Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Talking Dungeon leveling vs. Grinding and Questing

So once the race to 85 has started, which way will you choose? What do you think is the fastest way to level?
    Personally i will go the questing route. Any of you remember 70-80? Did you guys have advantages over your guildies by doing it different?

Although newb, newbie, noob, and n00b all have similar definitions, there are key differences amongst them. A newb or newbie is a new user who has an understandable lack of experience; a noob or n00b, on the other hand, is an unskilled player who is not a newbie and should know better

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well.

Athene got first 80 by dungeon leveling.

I leveled a new character (Druid) via dungeon finder. Tank/Healing. I'm level 65 in 2 days /played.

This isnt exactly groundbreaking, but it's substantially faster than anything I've done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Frosty View Post
    Well.

No, he got first 80 by exploiting dungeon leveling. Then, he was banned for a few days and his character was recoiled back to 70.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamsGaming View Post
    No, he got first 80 by exploiting dungeon leveling. Then, he was banned for a few days and his character was recoiled back to 70.
    what did he do to get ban? i mean what was the exploit
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Dont see how that was exploiting when he said previously he would to it and asked the GMs themselves if it was legal. Clever use of in-game mechanics.

I prefer powerquesting really, but I'll be absorbing the quests more from 80-85, turning off instant text etc.

---------- Post added 2010-07-03 at 04:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Supertao The Pro View Post
    Dont see how that was exploiting when he said previously he would to it and asked the GMs themselves if it was legal. Clever use of in-game mechanics.
    It was exploiting. He was going in to dungeons, tagging mobs then leaving the group so he got 100% of the exp for himself. It was a blatant abuse of game mechanics and he was rightly banned.

how could you get enough XP to get to lvl 80 so fast? i don't understand

He didn't exploit anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafrok View Post
    I prefer powerquesting really, but I'll be absorbing the quests more from 80-85, turning off instant text
    It was exploiting. He was going in to dungeons, tagging mobs then leaving the group so he got 100% of the exp for himself. It was a blatant abuse of game mechanics and he was rightly banned.
    Get your facts straight at least

Blizz banned him for no reason simply because he was too fast.

If that screenshot is real, I'm a banana.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafrok View Post
    If that screenshot is real, I'm a banana.
    yum, can i eat you?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im sure photoshop didnt exist back in 2009

What you DIDN'T see was Athene's ticket text.. we don't know HOW he described the "tagging" process... even if it's real (The chat SS can be faked very easy.)

How he ended up leveling was deemed exploitative and they banned him because it WAS an exploit.. plain and simple.

What he probably ASKED was if he tagged the mobs and others killed it out of party... was that OK? (this was before EXP is divied by damage done)

What he DID.. was to go into an instance IN PARTY.. pull AoE mobs to the entrance... AoE classes would DPS them low then leave the instance for him to finish off.. not even sure they left party... but since they weren't "present" they did not get a "cut" of the EXP.

He didn't exploit the "tagging" mechanics.. but the instance/party/zone mechanics.

It's cheap and he deserved to get busted back to 70... lol I truly laughed hard when I heard that.

All that said...

I watched a group do BRC full clear and they got less than 2 bars... 3.06 million total to 81. It just depends...

What I plan on doing is questing, getting all dungeon q's and then Queueing for it to clear the Q's... if I come across some good AoE grinding spots along the questing path (frost spec mage ftw) I'll maybe make a few extra pulls for the EXP... and move on.
    Last edited by AuthurDent; 2010-07-03 at 04:32 PM.

take ur time, 85 will be there for a long time

It would be good if they stuck a dungeon quest in the middle of a quest chain, just to get you in there at least once.

No no and NO! I won;t take my time..

I have MANY level 80's to bring up.. the firts is the main.. will breakneck speed it til 80 for heroics grinding... THEN take my good ole time savoring the content on the alts...

Hardcore questing while waiting on ques for dungeons with my tank friend.

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Quote Originally Posted by Team Frosty View Post
    Well.

Exploiting |= leveling... his level was reset, cause of exploiting...

10+ Year Old Account
    athene was never the first to hit 80. why does everyone claims that? it was someone from france who did it in 27 hours with grinding mobs in grizzly hills.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3171330

here the news frpm mmo back then:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...er-is-French-!
    Last edited by Tokru; 2010-07-03 at 04:40 PM.

Well.. that might be a good idea (Dungeon q in a qline) btu as it is.. they usually give relaly HIGH exp AND a nice blue item as a reward.. hard to NOT do it at least once as you pass by...

---------- Post added 2010-07-03 at 04:36 PM ----------

Wrong... Athene did hit 80 first in like 18 hours if I recall... but he was banned and reset to 70... the Warlock ran with a few out of party healers who only healed him (they took shifts.)

THAT was considered clever use of game mechanics.
    Last edited by AuthurDent; 2010-07-03 at 04:37 PM.