Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    So if I'm not able to make it past the very first paragraphs, that means it's my fault because I've already got an opinion on it?

Seriously?

Heck, I've even given you my reason as to why I'm not liking it. Suppose I'll have to RE-ADD them.

-I don't like how he writes.
    -The dialogue is not good.
    -Too. Much. Information.

How would you expect me to carry on when he's given me a bad start?
    Last edited by DeathGodInATutu; 2010-07-04 at 03:33 PM.
    shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathGodInATutu View Post
    So if I'm not able to make it past the very first paragraphs, that means it's my fault because I've already got an opinion on it?

Seriously?

Heck, I've even given you my reason as to why I'm not liking it. Suppose I'll have to RE-ADD them.

-I don't like how he writes.
    -The dialogue is not good.
    -Too. Much. Information.

How would you expect me to carry on when he's given me a bad start?
    Feel free to say the extract you read was shit, thats fine, thats your opinion, and its a fair opinion. But, if you re-read your posts, you claim the entire book is shit, and you cannot possibley know that if you havent read it all, you've only read a couple of pages.

Quote Originally Posted by gunner_recall View Post
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...dysinestra.jpg

This is Sinestra/Sintharia as we all know. In the vomit-inducing abortion, Night of the Dragon by Richard Knaak, it is detailed that half of Sinestra's face is basically a skull(think Two-Face in The Dark Knight except maybe with fewer eyeballs). What I can recall from one of the few non-deus ex machina moments in the book, this carried over to her dragon form.

Now, she obviously has scars on her body(chest, shoulders, etc.) from where Deathwing got a little freak-ay but I ask....

Where is the gross half of her face?

Also, why is she like that? I don't think we've ever seen a dragon in this pose before.
    wow != knaak's et. al. books/storys. just get it already...

Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94 View Post
    Feel free to say the extract you read was shit, thats fine, thats your opinion, and its a fair opinion. But, if you re-read your posts, you claim the entire book is shit, and you cannot possibley know that if you havent read it all, you've only read a couple of pages.
    I know I said that the book will be shit, and sorry if you really do not like that, but to me it'll make sense, because he has given me a bad start, therefore now I've got the idea that the entire book will just be as horrible. To me, going to great lengths to describe an eredar being killed by Nelthy's leetle precious is not appealing at all. But ofc, that's my opinion. And that's just one of the problems I had with the extract. :/
    shit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathGodInATutu View Post
    I know I said that the book will be shit, and sorry if you really do not like that, but to me it'll make sense, because he has given me a bad start, therefore now I've got the idea that the entire book will just be as horrible. To me, going to great lengths to describe an eredar being killed by Nelthy's leetle precious is not appealing at all. But ofc, that's my opinion.
    Yes, fine, you think the book IF you read it would be horrible, but you were saying that it IS horrible, as though you have read it, following the trend of sheep, as i stated. In future - try to be a bit more accurate.

Thats fine, but trying to say you know the entire book is crap from the first paragraph is not accurate or a fair judgement, like the above guy is doing.
    Actually, it is. Bad beginnings leads to bad middles and bad ends. If that isn't the case, the editor did a terrible job cleaning it all up and asking for rewrites to improve quality.

Its like a trailer. Bad trailer usually means a bad movie. Though a good trailer doesn't lead to a good movie. It ALL has to be good.

Yes, fine, you think the book IF you read it would be horrible, but you were saying that it IS horrible, as though you have read it, following the trend of sheep, as i stated. In future - try to be a bit more accurate.
    Sorry then. But you must have misunderstood me, I believe I was saying that if I read on, I would not like it, and not saying that I do not like it already. But whatever, I apologise for being inaccurate.
    Last edited by DeathGodInATutu; 2010-07-04 at 04:10 PM.
    shit

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    wow != knaak's et. al. books/storys. just get it already...
    I don't care. I want gross dragon faces even if it's the product of Knaak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Actually, it is. Bad beginnings leads to bad middles and bad ends.
    Ok so everything, including movies, books, stories, ever made with a bad beginning, has, and always will have, a bad middle / end ?

Pretty much, yes. People base their opinions on first impressions. Its THE most important thing, especially for art or literature.

Its how most people judge other peoples' tastes in music, certainly. Usually people base their hatred on entire genres based on a few seconds of hearing one song.

If ive learned anything from this game .... its that nothing , and I mean NOTHING I kill ever stays dead ....

Ok so everything, including movies, books, stories, ever made with a bad beginning, has, and always will have, a bad middle / end ?
    Literary agents and acquiring editors reject books based on the first couple of pages all the time. A crappy writer isn't suddenly going to metamorphose into Nabokov.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

So basically, because a bunch of people on a forum say they don't like a writer, it's factual evidence that writer doesn't know what they're doing.

Every argument I've seen here stems from an opinion that Knaak's storytelling isn't what you wanted it to be.
    He's telling the story, not you.
    Just because someone tells a story you don't like, or changes a story to a way you no longer appreciate doesn't make it "bad" or the writer "bad". It just means you need to stop reading it or write your own story.

PS: The people that decide not to read something just because it's what everyone is reading are followers of another flock.
    The sheep metaphor doesn't really work as a defense here.
    Last edited by Tobley; 2010-07-05 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobley View Post
    So basically, because a bunch of people on a forum say they don't like a writer, it's factual evidence that writer doesn't know what they're doing.

Every argument I've seen here stems from an opinion that Knaak's storytelling isn't what you wanted it to be.
    He's telling the story, not you.
    Just because someone tells a story you don't like, or changes a story to a way you no longer appreciate doesn't make it "bad" or the writer "bad". It just means you need to stop reading it or write your own story.

PS: The people that decide not to read something just because it's what everyone is reading are followers of another flock.
    The sheep metaphor doesn't really work as a defense here.
    I mean, I can tell you why he's bad. I can point out specific instances of his badness, and explain why they are bad. If you like it, and you are willing to spend your time reading books of this quality, vaya con dios, brother.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    I mean, I can tell you why he's bad. I can point out specific instances of his badness, and explain why they are bad. If you like it, and you are willing to spend your time reading books of this quality, vaya con dios, brother.
    This man speaks the truth.

I wouldn't go around flaming Knaak if he had at least a tiny bit of decency and would only remain fixated with his terrible gaze towards the Warcraft universe... but no. Oh no. He had to ruin Diablo for me as well. After that terrible, excruciating novel Night of the Dragon, I've read the Sin War trilogy... and I cried... Diablo and all its gory fantasy... has been destroyed. Well done Knaak... well done...

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    This man speaks the truth.

I wouldn't go around flaming Knaak if he had at least a tiny bit of decency and would only remain fixated with his terrible gaze towards the Warcraft universe... but no. Oh no. He had to ruin Diablo for me as well. After that terrible, excruciating novel Night of the Dragon, I've read the Sin War trilogy... and I cried... Diablo and all its gory fantasy... has been destroyed. Well done Knaak... well done...
    Well, he has the deal with Blizzard, and they keep hiring him. It may be that the talent pool to write video-game license fiction is kind of thin, though Star Wars and Star Trek has apparently attracted some interesting talent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Her face is hovering above you when you sleep, watching you.

When I read the topic title I thought of Peter watching Phantom of the Opera in that one Family Guy episode. "C'mon! Lets see the gross half of your face!"

Deleted
    I smell a copy of DC comics, Two-face has returned!