Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Intellect | Spellpower : Conversion Rate.

Since all the spellpower is being removed from (most) items it's going to be interesting to see how some gear changes, so I have some questions for those of you in beta.

What is your current intellect and spellpower pool untalented? Are they 1:1?

What has become of things like spell power socket bonuses, spell power gems, procs, ect?

If you are untalented and have all your gear removed, what is your base intellect and how much spellpower does it equate too (please post class)?

Untalented how much mana do you gain from your intellect, as in could you post your current intellect and current mana pool (and class) while untalented to get an idea how much each point of int will be worth as mana? How much crit possibly aswell?

If you have anything else to add that you feel is related please do, I'd like to get an idea how it's calculating out currently and how much people's spellpower will drop/go up when cata goes live. As I've seen, if it is indeed a 1:1 ratio, spell power will be going down, since items with about 100 spell power now have about 84 int in cata. I'd like to start to get an idea how stats will boil down after the *big* change. Thanks beta testers!

P.S. I realize there's been a lot of comments on what these values are, in rumor or blue post or otherwise, please don't respond with a blue post from 4 months ago saying "1:1 duh, source blue 04/03/10", I'm curious about the current beta release and how it stands right now and would like to hear from some beta testers who could spare some time to get some numbers going.

It is indeed 1:1 in current build.

Spellpower bonuses/sockets have stayed the same (grandfathered)

Weapons will still have SP on them.... to help prevent needing to give so much intellect and thus obersized mana pools to get the SP... they stated the goal at 80 was to make the overall "damage" the same but that 81 it could chnage significantly.

On some vids I saw peeps with 40k mana at 82.

Existing weapons have had things liek stam increased and spellpower.. Liek the Bonespike dagger from Marrowgar.. 264.. Stam about doubled... Spellpower went up by 80...

No I am not in beta.. but have spent a good bit of tie researching these same interests...

Hmm, interesting, curious about how a level 80's mana pool will look after the conversion. Is the beta server up? Be nice to get some solid stats, maybe some post about spell cost would be helpful too, curious to see how much they have gone up.

Deleted
    Id love to find out the conversion of an holy pala with bis gear!

Intellect:

Spell Power:

You don't get any spell power from your int for the first 10 int (at least as far as I can see on my Worgen). Taking that into consideration, the conversion rate is 1:1. This calculation also works on my 80 BE Priest that has 1896 Intellect and 1886 spell power from intellect.

As for mana pools, they'll likely get into the 80k+ realm not too long at 85 considering level 85 water gives you 72000 mana back where current level 75 water gives 19200.

79 int becomes 1385 mana, so the first 20 become 20 mana directly (if they still do that) and 480 is base mana for lvl 24 priest, then 59 and 885, so 15 mana per point exactly? Did you have any talents in those pictures? That's exactly what it is now, to the dot. Does anyone have some high level casters that could post similar untalented pictures? If this is the case, we're going to be seeing about a 15% drop in spell power when cata hits, approximately. Looking at some spell power trinkets, 150 sp becomes 128 int, and 168 becomes 144, both are about 14.5% sp reduction on average, even with the boost to weapons spell power, which seems to be about a 20% spellpower boost, I doubt that will make up for 15% of a spell power loss on the whole pool (when a geared caster is around 3800, so about 500-600 sp loss depending on the person, and only a 200 sp increase on weapons about).
    So we're looking at about a 300-400 sp loss when cata hits?

Quote Originally Posted by priestalisha View Post
    So, the weapon will make up for the 15%, it looks like. Remember the weapons will have SP on them. Looks like not much will change.
    Do everything you can to win and don't bitch if you lose, b/c good luck or skill a kills a kill. Only the one who lives gets to tell the till.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this mean they will be bumping up the mana it takes to cast a spell dramatically? Because with a 42k Mana pool i don't see myself going oom on my warlock for quite and extended amount of time ...

Artwork created by Yochi
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    I personally find watching game streamers to be the lowest, saddest form of loneliness.

Even with the boost to the weapon spell power, and the sp you'll get from the int on the weapon, I think it'll still be a loss of a couple hundred spell power.

79 int becomes 1385 mana, so the first 20 become 20 mana directly (if they still do that) and 480 is base mana for lvl 24 priest, then 59 and 885, so 15 mana per point exactly? Did you have any talents in those pictures? That's exactly what it is now, to the dot. Does anyone have some high level casters that could post similar untalented pictures? If this is the case, we're going to be seeing about a 15% drop in spell power when cata hits, approximately. Looking at some spell power trinkets, 150 sp becomes 128 int, and 168 becomes 144, both are about 14.5% sp reduction on average, even with the boost to weapons spell power, which seems to be about a 20% spellpower boost, I doubt that will make up for 15% of a spell power loss on the whole pool (when a geared caster is around 3800, so about 500-600 sp loss depending on the person, and only a 200 sp increase on weapons about).
    I had talents in the screenshots but none that effected any of my stats or mana. Mana remains unchanged.

As far as spell power goes, I gained a TON on beta. I went from 2664 on live to 3200 on Beta. This is completely untalented.

I was looking at the stats on items on the beta to see how they stack up next to live items. It seems like blizzard is adding Int to everything to compensate the difference. For instance, Sandals of Consecration have 92 intellect on live but have 102 on beta.
    Last edited by Stufmenatooba; 2010-07-04 at 03:46 AM. Reason: new info

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with the boost to the weapon spell power, and the sp you'll get from the int on the weapon, I think it'll still be a loss of a couple hundred spell power.
    GC said they're going to try and keep it the same, but even if everyone does lose some spell power, it won't matter for very long anyway. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Stufmenatooba View Post
    I had talents in the screenshots but none that effected any of my stats or mana. Mana remains unchanged.

As far as spell power goes, I gained a TON on beta. I went from 2664 on live to 3200 on Beta. This is completely untalented.

I was looking at the stats on items on the beta to see how they stack up next to live items. It seems like blizzard is adding Int to everything to compensate the difference. For instance, Sandals of Consecration have 92 intellect on live but have 102 on beta.
    Right, they're adding int to everything, but the total is always about 15% less than what the spell power used to be, such as the boots went up to 102 int, but that converts to 102 sp when the boots originally had 122. That's where I'm getting my 15% overall spellpower loss. I know it's not /that/ important, but I'm curious about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Right, they're adding int to everything, but the total is always about 15% less than what the spell power used to be, such as the boots went up to 102 int, but that converts to 102 sp when the boots originally had 122. That's where I'm getting my 15% overall spellpower loss. I know it's not /that/ important, but I'm curious about it.
    How much pure spell power (not from intellect) is actually on weapons, though? Wowhead doesn't show any at the moment.

Spell power HAS to go down. With massive increases in your intellect, your spell crit will increase, which means if your spell power stayed the same, you'd see an increase in your DPS, rather than stay the same like they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirti View Post
    Spell power HAS to go down. With massive increases in your intellect, your spell crit will increase, which means if your spell power stayed the same, you'd see an increase in your DPS, rather than stay the same like they want.
    They can reduce the intellect-to-spell-crit conversion if necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    How much pure spell power (not from intellect) is actually on weapons, though? Wowhead doesn't show any at the moment.
    It does for some, [Frozen Bonespike] vs [Frozen Bonespike].

10+ Year Old Account
    They took all the intellect away, huh? Interesting.

The new weapons I saw had intellect but no spell power, though, which is odd. This one, for example:
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/55064/
    It might just be that these ones are out of date or have placeholder stats, though. I was thinking that they might do a weapon dps to spell power conversion only visible to casters, similar to feral attack power, but that doesn't sound likely if the older weapons still have spell power.

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    They took all the intellect away, huh? Interesting.

The new weapons I saw had intellect but no spell power, though, which is odd. This one, for example:
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/55064/
    It might just be that these ones are out of date or have placeholder stats, though. I was thinking that they might do a weapon dps to spell power conversion only visible to casters, similar to feral attack power, but that doesn't sound likely if the older weapons still have spell power.
    Well, if they keep sp on 80 weapons and not on 85 like the ones you linked, all caster 85 BiS will be lvl 80 hard mode gear, so something's gotta change. Anyone know if they're changed the crit ratio since int has gone up so much?

As far as loss, if 10 item slots are missing 20 spell power apiece, you'll have to be missing that much in at least 10 slots before you go negative... why? Right now we have base intellect that does absolutely nothing. On my 80 priest, I have 203 base int. After conversion, I will have 193 Spell Power without any gear on at all.

I was thinking that they might do a weapon dps to spell power conversion only visible to casters, similar to feral attack power, but that doesn't sound likely if the older weapons still have spell power.
    I suggested this exact thing on the suggestion boards about 2 weeks ago so there would be no more caster/physical weapon disparity. Blizzard might be working on this considering new caster weapons don't have any visible spell power on them.

As a whole, I wouldn't be really worried about all of this right now. Blizzard has yet to do away with all of the spell power gems and socket bonuses on beta. When they finally work all of that out, my spell power on my priest will go down a good 60-70. I still am 100% certain that everyone will see a small boost to their spell power after all of these changes go through. We still have to remember Blessing of Kings giving +5% intellect.

Anyone know if they're changed the crit ratio since int has gone up so much?
    As far as spell crit, it's exactly as it is on live right now. You still get 1% per 45.91 rating and 1% per 166.67 int at level 80. However, as you level, it completely falls apart. I haven't seen the exact numbers yet as to how much int:crit ratios fall as you level yet, but I can assume they change at similar rates.
    Last edited by Stufmenatooba; 2010-07-05 at 01:13 AM. Reason: I must like Blessing of Kings and removed stuff about the ratings

Which should be made up in damage by the Mastery bonuses easily.

---------- Post added 2010-07-05 at 12:49 AM ----------

Here are the exact number of combat rating per 1% stats