Request to those in Beta

Please try and calculate (read: approximate) how Haste Rating affects Focus regeneration. This will be extremely important to know for planning gear choices and to figure out Haste "plateaus", so to speak. Eg: At X haste, you regenerate focus fast enough to drop one Steady Shot before another shot.

I'm not sure exactly how you would be able to test this, probably by standing still taking pieces of gear on and off in front of a training dummy that you can waste focus on, or something.

Also, if there are any hunters who are also dataminers... try to find the exact conversion rates. The theorycrafters, min/maxers and the curious will thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind that the beta level cap is 82 at the moment, so testers won't be able to tell you how it works at 85.

At least we could get a feeling for it. Also, seeing as the formulas for Crit/Hit etc. conversions for level 85 were found in there, I assume that they could be datamined.

If I ever get in, I'll be writing a lot of this down, so you can be ready for that day with me =p
    I already am working on a haste set (mostly to make a machigun hunter for giggles), so it should be rather simply to see how haste works at 80/81/82 and get a general idea of where it's going to 85.

Just doing some mental napkin math, but I predict that it won't be an overly complex formula since focus will be such a fundamental part of the class.. My hunch is it will be something simple like:

1% haste rating = +0.06 focus/sec

Before anyone complains that it's too low, think of it this way.. Using that formula means every 16.66% haste rating = +1.0 focus/sec = +16.66% increased focus regen (since we have a base of 6 focus/sec.) Anything much higher than that just seems to be begging for other classes to cry for nerfs ^^;; I think it would be fair to get +50% focus regen for 50% haste.

I don't think it will be a linear growth, but we will have to run tests and see. Still waiting on my key in the mail =)

If I get a beta invite I'll be doing a lot of tests so before everything is done and over with I will be able to share my information with you and my theorys. I'll write up a nice guide for everyone. ;-)
    It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    I don't think it will be a linear growth, but we will have to run tests and see. Still waiting on my key in the mail =)
    The model I came up with allows for scaling as you level since it would be based on percentage, not rating. Maybe it's a bit much to ask of Blizzard to make at least some of the new mechanics simple/easy to wrap your head around without advanced calculus? ^^;;

I'm not sure blizzard likes simple mechanics =p

10+ Year Old Account
    I think EJ is already working on a new spreadsheet. So is femaledwarf.com

I'm not sure blizzard likes simple mechanics =p
    Are you sure? >.>;; I thought the whole idea behind removing 1/2 our combat stats was to simplify things and make it easier to understand after all XD

Hmm, I guess we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman80 View Post
    Are you sure? >.>;; I thought the whole idea behind removing 1/2 our combat stats was to simplify things and make it easier to understand after all XD

This game is getting to be easy mode. I part I can understand.. Look how mand talents and abilities hunters have already. LOTS OF KEY BINDINGS. haha second... about 90%-95% of the players are kind of QQer's and bads... while it might suck for the other 10% or 5%. Financially it is going to bring in more money for blizzard. So I think we will start to see some pretty plain jane mechanics as time goes on. just my opinion.
    It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80.

Quote Originally Posted by Noverias View Post
    This game is getting to be easy mode. I part I can understand.. Look how mand talents and abilities hunters have already. LOTS OF KEY BINDINGS. haha second... about 90%-95% of the players are kind of QQer's and bads... while it might suck for the other 10% or 5%. Financially it is going to bring in more money for blizzard. So I think we will start to see some pretty plain jane mechanics as time goes on. just my opinion.
    Oh oh can i be you ?

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohahihehu View Post
    At least we could get a feeling for it. Also, seeing as the formulas for Crit/Hit etc. conversions for level 85 were found in there, I assume that they could be datamined.
    There won't be much of a feeling at all. Rating changes drastically as you level, so how will it help you to know that what extra Focus regen from Haste you get at 80 will be nowhere near what you get at 85? I understand your thirst for knowledge; I too would like to be in the Beta to see these things. However, the game is nowhere NEAR it's final release, and I'd say even IF level 85 was available, the haste-focus conversions would be tweaked before shipping anyways.
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

Well, there's the rating formulas, and with those + any regen data gained we could take an educated guess.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohahihehu View Post
    Well, there's the rating formulas, and with those + any regen data gained we could take an educated guess.
    No, "we" couldn't. Focus isn't even working correctly as is; It's only providing approximately 3 Focus per second instead of the 6 it's supposed to. Who's to say that Haste is working correctly when the core mechanic isn't?
    I'll not spend my days glancing over my shoulder for assassins. Let them look back for me. --Elbryan, the Nightbird.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Thundercougr/

Quote Originally Posted by Noverias View Post
    Because being cynical is cool.

@OP If I get in, I'd be glad to help. Sadly, my luck with these things is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by deadman80 View Post
    Please, show me this "1/2 our combat stats" that were removed. I seem to have missed that part. AP was absorbed by Agi, but is still present, which doenst really affect hunters at all since we gemmed Agi anyways. Armor Pen was taken away, and replaced by Mastery.

So they only REMOVED 1 stat, and added 1 new one. Please tell me how this adds up to "1/2 our combat stats".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

If I ever get in, I'll be writing a lot of this down, so you can be ready for that day with me =p
    I already am working on a haste set (mostly to make a machigun hunter for giggles), so it should be rather simply to see how haste works at 80/81/82 and get a general idea of where it's going to 85.
    If most of your gear has ArP on it, as it is right now, you'll have a haste set. Moving the character to beta and pre beta switched all of the arp on gear to haste. My setup at the moment is around 750 haste, the gems turned from arp to crit.