Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ainhin was an alliance poster that went to amazing lengths to defend the alliance, think of my FOR THE HORDE!!!!!!! attitude, double it and change it to FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!!! and you have ainhin

The Thorium Brotherhood is a part of the Dark Iron clan technically, having them back in the fold with the Broznebeards would be a great boon to the Alliance.

Varian should stay out of other race's business. It's one thing for the dwarfs to ask for help, its another to mosey in and start killing people.

10+ Year Old Account
    also btw, here's an example to those of you who don't understand the moira situation, think of what would happen if Thrall had a daughter...Thrall's Daughter goes and get's impregnated by Dal'Rend Blackhand, She comes to Orgrimmar with her infant after we kill Rend and wants to talk peace...Should the Horde Trust her? HELL NO, I mean you alliance players can't be THAT stupid...

What's exactly is the source for this.

I've checked the wowwiki articles for Moira, Varian, Ironforge, Drarves, and Magni and haven't found anything like the OP's quote.

Anyways, I'm a little suspicious of this idea. We know that Moira, Falsted, and Muradin are leading the Dwarves of Ironforge as a senate rather then a single ruler. In addition this quest is given by none other then Moira herself and makes reference to the current Dark Iron ambassador betraying Ironforge. Naturally this must mean that at least some Dark Irons are loyal to Ironforge.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the Dark Iron's have split into 2 factions. 1 lead by Moira, seeks to make peace with the Wildhammer and Bronzebeards. The other faction is still allied with Twilight's Hammer and is attempting to conquer Ironforge.

None of this suggest Moira was assassinated by Varian or was even killed at any point.
    Last edited by Falrinn; 2010-07-04 at 04:14 AM.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Badgers View Post
    Because that would hurt his eye. A fancy contact would be better.
    Monocle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Do you have any idea who the Dark Iron Dwarves are?

Do a wowwiki search.

Moira, as far as I'm concerned, is evil. Any talk of peace from her was just that: talk. The Dark Irons can NOT be trusted.

Let me put it in terms the Horde would understand: would you guys trust the Grimtotem clan as leadership?
    And yet we teamed up with them in stonetalon sigh sad day for my alliance toons then even though i love tauren as there one of the best races next to human,blood elf,goblin,worgen,dwarfs
    and as an alliance that has runed the old vanilla instance with them in it before bc didnt get far in the raid though i call bullshit on peace the Wild Hammer and BronzeBeards are the only good hammers there are the only exception i see is if the Thoronium Brotherhood go from neutral to Alliance since there basically the Dark Irons that said serve a Firelord yeah this sounds potientally dangerous Seeya.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

I disagree with this. Garrosh wouldn't have screwed around, he would've ran into ironforge and burned it down himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    And yet we teamed up with them in stonetalon sigh sad day for my alliance toons then even though i love tauren as there one of the best races next to human,blood elf,goblin,worgen,dwarfs
    and as an alliance that has runed the old vanilla instance with them in it before bc didnt get far in the raid though i call bullshit on peace the Wild Hammer and BronzeBeards are the only good hammers there are the only exception i see is if the Thoronium Brotherhood go from neutral to Alliance since there basically the Dark Irons that said serve a Firelord yeah this sounds potientally dangerous Seeya.
    I don't really know what's up with us and the Grimtotem in Stonetalon.

Hoping we just did it for free passage, and have no interest in actually working with them. Or better yet...double cross them.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    Do you have any idea who the Dark Iron Dwarves are?

Do a wowwiki search.

Moira, as far as I'm concerned, is evil. Any talk of peace from her was just that: talk. The Dark Irons can NOT be trusted.

Let me put it in terms the Horde would understand: would you guys trust the Grimtotem clan as leadership?
    i think the remaining dark irons should join the horde, like how the grim totem are in the alliance now (look up the screenshots there in the alliance now)

Quote Originally Posted by Eltrollo View Post
    i think the remaining dark irons should join the horde, like how the grim totem are in the alliance now (look up the screenshots there in the alliance now)
    No, we're just working with them. Hopefully just for that one quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    No, we're just working with them. Hopefully just for that one quest.
    I dunno what is up with that whole crap. Alliance wouldn't work with Taurens. The Grimtotem CERTAINLY wouldn't work with any other race.

Quote Originally Posted by wowwiki
    The Grimtotem tribe (aka Grimtotem clan, Grimtotem tauren)is one of the mightiest of the tauren tribes. They stand as an aggressive extreme in the usually pacifist tauren. They wish to eradicate the "lesser races" from Kalimdor and retake the long lost tauren ancestral holdings. The Grimtotem tribe fights to eliminate enemies of the tauren; to the Grimtotem, almost all races are enemies of the tauren.
    But now they're allying with the Alliance like scared little girls because the horde wants them all dead? Makes no sense.

And I completely agree with what Varian did. I play horde, I hate Varian, but it was a smart move on his part, he'd have been a fool to watch her or her son become the heir to Ironforge and the Dark Iron govern it.

10+ Year Old Account
    although i do gotta say i do like varian hs my fav alliance leader but since MAlfurion and Muradin are getting leader positions heh Varian aint looking good for you buddy

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

15+ Year Old Account
    When was he not a jackass?:P
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Oh no, he killed a dwarf. Let me just pull one..outta my bag here....

*Dugs through bag*

Here we go.

---------- Post added 2010-07-03 at 09:39 PM ----------

Oh and apepi, get your ass back to the RP forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Is Ainhin that freaking dwarf hunter ? , I hate that dude with a passion... hes so annoying..

Quote Originally Posted by Shroud View Post
    although i do gotta say i do like varian hs my fav alliance leader but since MAlfurion and Muradin are getting leader positions heh Varian aint looking good for you buddy
    How...how is it not looking good for him?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    How...how is it not looking good for him?
    He's saying with more notable, favorable alliance leaders coming back into the scene Varian may not be his favorite much longer.

Moira has been trying to reuinte the dark irons and ironforge since that quest to find her in BRD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by acidragoon View Post
    Moira has been trying to reuinte the dark irons and ironforge since that quest to find her in BRD
    Yeah and she saw they were worshipping Ragnaros and elementals and was cool with it. She's insane.

Here's a thought.

Seeing as how the whole "Garrosh murders Cairne" scenario has been resolved into "Cairne duels Garrosh and dies from being posioned by Magatha" situation, could it be possible that IF Moira does get assassinated could it be by someone else pulling the strings (other than Blizzard of course, heaven forbid Alliance get ahead).

Cairne dying from an accidental strike by Garrosh seems more likely than Varian just up and murdering Moira while she's ruling with Muradin, who clearly supports Varian judging from ICC, and Falstad. My two cents is that IF Moira does get assassinated, it'll likely be to provide tension with Varian denying having anything to do with it and probably a long ass quest chain to clear his name.

OR it could be the Alliance variation of the TB siege, DI dwarves assassinate Moira (they like the idea of a Bronzebeared leading them even less than IF having a DI for a King) lay it on Varian's lap and use it as an excuse to assault IF while the drama ensues. Eh, guess we'll find out when more Beta leaks are available.