that out from? Do you even understand Unrelenting Assault mechanics? Do you realise Overpower is the base line ability of warriors in battle stance since day Zero of WoW? That it was originaly a sort of a tanking tool. Later becoming the spell effect reduction thingy that is today with the adition of the Unrelenting Assault talent.

I want to see any proof, Wotlk Beta blue post, talent tree or anything similar that prooves that Unrelenting Assault was designed as a paladin talent. I mean...its procs are based on Rend mechanics. With the same logic, Frostbolt was originaly designed for paladins, and Death Grip, and Kidney shot, oh yeah and Bladestorm, Hammstring and Charge are originaly paladin moves....*sigh*

Also you seriously should read up on Unrelenting Assault mechanics and how it reduces spell effects, and what ya need to do to put it on, and how long is its duration.

Untill then...as you have nothing usefull to contribute....well you said it in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Mind me asking....What donkey's ass are you pulling that out from? Do you even understand Unrelenting Assault mechanics? Do you realise Overpower is the base line ability of warriors in battle stance since day Zero of WoW? That it was originaly a sort of a tanking tool. Later becoming the spell effect reduction thingy that is today with the adition of the Unrelenting Assault talent.

I want to see any proof, Wotlk Beta blue post, talent tree or anything similar that prooves that Unrelenting Assault was designed as a paladin talent. I mean...its procs are based on Rend mechanics. With the same logic, Frostbolt was originaly designed for paladins, and Death Grip, and Kidney shot, oh yeah and Bladestorm, Hammstring and Charge are originaly paladin moves....*sigh*

Also you seriously should read up on Unrelenting Assault mechanics and how it reduces spell effects, and what ya need to do to put it on, and how long is its duration.

Untill then...as you have nothing usefull to contribute....well you said it in your signature.
    Blizzard released a version of patch notes prior to warriors getting the unrelenting assault debuff. That version of the patch notes had crusader strike applying the debuff that has come to be known as the unrelenting assault debuff. Blizzard admitted the crusader strike notes making it to the PTR was something they had played around with internally but was shut off before making it to the PTR. Later in the patching process (whether it was the same patch or the next patch, I'm not sure), warriors ended up getting the 50% healing/spell damage debuff added to overpower.

Small Correction:
    This happened in 3.1. Crusader strike was going to get the current version of the unrelenting assault debuff, it got pulled, then slapped onto the warrior unrelenting assault talent.
    Last edited by Posokhov; 2010-07-04 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Correction

Very well then. Tho can see why it was never added to Crusader Strike, CS cooldown is to short and would be infinitly easyer to apply it then the current warrior version.

Not to mention back in the post 3.0 ret paladins seriously did not need a UA effect. Tho in today's context i can see it added to Crusader Strike, but removing the damage reduction element on Paladin version. Making it sort of a 6 second MS effect if you CS during a cast.

---------- Post added 2010-07-04 at 01:23 PM ----------

Jebus! What the hell? Can a Mod please Banhammer the troll?

YEAAA, make it snare, so I can shapeshift it.

10+ Year Old Account
    so, if you are not snared, your target of the judgement will also get 15% increased runspeed to match yours?

I'd be ok with it increasing the targets speed to match ours as well. Would give ret something more to think about at least then mashing more cs.

10+ Year Old Account
    bad ret paladins just smash buttons good ret paladins worry about when to use CC and oh shit buttons. With us losing most of our healing potential & dispel we better well get something more then a interrupt on a indeterminate Cd or we will be screwed. Now at least we have a chance to survive long enough to reach a kiting target (at least if it is not a frost mage) without our dispel & self heals there will be no reason for a pvp team to use us unless we get a way to stay on targets & actually do some damage or prevent some damage/heals

Its like oh we can take this ret paladin, "why all he can do is damage & stun once a min if he even gets in melee range" The rouge warrior Dk or feral druid can always get in melee range, damage, interrupt, snare, MS & or CC
    Last edited by zcks; 2010-07-07 at 05:55 PM.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.