Thread: Boomy to Resto

Boomy to Resto

ok so im moving from Boomkin to resto i have put my boomy T10 in the bank and filled slots with what ever i have picked up along the way

swaped my ICC rep ring to the mp5, changed a few gems but everything is all over the place, what would you guyd ecomend from here gear wise

playstile im fine was resto a long while in ulduar toc.

i have the T10 resto gloves and a mark to up grade them but is it worth waiting for T10 legs and using mark for them as my gloves are 264 anyways

here is my gear http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ht&cn=Theralis

I would highly recommend reading through the resto druid guide, and fix your gems and trinket please.

read the sticky at the top of the forum.

other than those 3 int gems, your gems are acceptable. never use pure yellow gems in your gear, and most definitely dont ever gem pure int. We aren't pallies and dont gem like them. Every one of our gems should have SP on them. If you have a yellow SP socket bonus then gem SP/haste.

Your spec needs work. Drop the point out of natural perfection and move it to revitalize. Drop the point from living seed and move it to Nature's swiftness then get in to the habit of using the cooldown. Move 1 point from subtely and put it into tranquil spirit. The rest is ok.

Always Always use reckless ametrines in a yellow or red slot.

Lose the Mp5 enchants on boots and chest, grab the meta gem with 21 intellect and chance to restore 600 mana on cast.

Lose glyph of regrowth and get glyph of nourish.

No natures swiftness WHAT????? Natural perfection is a PvP talent lose it and grab natures swiftness please, Living seed can be useful but not as useful as full revitalize so pick that up as well.

I guess it all depends how into raiding you are and at what level you want to be on when you do it.

First off if its important to you I'd get JC/Chanting or at least drop herby for one of the two.

I have a pretty strong feeling that you're gona have mana issues without the proper level of gear and or replen trinkets (like Solace or Silver). With that said I'd recommend using Insightful Meta gem and having helm/shoulder chants as SP/MP5.

Geming intellect is never the way to go for a resto druid. We're not like most healers where 10-20 spell power only means a minuscule extra amount of healing on something like a Holy light or greater heal. As a druid a primary aspect you need to understand is that our healing ability lies inside of HoTs. These HoTs are not heavy tickers doing 10-20k heals per tick. They are small ticks that happen periodically thus Spell Power becomes our biggest friend here. That small amount of SP means that your HoTs will tick just that much more making you more effective as your spell power goes up.

Your spec should look more like this:

http://eu.wowarmory.com/talent-calc....02331050313051

Your glyphs change a bit depending on each fight, but your primary focus for 25man glyphs should be Rejuv, Swiftmend and Wildgrowth. In a 10man I would run Rapid Rejuv, Swiftmend and Wildgroth.

Your biggest loss while switching from Moonkin to Resto is the lack of haste in your gear. When spec'd into Celestial Focus you need 736 haste in order to be GCD capped which will allow you to, simply put, cast more.

Enchant wise you should switch the chest enchant to 10stats the boots to Tuskar's vitality.

Your geming will be off till your gear can compensate the haste requirements. Depending on how much gold you have I would recommend checking out some BOE gear with Haste over crit and run TOGC (or TOC) for a few pieces to help you reach that haste cap.

You seem to be in a generally correct direction so given time and gear you should be able to get on track quickly. Just keep in mind that you should only gem for haste in order to reach your haste caps and otherwise you should be focusing on spell power. Don't forget your meta gem requirements in that process either!

If you have any questions or want me to critique your gear in the future when you get more drop me a PM sometime.
    ~ Never switching off the boss to kill adds and blinking into defile; the story of Swizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinmaul
    Never tell the truth if it's going to make you look bad. You tell them you are an officer in Paragon and that you are fluent in Finnish. Then you can say you are used to long grinds and doing whatever it takes to ensure a big finish.